Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see. Hard for a human being that young to carry the weight of your hope for living.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah she see's it like that too. thats one of the things we're addressing here.

while i thank her for the things she's taught me, she hasn't harmed me in any way. just because being with her lifts me up, doesn't mean that being without her forces me down. even without her, i'm still a far better person than i was. i cant unlearn these lessons.

i've made it a point to tell her this.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this isn't relevant, but I recognize my personal experience of "The Heartbreaking Break-Up" as entirely narcissistic.

We both knew the relationship was doomed to fail, but I loved her (and more specifically, I loved how great it made me feel that someone so beautiful and special loved me) so much that I simply refused to act rationally.

I even knew it at the time. My justification was some vain-glorious aesthetic stoicism. I convinced myself that I wanted to feel the all the glorious beauty of the depths of profound heartbreak--that I would not turn away simply because of the pain.

Hee hee. I can't even say that I regret it. It ****ed up my personal life in many ways--not all of which were temporary, but it sure was a powerfully meaningful experience.

Still, if a relationship is doomed, you've got to eventually move on.

Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eventually. even now. i'm not trying to endure the hurt for the beauty of it. i left that stage when i was ooohhh, 22 or so. i'm just being patient while she figures out what she wants.

it just happens that the hurt is here, while i'm waiting. the hurt would be here whether i were waiting or not.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you saying now that you're committed. That's fine with me. My contention is that the main thing is to decide whether or not you're committed. Once you satnd on your OWN ground, you can decide what boundaries to apply.

Likewise, once you've claimed YOUR ground, she can decide whether she will commit to understanding and respecting it.

Someone's got to make a stand for both to make a stand or for one to make a definitive retreat. Otherwise its tetherball with both your hearts tied to the tether.

Now you become a pole. Much better for both of you.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as I'm trolling Ornery tonight, it's time to give this one a bump.

My picture needs aren't being met, you people!

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

right, sorry.
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my god, Tony, it's about time. [Wink]

Alla y'alls, time to pony up. [Smile]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus, Tony. You look way different than I thought you would. I had an image of you as being stick figured or something.
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

hehe, maybe when i was 20. a solid decade of manual labor, and about 30 lbs overweight, that's one oddly shaped stick
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol.

BTW, I think some of the epic posters should repost pictures of themselves, most of the old links are dead now [Frown] .

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

slightly more accurate indicator of shape
tonylovern
Member # 2580

scouser1 told me to post a pic of her. this is one of my personal favorites.

scouser1

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why I do not shave
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

fun

even if no one else posts on this, you're the one that started the game back up. c'mon now. [Razz]

scouser1
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yas were all crap in keepin this alive ey?? [Razz] I'd like some of the new people who had not joined to partake in this thread first time round to post a picture please, ya always gotta see the person who ya arguin with after all [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

Not dead, only buried, KE. [Smile]
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness, this thread is like a swamp of old memories.

Criminy.

I just spend FAR TOO LONG rereading through it. Wondering whatever happened to some of those folks.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Funean, this was your baby wasn't it?
You should spend time pulling together all the pictures and making one big ornery photo album [Razz]

Funean
Member # 2345

Nah, it started before I joined. I just had fun with it. [Smile]

We could do that, though!--get some free space somewhere and put the map and pictures and perhaps even the Ornery U posts when they get going on it. We'd probably need to call it something other than "Ornery," though. And someone other than me with my "no time" to do it. [Razz]

Ops, I do that too, with some of the threads I revisit for whatever reason. Because so many of the regulars don't leave, I think I don't notice when some do. That's bad, I think.

KnightEnder
unregistered

Wow, that's service. [Smile] Thanks.

KE

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still wondering what happened to Daruma. He ussualy tells us if he's taking a vacation or sabatical.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

Did you try email? (--->Queen of the Obvious suggestion) You're right; he's not usually gone this long with no explanation.
Jesse
Member # 1860

Me? Emailing Daruma?

Dude might think I like him or something. I mean, that would be like emailing Flydye!!!

The snark-fests would never be the same [Frown]

[ February 20, 2008, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Funean
Member # 2345

I see your point. Sullied by concern and whatnot. [Wink]

Okay, I'll do it. People expect me to be nice, after all (dammit!).

Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean I was actually missed around here?

I'm flattered... [Wink]

I have just completed a major transition in my life. I've moved from the house I've been living in for the past seven years in the suburbs to the boondocks of this island...and I'm loving every minute of it.

I now live in a cabin at the top of the Wai'anae mountain range in a remote place called Palehua.

Here's a website about the radio/TV towers that are on the ridge top of my new residence. I live right next to one of these towers, and my backyard has a view of the Island, and on clear days, I can see Maui, Moloka'i and Lana'i.

I've been burning the candle at both ends to get the move done, and I've taken so much time off of work, I've had to spend just about every moment here at the office doing catch up work.

I've finally "caught up."

Rest assured, I've lurked more than a few times in the past month...but I'm REALLY uninspired by this latest election cycle, and I just haven't had anything substantive to add to the conversation around here.

Oh, and Jesse, emailing me would have absolutely no effect on the Snark fest...I just simply haven't been feeling too Ornery as of late. [Smile]

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

Had to take a call, returned to email, and lo.....kewl.
Jesse
Member # 1860

Damn that's a view.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Me and My Roy Rogers boots
D Pace
Member # 1493

- posted      Profile for D Pace   Email D Pace       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TonyLovern:

I apologize for being a voyeur (ecouteur?), but I felt a great affinity for the emotional turmoil you were describing last Valentine's day, trying to sort out very similar thoughts and feelings myself, and with the bumping of this thread I (and probably a lot of other people) just re-read your whole series of posts of emotionally raw thoughts from a year ago, and I wondered what ever became of all that.

I apologize if you ended up describing the continuation elsewhere here, and I apologize if this is overly intrusive, but I would be very interested if you would have any mind to writing an epilogue of one year later.

Posts: 376 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woof-woof
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Facebook? Don't get that started, or soon everyone will be "friends" and have to watch what they say.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

And there'll be whispering under the stairs!
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blame Knightender.
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
Why I do not shave

You're definitely a guy who should grow a little facial hair. You wouldn't last ten minutes in jail with that pretty face!

[Wink]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

Pot, kettle, canadian. [Wink]

quote:
Blame Knightender.
That's just good policy. [Smile]
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenmeer, your photo made me smile. The eyes truly are the window to the soul (which is why Jesse was wearing sunglasses in the photo he shared - vampires having no souls and all).
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a good photo.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

She looks like a Bishop's daughter. Believe me, she can...

[Wink]

Jesse
Member # 1860

Oh, we have one, it's just not something you'd want to see.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page