Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EDanaII:

Some of us Zonies, wish they had declared the place a national park a long time ago. Hell, I'm for declaring it one now and throwing everyone out! [Big Grin]

Ed.

Where would we get all of our healing crystals than? [LOL]
Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From me! Because I'll then have exclusive control! Muahahahaha! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulled off my wall. An old mom-kids pic.
Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yer little people are adorable!
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for munga   Email munga   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks. I agree.
Posts: 5515 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, new people. Time to pony up. I need to see who I'm annoyed with. [Wink]

(egad, munga, you look EXACTLY as I pictured you! Which is to say, like my pal Lisa from the 8th grade. You're not a convert from Catholicism from WV, are you? Gorgeous kids, too!)

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagined munga would be stouter. Not really sure why...
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

fun ------ thank you, they are my lovies.

tommy ----- *smack*

I will say, I don't wear glasses anymore. John and I both had them lasic'd and it is a huge, wonderful change. If anyone has been wondering whether or not to do it... my answer is, absolutely. It was even worth the vomiting I had for 24 hours after, in reaction to the topical anesthetic.

[ November 20, 2008, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: munga ]

OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though a not-often-publicized but relatively frequently-occuring side effect of the lasik is chronic, incurable dry-eye.
Plus it does not always work.
Plus there's a decent probability that an initially sucessful surgery will revert after a number of years.

Anyway that's what my opthalmologist friend said.

Not that it's not fabulous and a great fit for lots of people. Just...you know...it's not perfect.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevarooni
Member # 6053

- posted      Profile for Stevarooni   Email Stevarooni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll get eye surgery once people have had it for 20+ years with no difficulties. OK, not likely in my lifetime, but I'm kind of sensitive about the ol' peepers; I don't want to have to depend on the government for support, and all of my established skills require vision.
Posts: 536 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

Well, my mom is an optician, and everyone gets "far sighted" around age forty, which cannot be prevented, as it isn't lens related, but rather related to the shape of the eye changing with age.

But, I really like my Lasic. I'll get glasses for reading just like every other Old Guy when I'm old, if I have to, but I tell you, I was blind as a bat.

I was aware of the possibilities, just sayin' it worked great for us.

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
munga, ever heard of the Pizza Shack in Minneapolis?
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had LASIK last March and had about 4 months of dry eyes, it's better now.

My understanding is that chronic dry eye is mostly an issue for certain ethnic groups; Chinese have this problem a lot more than Europeans.

Yeah, the farsightedness comes from losing the ability to focus the internal lens, hits people about 40-45 (it'll be fabulous when somebody fixes this. It seems to be due to the lens hardening...someone will figure out how to soften it up again or come up with a decent prosthetic). (Munga I think you meant it isn't cornea related, which part is what LASIK modifies.)

It is pretty darn expensive, though. I probably should have waited until I had the money sitting around not doing anything else. But since I got it, now my wife wants it, and...it seems like a bad idea to push back on it. [Wink] Thank goodness for medical flex spending accounts.

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear lenses. They're awesome.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, munga, I had no idea you were so young! I thought you were at least in your thirties or something. (Hides from the inevitable smack…)
Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

Jordan, you know I'm in my 30s!!!

Tommy- no, I'm just a Papa John's girl. I really like the green pepperchinos (however that is spelled) that come with those pizzas.

scifi- yep yer right, I was just too lazy to check it.

msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my eyes done 4 or 5 years ago. Best money my parents ever spent on me.

I love it. Had to have it done a second time to get the corretion to 20/20. The doctor had told me this was likely with the amount of correction I needed. It was all covered.

I would do it again in a heart beat.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel sort of obligated to say that LASIK is worth a sober consideration of the risks, especially when they present you with the agreement that you will not sue for damages if something bad happens. Read at least a couple of stories of people who had complications, and think about them, and decide how much not wearing glasses or contacts is worth to you...for me it solved some headaches and a lot of minor daily inconveniences, and I decided the risk was worth it.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that would explain why I thought that. [Embarrassed]

Good gravy, I'm bad at guessing people's ages from pictures.

[ November 20, 2008, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Jordan ]

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, Jordan. Fancy seeing you here, since we've never seen you here.

^
|
|

(is a hint) [Wink]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're engaged to a man you've never even seen a picture of?
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

I could swear I've seen a picture.

But that has nothing to do with me NOT being engaged to Jordan. He'd be my first choice if I switched teams. *smooch*

Found it!

(Funean, meet your betrothed)

[ November 20, 2008, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: scifibum ]

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands off! I already called dibs!
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

*dutifully goes to back of line*
Funean
Member # 2345

Nice work, scifi!

And back off, both of y'all! Mine!!

TommySama
Member # 2780

"Tommy- no, I'm just a Papa John's girl. I really like the green pepperchinos (however that is spelled) that come with those pizzas. "

Papa J's is alright on occasion. Davannis is I would argue the best pizza you can get in the Midwest (besides a few places which have pretty convincing East Coast style pizza). My friends and I used to get Dominoes a lot, until the friend whose house we played video games at got a dog. When the pizza delivery woman came up the dog ran up and bit her leg. After the trial, Dominoes refused to deliver to his house anymore [Smile]

But I never ate at the Pizza Shack. It was the place where two cops got gunned down one evening while eating (plus every year or so somebody gets shot on that corner anyways.) Remember it now?

munga
Member # 6006

Naw, first, John and I lived mostly on the east side- Maplewood, E St Paul, Shoreview, and we were married in 91 and then lived in Utah, the shooting was in 92, and we moved to the twin cities in 93, so we missed all the buzz.

But I see online that they made an anchovy pizza. Anyone who makes stuff like that is a-ok in my book. I also like white-sauce for pizza sauce, too, when I can find it.

Jordan
Member # 2159

Dudes, have you no respect for trans-Atlantic inter-gay duogamy?! Funean and I are happily non-civil-quartetized!
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jordan:
Dudes, have you no respect for trans-Atlantic inter-gay duogamy?! Funean and I are happily non-civil-quartetized!

[LOL]
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

Also: [LOL]
Funean
Member # 2345

I think we are due presents, quite frankly.
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacy changed my pic on Facebook. Here is a new one of little John as James Bond back in the day shooting me in the head.

Facebook Pic: Top Left

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
munga
Member # 6006

how do we see you? it asks me to log-in
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Funean:
I think we are due presents, quite frankly.

Shoot, Fun. Is it too late?
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

It's NEVER too late for presents! [Big Grin]
cperry
Member # 1938

Excellent, excellent point. And are you registered somewhere? [Wink]
Funean
Member # 2345

Oooh, gosh. Jordan, dear, preferences?

(He probably has better taste than I do [Wink] )

KnightEnder
unregistered

Wow, sorry I don't really know how that thing works. If it asks you for my password for Facebook just type in "jacob2" and that will open my homepage.

I'll change it later, but I trust you guys. If anyone knows how to take that pic of little John shooting me and putting it somewhere it can be seen without having to log in, please do it for me.

KE

Pyrtolin
Member # 2638

- posted      Profile for Pyrtolin   Email Pyrtolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Won't do any good- that link doesn't actually have anything specific to you in it- it's just the facebook home page.

This is more what you meant to do:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Knight-Ender/567791892?

These are pretty good looks at me:
http://www.myspace.com/pyrtolin
http://www.post-gazette.com/journal/photos_display.asp?ID=23386

Posts: 11997 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Actually thisi is the one that Stacy Changed it to.
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page