Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHy I should not shave.... My head
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Kenmeer, your photo made me smile. The eyes truly are the window to the soul "

I guess that means I have a cock-eyed soul.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WHy I should not shave.... My head"

Because it shows off your pretty eyes?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenmeer, your nose wasn't bleeding. What gives?
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

If you'll look in my left nostril (right side of picture) you'll see wee bit of dark crud. Dried blood.
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesse, your shaved head is cute!

But you are right, your nice curly brown hair is nicer.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Why did I just go back a page and examine Oz's nose for dried blood? What is WRONG with me?)

[Wink]

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

If it bleeds it leads.
Michelle
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for Michelle   Email Michelle       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, a break from the news of the day.

This was a fun read. great pics, everyone. [Wink]

Posts: 800 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Yearbook Yourself? It's great fun!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Face of Evil.
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How I look now. I shaved off the goatee that was scaring my daughter.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Wow. You belong on some hi sci-fi space-faring rogues drama...
Michelle
Member # 3237

- posted      Profile for Michelle   Email Michelle       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the men on this forum have such pretty eyes.
Posts: 800 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the women are strong and the kids are all above average.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm. Don't think I've ever posted on this thread. Here is a silly page from my nordic ski blog that has some action shots, plus a head shot on the side. Please be kind. [Smile]

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimskater
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for jimskater   Email jimskater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on the left (natch)

Engagement Photo

Posts: 805 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam, how lucky you are to have a Masters-of-the-Universe kind of name. Perfect for coaching!
Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, since this thread has been resurrected, I'll repost some of my photos.

More to the point, as some may remember my father's trip to Belgium last year to visit the site of his 63 year old plane crash, I've since found more photos of the trip from our Belgian friends.

Just follow this link: www.EdwardGDanaII.info

Click on the link at the bottom labeled "Albums." Then scroll to the bottom for the section labeled "Hard Seventeen." There you will find photos from our good friend Paul Van Caesbroek, the Broken Wings Museum (BAHAAT), and the Belgian Military.

As always, enjoy! [Smile]

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one of the few photos that I have at work:

At a meeting, me on the right.

I look really strange in that pic, but I can't find a better one.

[ September 30, 2008, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: munga ]

Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin' good, munga.

jim, you cradle robber you.

Adam: dreamy. [Wink]

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a new pic, I've aged twenty years in the last five. [Frown]

Nice pic munga. I had no idea you were a black woman. [Wink]

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim, your significant other looks familiar? Kinda like Lance Armstrong.

Adam, what is all that white stuff? Can I use your name for a character in a book? Munga is right it is a great name.

Scifi, you do have beautiful eyes. [Smile]

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

Wrong lady, KE. I'm the albino with the dark hair and the distorted features. I'm trying to find a better pic here.
jimskater
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for jimskater   Email jimskater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scifi, I'm no cradle robber [Embarrassed] He's 3 years older than me!!!!

KE--Steve's from Pennsylvania originally. Not done anything famous, though. Except he was the 2nd person ever to successfully captive breed an endangered chameleon species about 10 years ago.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

jim, I guess the hair color makes him look a bit younger than you. Not that it's a big apparent difference - I was just teasing. You're a handsome couple.

KE: Thanks. You've got a strong chin. *chucks KE's chin*

jimskater
Member # 181

Knew you were teasing me, scifi... technically, he's the cradle robber. [Wink]
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@scifibum:

awww, shucks. [Embarrassed]

@KE:

Only if can use your likeness as a villian in my comic book.

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

That's an accomplishment, Jim.

What species?

Veiled are supposed to be "easy" and they're a challenging pet even for a reptile.

We gotta have a west coast ornery-con one of these days.

[ October 01, 2008, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

TommySama
Member # 2780

Midwest.
Jesse
Member # 1860

Oh, yay.

You and Fly. How fun. [Razz]

jimskater
Member # 181

quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
That's an accomplishment, Jim.

What species?

Veiled are supposed to be "easy" and they're a challenging pet even for a reptile.

We gotta have a west coast ornery-con one of these days.

Fullerborni chameleon. It was 10 or 12 years ago. They're on the smaller end of the size scale. (I think it's since turned out that they're relatively easy to breed, if you get the enclosure environment down correctly. Still, he was the 2nd person in the States to breed them...)

[ October 02, 2008, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: jimskater ]

Jesse
Member # 1860

Still, hard to keep the little buggers healthy even whith lots of basic information available.
TommySama
Member # 2780

Why do munga's pictures not work on my computer? Is it like that thing how my skin starts burning whenever I cross the threshold into a church or MAC??
hobsen
Member # 2923

- posted      Profile for hobsen   Email hobsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Browser Document is what munga's link reports for me. My computer generally goes on to add "This program has known compatibility issues." In practice, all Adobe files kill my computer; and I have to restart.

Since she says it is a terrible picture, maybe you can wait for a better one....

Posts: 4387 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vacation photos - went crazy with the new camera hence the 10 minute slide show: Sedona 2008
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

Way to bat outta yer league, Colin! [Wink]
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Diamond Dave says "it's better with 2 for conversation, that way if there ends up being any, I don't have to get involved!"
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

Correction - that was Rodney Dangerfield in Diamond Dave's video for Yankee Rose.
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no such thing as "too long" when talking about Sedona, Colin. [Smile] Very nice pics.

Some of us Zonies, wish they had declared the place a national park a long time ago. Hell, I'm for declaring it one now and throwing everyone out! [Big Grin]

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page