Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If anyone needs a place to post a picture, just go here.

It's quick, easy, and free.

That works too. [Wink]

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE & wife pic Sorry SB. I got kinda busy. This used to be on my profile, and I'm still 2/3 of the way through my novel.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your wife is very good looking, but that picture you have posted of her makes her look like one of the victims of Joker's cosmetic products in Batman. No offence [Smile]
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

She does look kinda pale, but she hardly ever takes pictures. I'll try to find another one.

KE

Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, it's not her pallor. She has what looks like a ridiculous ear to ear grin, like the joker's victims. It's actually pretty funny, if a little disturbing. Don't you remember from the movie, when the news lady collapses on the set and dies laughing? [Smile]
Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

In real life she is rarely that happy, so it doesn't come up much. [Smile] I'll change it but since our last computer crashed that is the only one I have of either of us on the computer. She's beautiful in real life, and that's what counts.

KE

Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new, might as well throw a picture up now while I have one. You should probably drag and drop or copy and paste this:

woof

[ February 23, 2005, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Loki ]

Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't bother changing it on our account. It's obvious from the picture that she's an attractive lady. The smile thing to me looks like more a factor of photo quality and angle.
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Ornery, Loki
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks to me, based on the pixelation, like the photo has been degraded considerabaly, possibly by repeated compression or resizing, and that probably accounts for what you are seeing. Regardless, I have to agree that she is one attrative lady and KE, you are one lucky guy.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Thanks. She is even a more beautiful person. Considering we were kids when we got married, you are very right, I am one lucky guy.

KE

FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zyne -

Your cat is great! [Smile]

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knight Ender, I think it's a nice smile, even if a bit digitally exaggerated.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelcimer
unregistered

You know, a picture of a cat draws comment, but someone in a dress doesn't.

That only makes no sense.

Everard
unregistered

hah. my picture got ZERO responses too. And there was no dress involved.
kelcimer
unregistered

Ev

To be honest I'm kinda thrown by the fact that you are not near a computer and don't have the look of someone in a debate. SB's pic works well because you can believe it was taken at 3 in the morning after she has been in a raging debate since she got off of work at 11.

Everard
unregistered

Well, the place where that picture was taken is sortof my "spiritual home." Its up in the catskill mountains, far from civilization, the internet, or computers. I like being in remote places... for a few days at a time. Then I come back to computers, debates, and technology [Smile] I love going XC skiing, being in the mountains in summer, or driving deserted roads.
KnightEnder
unregistered

Ev,

Who is the pretty girl?

KE

Adam Lassek
Member # 1514

- posted      Profile for Adam Lassek   Email Adam Lassek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a photo of me taken while visiting San Diego

and here's me screwing with a digital camera [Wink]

Posts: 554 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

"And here's me screwing..."

I was really getting interested for a second. I though this pic-fest was going to take a whole new turn.

KE

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to make it an even 100, WOOF-WOOF!
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, 'fessing up:
http://www.vate.org/images/photos/vate_04_18.jpg

Waiting for warsaw's promised pic.... Since this ageism thing started rolling, we need proof that he's really the youngster he claims to be.

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

KE-
That is my friend who was recently raped [Frown]

KnightEnder
unregistered

Ev,

How is she doing?

cperry,

What are you doing in that pick? Speaking? Playing a piano?

KE

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delivering introductory comments about OSC to a room full of English teachers at our annual state conference. Not my most flattering pic, but it was online and easy to access.

Here's OSC at the same conference:
http://www.vate.org/images/photos/vate_04_15.jpg

He's with our conference A-V chairperson (who took all the other conference photos and was mightily pleased to have his taken with OSC).

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What are you doing in that pick? Speaking? Playing a piano?
Looks like a podium to me. Something about the relief quality makes the microphone look like a laryngial implant.

I see a lot of human being in her eyes.

[ March 01, 2005, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

You posted a pic of her Everard and then identified her as a rape victim?! In the future, I'd exercise more discretion. That is not something that you should be announcing in a public place.
cperry
Member # 1938

Ev,
I hope you both are recovering from the experience. (words fail me)

cperry
Member # 1938

KL -
Okay, here's another, sans implant:
http://www.vate.org/images/photos/vate_04_12.jpg

Perhaps that's better.

That's my husband. We're at the banquet where OSC spoke.

OSC irked quite a few of the teachers in attendance, but he made several really good points.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
You posted a pic of her Everard and then identified her as a rape victim?! In the future, I'd exercise more discretion. That is not something that you should be announcing in a public place.
SInce I'm the reigning Captain of Crassness, I'll suggest that maybe this comment should have been addressed privately to Ev (if such is possible).
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
Perhaps that's better.
It is. Not only does it feature a smile advertising a wry quirkiness of thought, it also shows the lovely roundness of your cheeks while the peek of cleavage suggests an additional roundness elsewhere.

Your hubby's eyes seem to be telling me to keep my distance... [Wink]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
OSC irked quite a few of the teachers in attendance, but he made several really good points.
I can relate to that tactic.

I think OSC is very deliberately an instigator. I'm not saying he doesn't believe in the views he espouses, but that he deliberately espouses them in an 'ornery' way to foment the most inquiry, crossfire, and hopefully, deep analysis.

He's a no good goldang troublemaker and he should be proud... (man, your hubby is VIGILANT! just keeps giving me the backoff eye...)

Oh GAWD!!! I just realized who you remind me of! This is... terrible/great/wonderful/horrible. You look very much like a woman with whom I was madly, terrifyingly, deeply in love with back when I was 19, and for far too many years afterward, although the relationship was over in two years. And it took me this long to realize whom you remind me of!?! I must finally be REALLY over her.

Thank heaven for small wonders...

[ March 01, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

cperry
Member # 1938

I'm glad that I could be of service, Kenmeer. May you luxuriate in the freedom of your new realization!
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

quote:
I'm glad that I could be of service, Kenmeer. May you luxuriate in the freedom of your new realization!
And yet, as is so often the case, luxury is just too much: I MISS missing her!

Old habits die slowly...

cperry
Member # 1938

Is it a habit or an addiction? Important distinction, you know. Purely semantic, of course!
Omega M.
Member # 1392

- posted      Profile for Omega M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be a killjoy or anything, but we all know there's no way to verify whether any of these pictures are true, right?
Posts: 1966 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can verify the OrneryCon pics. I was there. And by association, I can verify Ev's picture.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EDanaII
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for EDanaII   Email EDanaII   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which pictures are you refering to, OmegaM?

Mine are all true! I swear it!!!

Ed.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

I think that most of us here operate on good faith of one another. I doubt that anyone here would lie about their picture.
fotwennytime
Member # 1037

- posted      Profile for fotwennytime   Email fotwennytime   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
m2,
did you get the pics i tried to send you?

Posts: 420 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page