Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » on the internet, no one knows you're a dog. (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
War's LYING. The FBI OWNS him. That's a cranial ANTENNAE sticking outta his ear, fer chrissake.

He's got 2 pounds of plastic explosive planted under his scapulae. SCAPulae, not SCALPulae, which is wired with platinumized polymer fibers dyed blonde. Hair, if you will.

If you see Warsaw, RUN...

There. Do you feel your appearance has been sufficiently vetted NOW, War?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (ah the pitter-patter of tiny maniacal laughing feet...)

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... I'm almost speechless.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zyne -
quote:
And of course his youth and yellow hair
There's another reason I have Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes as my AIM buddy icon.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's another reason I have Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes as my AIM buddy icon."

THE quintessential amoralist... with a tiger for a conscience.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, I'll play!

pic1

pic2

pic3

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadian - FOCUS, PINKY!
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadian,

I always though of you as older. Were you on a model shoot in that first pic? [Wink]

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha ha...I know, I know...I just don't have a lot of photos of yours truly, and what I do have is horrendous...how will I ever find my true internet love now?

[Frown]

edited to add: modelling? HELLS no! That was on Vancouver Island near Tofino...just a snapshot by my friend.

And older? I'm in my early thirties...that's pretty old compared to our young and dauntingly intelligent friend Warrsaw...

[ March 16, 2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

Ha! Tez found a video of somebody doing something really stupid within 50 yards of my home (no jokes, please... too easy).

At that high school you see in the background of my picture, this unfortunate event occurred.

Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canadian, are you sure that is you, and that it is not your fashion model boyfriend?

Nevermind. And ignore the other boys here. They're just jealous of your hair.

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

canadian -
You definitely look younger than you are. There must be a Mrs. canadian.

kelcimer
unregistered

Warrsaw

Okay. I didn't think of you being quite so...tallish and skinny. Again, you not being in front of a computer pounding away at the keyboard with intent throws me as well.

simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's a cranial ANTENNAE sticking outta his ear
We have a new family member, who is in possession of antennae...

meet na-pede-leon dynamite:
yep, that's my hand

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"meet na-pede-leon dynamite:
yep, that's my hand"

That's the trouble with dry ice: too soon it's gone and then you're back to playing with bugs.... is that one of the toxic bitey kind?

simplybiological
Member # 1344

- posted      Profile for simplybiological   Email simplybiological   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
centipedes are the toxic ones... their forelegs are modified into venom delivery devices and they are nasty little buggers.

millipedes are happy friendly adorable-ness... some (mine included) secrete fluid when scared that has a mild cyanide compound in it, but if one is diligent about washing one's hands/avoiding frightening one's millipede, it's no trouble.

Posts: 1742 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't squish one! They're nasty on the skin.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my. Are there people who aren't diligent about washing their hands after handling a millipede? No matter how cute?

(Sorry, I know I'm fulfilling so many stereotypes here, but...shudder.)

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Caribbean, they are fugging everywhere! And centipedes, and scorpions, and 30+ kinds of mosquitoes, and wasps, and sand fleas. That's why everybody spends all their time on the boat [Wink] . I used to live on the right summit http://www.pbase.com/peterb/image/1571926 which is all rain forest on the side you see. Actually, I cut a trail down it to the store for emergency cigarettes to burn bugs [Big Grin] .
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

So now where's your picture, KL? Won't the Kennel Club release it? [Big Grin]
simplybiological
Member # 1344

cp,
i do public education programs with these guys (and madagascar hissing cockroaches) and you would be exactly my target audience... i really like to bully intelligent folks with shudder responses into holding crawlies. guys with girlfriends and dads with daughters are particularly prone to intimidation.

and really, the pede is cute once you give her a chance... i've made many a convert... her shell is really smoother and harder than you'd think, and the legs are very rigid and tickle. pedes are awesome.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Gaghhhh! And another thing that makes me puke is the smell of termites. There are nests the size of tree houses in the tropics -- and I can smell them upwind.

Animals I like, even the uglies, though I think some are nicer than others. Mongooses are sneaky, but I know somebody who has a pet one, and she's friendly enough. Tree rats? eh ...! Oh, and I HATE HATE HATE the tree frogs, but EVERYbody does.

Speaking of rats, Margurite and me: http://journals.aol.com/deykingston/TheGayReview/ . I'm hold the insecticide disguised as diet pepsi [Big Grin] (actually, I think it was cognac).

Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sb--she's gorgeous!
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simplybiological
Member # 1344

hey richard... next time you hobnob with termites, take a blue bic pen and draw something on a piece of paper, then pop a termite or two on it. they'll follow your lines.

i like tree frogs?

thanks Z.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

I'm so glad to know they can read. I'll leave them some notes to pay the rent [Smile] .
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

SB - And if I draw a circle?
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, the pics are great. I might have to put up with tree rats and stinky termites. But what's wrong with tree frogs?
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

SB - I am pretty good at trying new things, if I have a sympathetic guide. It helps to know that millipedes are not poisonous or slimy.

I have a lot of appreciation for critters: I've already owned a snake -- years ago. I like to look at spiders; years ago there was a great banana spider outside my classroom window (in Kissimmee, FL, on what used to be semi-swampland). We named her Anastasia. I don't think I'm hopeless -- just slow. [Smile]

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

They're not poisonous but if you squish one on your skin, you'll find it very uncomfortable for a day.

Tree frogs got imported to Hawaii from the Virgins, and are absolutely ruining real estate there. One frog is like a police whistle in your ear, and there are ZILLIONS of them in the rain forest. Down below where its deserty, there aren't any -- but one can hear the mountain screeching all night. They shut up when the rains stop. Let's put it this way, one can't answer the phone, listen to the radio or watch television at night -- and one wears earplugs the minute it gets dark. That's why the tourist season in Rico and VI is JAN-MAY. In May the rains come or, rather, the FROGS! (They're like the size of your thumbnail, too!!!)

Did I mention big black friendly furry tarantulas [Big Grin] ? I don't mind those, but I don't dig around rocks with bare hands -- or pick up boards or poke into holes or anything; that's the scorpions.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

NB: Margurite and I are the only ones who actually LOOK like dogs here [Big Grin] ! I'm a sheep dog and she's a poodle.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"So now where's your picture, KL? Won't the Kennel Club release it?"

It's back at the beginning of this thread. Page 1.

The Red Pearl aka Janis Joplin's Revenge

But ye gotta join me pyrate crew to see; it's on a yahoogroups site. No obligation. In fact, the crew has for months been in more or less suspended animation with occasional obligatory dirty jokes (subconscious rumblings) and musical references (think of it as cryogenic Music On-Hold).

So ye ask to join; I click reply; you're allowed to see pics of me and asociated stuff. However, you might like Long Tom and Clogges and me, aka Oz. Come winter time, when things are darkened for us temperate climate pirates, we hang out at the Mars Bar and hallucinate as best we can. Clogges is not heavy on big intellect but great with a pun and is a veteran survivor from the original Liverpool scene. Had the misfortune to be promo manager for The Who during their early 70s tours.

Long Tom's a former history professor or something like that. He's a fair dinkum thinkum who likes to cuss when he doesn't understand what's going on but is quick to recognize a rhetorical misstep and is really a fine fun fencing foil.

Hey: what's the difference betweena faggot and refrigerator?

A fridge doesn't fart when you pull your meat out...

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

KL:

Books can be deceiving! Not one single person looks like his or her posts. None is wearing a halo, drooling, or has his head on backwards [Big Grin] !

I tried to subscribe, but that didn't work; so I'll try sign in. But I'm already signed in to Yahoo [Confused] . Well, here goes ...

Locus
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Locus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cperry,

You seem like the perfect candidate for the old "pop your veil off and pour several thousand drones inside your suit" trick [Smile]

Posts: 678 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Locus, if that's anything like some of the crap they pull on Fear Factor...um, probably not! [Smile]
KnightEnder
unregistered

cperry, weird we really are on the same wave-length. I just met a guy from Australia yesterday that was on Fear Factor. [Smile]

KE

cperry
Member # 1938

I've only seen the show a couple of times because my son watched it (when we had tv) and it was on at the gym (multiple tvs -- you watch whatever your equipment is facing while you count and lift), but I really think it should be renamed Gross Out Factor. And I heard that they did this episode with a parent and a child. Now how can that be healthy???

Did the guy you met win?

KnightEnder
unregistered

No, made it to the final two and lost. I don't watch it either because of the gross out factor. Just weird you mentioned it and I just met him. Even weirder because I just mentioned Locke And Demosthenes when you were just thinking about them. For the few people that don't follow mine and cperry's conversations from thread to thread. [Wink]

KE

Locus
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Locus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cperry,

It's an old shock trick. The drones don't have stingers but they still look like a swarm of scary bees.

You don't inflict the bees ON the victim. You pour them on yourself.

Posts: 678 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Ah, yes, I'd be an excellent candidate. I do have some skill at mastering my first reflexes, but I have to have enough warning!
cperry
Member # 1938

KE, I thought of that when you wrote the wavelength bit. I like those occasional moments of mutual understandings; perhaps they're not as coincidental as they might seem.
simplybiological
Member # 1344

The last time i did public ed with the hissing cockroaches, i heard "those are those things on fear factor" about 900 times until i thought i was going to lose it.

because really, we should only learn about things that are on fear factor.

i refuse to watch that show because it promotes the notion that insects are gross/icky/fearsome and that eating them is punishment. for many cultures, eating them is DINNER.

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page