Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Time for Introduction threads (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Time for Introduction threads
Denelian
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for Denelian   Email Denelian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evan -

you're at Maxwell?? (well, Gunter or howver its spelled)
my dad was at Maxwell until he retired - and my ex-husband at Gunter. lol, small world!

being that i am an AF brat, i guess i had a good chance of knowing where you were

Posts: 1139 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EvanWeeks
Member # 883

- posted      Profile for EvanWeeks   Email EvanWeeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Den-

Yep! Been here for the last 3 years. It's not as bad as I make it out to be. If I didn't have tons of friends to run around with and get in trouble with, it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Who's your ex? I might know him!

-Evan

Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denelian
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for Denelian   Email Denelian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope, he got out of the AF something like 7 years ago.

nice thought, though

>I< hated alabama, but im from CA... where there isn't all that bloody HUMIDITY!!!!

Posts: 1139 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denelian
Member # 531

bye the way, my sister and i spent YEARS in and out of both Gunter and Maxwell (and dated waaaaaay too many Airmen lol. and almost all of them were into computers. cuz our dad was a Senior Master Sergeant, computer programmer) we might know people you know, or know people who know people that you know. we're gonna pool names and such, as to who we know that should still be there...

lets see. Jason Rummel is gone... and John Barrett.. is SGT McFadden still there? my ex and i used to play spades with him at lunch. Mike Skidmore maybe, we called him "skidmarks" and he hated it <G> Ken Kelly??? we're just shooting in the dark. we're really too young to know so many people who could be out by now <G> and those who are prolly still there, we only know first names, mostly. except for this one OSI officer... but you know what the OSI does??? it involves catepillars...

cesare borgia
Member # 846

- posted      Profile for cesare borgia   Email cesare borgia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody!

(waiting for "hey dr. nick!")

My name's Ben, and I'm a 17-year old "senior in high school" who's actually a sophomore in college, majoring in political science, (more on that in the school vouchers thread). I like history, and I like international affairs (I even started the International Affairs Club at my college), but it's all pretty knew to me, because I've really only discovered it in the lsat two years.

I was raised to be a liberal jew, (although I'm viciously right wing on the Israel-Palestine issue), but I try to keep an open mind on most matters.

I'm just here to learn, so if I say something stupid, catch me on it (I think Baldar already knew that though)...

Posts: 117 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 723

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah! So I'm not the only one. I'm 18 and a Math/Phys major though. Wonder how many more there are on this neck of cyber-space.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 723

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I ought to start a club like that, to.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I TEACH physics... does that count?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh this would be that thread. I know its a pain but maybe you can cut and paste what the new people wrote so that we have this in one place?
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is 81 out of 1015 people. *% of you have posted a bit about yourselves. Come on you can do better.
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puretext
Member # 823

- posted      Profile for Puretext   Email Puretext   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fsking five page thread...
Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherSeeker
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for AnotherSeeker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what happened to "new kids on the block?"
Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OrneryMod
Administrator
Member # 977

- posted      Profile for OrneryMod   Email OrneryMod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was locked becuase Puretext was actually looking for this thread. Any one who posted in the "New Kids on The Block" thread should cut and paste their info here. If they want to.

OrneryMod

Posts: 1260 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the locked thread...
Colin – not colon. 30, evil white male
Married 9 months to Amy.
We live Mt. Vernon, OH - 40 miles north of Columbus, have 3 cats, 2 dogs, a horse, and no kids - maybe some day, but neither of us care much for the idea at this time.

Amy DVM, me technical writer with BA in English from OSU (literature & creative writing).
Recently graduated after 11 years of swearing I hate OSU (school wise, not sports WE'RE NUMBER 1 WHOOO-WHOOO) and dropping out one less time than I went back.

I joined the Army reserves straight out of high school and am just about to hit 13 years in – I’m a SFC. Never technically served on active duty, but have been activated for a tour in Bosnia and attended more schools and training missions than I care to list. Served 4 years in intelligence for an SF unit, and have been in Psyops ever since.

Last summer I realized the Republicans do things that irritate me as often as things I agree with, so I joined the Libertarian party. While I’ll attack the leftist with the best of ‘em, partisan politics just for the sake of disagreeing really irritates me.

I read a lot of conspiracy theory stuff, but don’t buy into all of it. However, I wouldn’t waste my time with it if I didn’t think there’s some truth to it.
I believe the world is quite different than the surface view most have. I think most people won’t look at “crazy” conspiracy stuff because, in some dark place of their mind, they are afraid it might be true and that’d shatter their perceptions of self, life, country, God, and so on.

I like to work out, run, cook, play ice hockey, soccer, read, hang with the wife and/or friends, and attempt to write creatively when I get the time.

After being a suburbanite for my entire life, I’m growing to like the rural life and learning to ride horses.

I have a goofy, dry sense of humor that more often than not just gets me blank stares like I’m crazy. Oh well, if I say something it’s 100% for my own amusement; if anyone else thinks it’s funny, it’s that much better.

Oh yea, raised Lutheran - still go to church occasion, but searching for something more fulfilling.
I think most organized religion is better at keeping the herd in check than providing us with absolution.

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puretext
Member # 823

- posted      Profile for Puretext   Email Puretext   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, the thread was sort-of locked at my request. I couldn't stand the title of the thread any more. It's what I get for posting late at midnight. I asked OrneryMod to change the title, but all she could do was lock it. So she locked it.

KB

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pseudoCode
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for pseudoCode     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 29, Male, living in NY state's capital district (USA). I joined the US Army shortly after leaving high school for a 1-year stint in the infantry / air defense artillery before getting into the signal corps where I became a pro hacker.
I've been tinkering with computers and programming since the 4th grade and I do it for a living.
My views lean towards the conservative side of the fence with hawkish tendencies. The few places I have deviation from the conservative norm are in the areas of recreational marijuana use (I'm not a smoker, however ... really!) and in the application of capital punishment.
I'm an avid reader and knowledge-seeker. I prefer sci-fi to fantasy in fiction and the only real non-fiction I read is the news (going out on a limb there!).

Posts: 314 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kilthmal
Member # 547

- posted      Profile for Kilthmal   Email Kilthmal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PsuedoCode, I can't get the link in your profile to work. Is it old?

Kilthmal

Posts: 728 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kamisaki
Member # 917

- posted      Profile for Kamisaki   Email Kamisaki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Pasted from other thread)

I'm Craig, 22, from Henderson, Nevada.
I'm currently doing my undergraduate work for a degree in electrical engineerin at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.

I'm getting married in two weeks to Sarah, and I'm really excited about that. Wedding plans, along with preparations for finals this week, are keeping me pretty busy right now.

As far as my political views go, I'm still forming them in a lot of areas (that's one of the main reasons I'm here at Ornery), but I find I usually agree with the right on the issues I know about. I don't know much about economics, though, so I don't have much of an opinion at all on those issues. I'm a registered Republican, and I don't see myself switching parties anytime soon, but who knows, someone may come up with a better alternative.

Posts: 585 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manfoom
Member # 819

- posted      Profile for Manfoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Damian. Manfoom is a completely invented name, and the unfortunate result of a gambit in Scrabble.

I suffer from chronic flippancy.

I have a BA in Humanities,mostly because they had the best reading lists. I have a minor is Zoology, and have studdied quite a bit of Art History, Film, and Chemistry

I work in a laboratory, doing Cancer research for other people.

I am single, white, male and from an economically comfortable family. Despite what my education has said, I don't feel to guilty about that.

I am an enigma, wrapped in a paradox, covered in chocolate sprinkles.

My political affiliations run a wide spectrum. I have voted for Republicans more than for any other party, but not by much. The locals that I support are usually Democratic, but I can be convinced of many of the Libertarian goals. The problem is that the Libertarians are a bunch of Kooks

I believe in Public Education, and Private health care.

I am a religious Mormon, which drives my ideology, but I will try not to beat you over the head with it. Just as Martin Luther King was driven by his beliefs, I feel that religious motivation should be allowed in the public forum, but I don't believe that my religious affiliation gives me any divine right to win arguments (it is my stunning prose that does that).

I am many things to many people, but mostly in my imagination. I have done several things that you don't care about, and a couple of things that you would find offensive, but at least one thing that you would all be proud of.

Also, I type porly.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alvin
Member # 168

- posted      Profile for Alvin   Email Alvin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I’m Alvin. I’m a recently, April 14, turned 40 y/o husband of 18 years and father of three.

I’ve been posting here in spurts since November of 2000 or so.

I am from the suburbs of New Orleans, (NAWLIN’S) and a product of 12 years of fine Christian Brothers Catholic education.

I have far less education than most of the older folks here, As I failed out of or withdrew from three different Universities Tulane, LSU and UNO before I reached 20.J A side benefit of living in close proximity to the French Quarter I am sure.

I have been a laborer, construction worker, suit salesman, grocer, commercial fisherman,I spent 12 years in the navy as a sailor, janitor, Electronics Technician, Nuclear Engineer, Teacher of Nuclear Physics, Reactor Design , Materials Sciences, Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Electronics controls systems design. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend the majority of my time as an engineer doing RD first on the Nuclear side. Now I work for an equipment company doing RD at IBM’s TJ Watson Laboratory and the Semiconductor Research and Development Center labs in NY where I spend most of my time as an overpaid pot scrubber.

I am a Vet of the First Gulf War CGN 37 USS South Carolina, Saratoga Battle group.

I finally got around to graduating in 1995 with a B.Sc. in Political Science and Sociology from S.U.N.Y.

I spend most of my time raising my children, Krista 17, Shaun, 13 and Nicholas 11. I coach basketball and baseball and spend my free time trying to educate myself and volunteering.

I enjoy reading, all types of music, and sports. I like building things with my hands and working with people far more than technology, I work in my yard and I watch the deer and the turkey roam around.

I am religious, I detest labels of all types and I try and vote for good people.

Many of my positions are derived far more from empathy and feelings and based on observations of people rather than on fact, though when I have the time I try to substantiate or disprove my positions with research and facts. “sigh” Though it seems there is never enough time.

I don’t claim to know much more than right and wrong. I try and always stand up for what I believe and try to teach my children to do the same.

I always vote to ensure I have license to bitch and if you don’t vote please start.

If I had any clue where or how to start, and thought I could support my family, I’d love to write.

I am very passionate about my family, my opinions and my sports teams “sigh again” The Mets and the Saints.

My two favorite quotes kind of sum up where I come from and are

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them” – Mother Theresa

and

“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who won’t do anything about it” – Albert Einstein

Ornery is a great place to expand horizons and have great conversation, I hope it stays that way.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Traveler
Member # 640

- posted      Profile for The Traveler   Email The Traveler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not really from anywhere around here. I am a visitor on temporary assignment. I am employed in the automation and robotics industry in order to obtain necessary currency. I read from this forum mostly to gather information and do research. From time to time I may post to ask some question in attempt to understand certain posters.

I have interest in Politics and Religion. I am interested why so many people that are so ill informed seem to be the most intense oppinions in these subjects. It would appear that the better informed the more open to other opinions posters are. This is a rather long thread and I do not plan to read many post on this thread. My time for internet is limited. I wish all well

The Traveler

Posts: 101 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I'm John L. Myers IV from Houston, Texas (League City to be exact). I'm 35 and I've been married 15 years to my beautiful wife Stacy. I have two sons, John V (13), and Jacob Ryan (10) (John of course is named after me and Jake after John Wayne's "Big Jake" & Nolan Ryan). They both are honor students and John is in the gifted and talented program. Also, they both are all-star baseball players. They say “yes sir” and “no sir” and “I love you, Dad” although John doesn’t like to say it in front of his friends anymore. We’re the kind of family that says “I love you” when we leave the room. I’m very proud of them and they are my reason for living.

I played football in college and pro-softball for about 12 years after that (I missed being on a team). (In pro-softball they pay you thousands of dollars and fly you around the country. It's crazy, but who am I to argue.)

I hate to work out, but I do it to stay in shape and to play ball.

I've been a Sales Engineer for 12 years and I'm the Business Development Manager for the Southern Region.

I'm an atheist, who has been accused of being left wing, although I'm very patriotic and support the president and the recent war.

I read a lot. OSC is my favorite, WEB Griffin, Grisham, and Heinlein are also great. I write, I'm about two-thirds through with my novel "Justifiable Murder" (police book, my dad was a police officer for 25 years, and they say you write what you know.) and I have several short sci-fi stories that I will be entering in the Phobos and L. Ron Hubbard contests.

Astros, Texans, and Rockets. Craig Biggio is God.

Knight Ender
(You can see me on my profile here.)

AnotherSeeker
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for AnotherSeeker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ye olde cut-n-paste

Hi All -
Western Washingtonian myself. Olympia.

Shannon. 34. Mother of 1, Nathan - age 9. One cat, Pepper and one gold fish, Raisin. BA in Community Sevices (Social Work) with my emphasis in history and political science from St. Martin's. That said - I am here to learn. There's always more to learn.

I work in government doing a lot of technical writing, research, contract management, etc. I currently work in the comprehensive early childhood education program which serves low income children and families. Prior to that I worked in the victim advocacy field.

I volunteer a lot in my community - focusing on issues that directly affect children and families. I enjoy hiking, working in my yard, singing in church choir (we just did Faure's Requiem for Good Friday), reading, writing, making music (jill of many instruments) -

I tend to have pretty passionate feelings and vehement thoughts about things that I care about and appreciate the "encouragement" to go a bit deeper.

Nice to meet you all -

Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kamisaki
Member # 917

- posted      Profile for Kamisaki   Email Kamisaki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faure's Requiem, huh?
I just performed that piece in concert with the University choir I sing in. Great stuff. I haven't done much else of the old stuff in Latin, but Faure sure knew how to write harmonies.

Posts: 585 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nemes_ie
Member # 804

- posted      Profile for nemes_ie   Email nemes_ie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30, Irish, living in Cork in Ireland (currently- should be living in Australia in 6-7 months!) Single, attached. No particular political views, the nearest thing would be a right-anarchist. Tend to vote Green, but that's in the political climate over here, which is different to the US, as far as I can tell.

Favourite authors are OSC and Dan Simmons at the moment. Also a big fan of Robert Anton Wilson, although losing interest slowly.

Work as a Civil Engineer for local government area. Terribly tedious, but a state job for life (inefficient and bureaucratic, but if there's a state job available, I want one!).

Interested in science, physics, philosophy and buddhism at the moment, althoug these tend to change as I read up on a subject and move on...

gs

Posts: 312 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SwampJedi
Member # 915

- posted      Profile for SwampJedi   Email SwampJedi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Jeremy, a (soon to be) senior at Emory University. Emory is also know as the Anti-Intellectual Liberal HQ of the South. I'm conservative and Christian (though not Mormon), so I feel like I'm a spy in enemy territory. I'm majoring in Computer Science and Sociology, with a minor in Mathematics.

I've been reading here for over a year, ever since I finished OSC's Ender books. I post very rarely, as I don't want to jump into a debate until I have a strong position.

I have had my opinion changed by some of the things that I have read here. I was anti-war, but I have seen the light . Furthermore, my views on taxation (which were liberal) are now more in line with what jm0397 had to say. In other words, my ideas are not immutable.

I tend to vote Republican, but that isn't set in stone.

I like to read.. voraciously. Right now, I enjoy Science Fiction, social commentary, and philosophy (which is why the Ender books appealed to me).

Posts: 91 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*evil laugh*
One minion down, 10 million to go for world domination!

I will start by outlawing light beer and mullets - not retroactive, of course, or I'll have to destroy all my high school pictures.

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Craig Biggo?
Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a big baseball fan and I think the name is spelled wrong but I think he is a baseball player and used to play for Houston.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baldar
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Baldar   Email Baldar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. As far as Houston is concerned, my son now has my Earl Campbell poster.
Posts: 3834 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zyne: Female, 29, Houston (inner-looper 'cause, you know, outside the loop ain't Houston its Someplace Else), left-libertarian, tend to vote green or dem if there's no reasonable libertarian around, informally married (formal marriage next fall), no kids (yet), 2 cats, 2 dogs, used to have a bird but cat 2 got it, five colleges in three states = three degrees (and I'm coveting a 4th), musician in former life, writer or errant professor in next life, let's call it financial-type planner in this life, atheist, blonde, Bulgakov is writer de jure, coolest place I've ever lived = Bend, Oregon, uncoolest place I've ever lived = Looserville, Texas, my real name is classified, coolest job I've ever had = this one, suckiest job I've ever had = packaging freakin' granola in a 110 degree warehouse with no ventilation until the end of time (felt like that), I love a good Shiraz and mostly like cheap wine, too, I think that Minute Maid park sounds stoopid but it rocks anyway.
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorgon_Head
unregistered

I am a 38 year old attorney living in Redding, California. I attended Sacramento State for my BA and went to UW Law. I work mainly with federal copyright and California tort law.

I am married and have 2 children, both are in high school. I love to hunt and fish, and I love to get some of my catches done up and hung on my wall. I have to say Moose hunting in the Tanana Valley of Alaska is my favorite.

For political leanings I lean somewhat liberal on social issues(I know it conflicts with my job somewhat) and tend to be fiscally conservative.

I try to have accurate spelling, and as my wife used to be an English teacher before she became a pharmacist I hope I do alright.

MooseGirl
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for MooseGirl   Email MooseGirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Female, 33 years old, Earth.

Hobbies: being a pain in the groin, traveling (favs: Scotland & Canada), music, writing, enjoying a good time with my friends&family, learning new languages (speaking them is a very different matter), developing concepts, organizing things

Job: public servant

Motto: "For, 'unheard of' means only it's undreamt of yet, 'impossible' means not yet done." (Julia Ecklar, "Ladyhawk")

MooseGirl
(who's back at work but still without home PC... catching up on the threads I missed.)

Posts: 402 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinMan
Member # 960

- posted      Profile for TinMan   Email TinMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
34 year-old SWM Texan. First career and degree: Architect. Failed =/ Second career and degree: Computer Science. Stalled, moving towards failure. Third career? unknown =)

Political and religeous leanings: All over the place. Mostly Republicans, because they at least HAVE a sense of morality, even though mostly misguided. I'd call myself a Buddhist, since the teachings and general philosophy I almost wholeheartedly agree with, but that would be like the smoking drinker who goes to tittie bars far more often than Church calling himself a Christian. I agree with the philosophy, but it's too damn hard to practice it all=).

Growing up. I can officially count myself as poor white trash. I spent at least part of my childhood growing up in a Texas trailer park with my dad. Retired AF Vietnam Vet. Parents divorced when I was 3. Mom did the best she could with what she knew and where we were. The rest of my family is mostly a similar mess, with a few sucess stories smattered in between.

The one thing I have found is that I do seem to have a rather unusual perspective on life. I like to feel it comes from my ability to analyze all sides of an issue. I like to feel that way, so please don't disabuse me of that notion =)

Favorite authors: Sorry OSC, but Asimov is still my #1. You'll almost always certainly be #2 though =)

Tod Tinlin
Software Engineer

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherSeeker
Member # 951

Faure did write some incredible harmonies, to be sure, Kamasaki. We received a lot of good feedback from folks, which was nice. But mostly it was just fun to sing in choir again. I'd taken a three year break.

Back in my earlier university days we performed Mozart's Requiem with the Buffalo Philharmonic and THAT was intense.

Latin seems to aid the tonal quality of vocalists (when pronounced correctly) - a much more full sound.

Denelian
Member # 531

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

there is ANOTHER PERSON HERE FROM REDDING!!!!

and he's a gorgon (which means he;s really a megorgon, if you play D&D...)

is it already 95 there??? (its like 55 here

Gorgon_Head
unregistered

It's actually about 48 degrees here. Kind of chilly. You're from Redding?
Denelian
Member # 531

yepyepyep - i even sent you an email about it

i went to Enterprise HS and all <G>

Redskullvw
Member # 188

BUMP
twinky
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never did properly introduce myself, since I mostly lurk.

22-year-old chemical engineering student. Canadian. Going to school in Ontario, but originally from Nova Scotia. Enrolled in a co-op program that alternates four month school terms with four month work terms; I'm currently working for an oil company.

I love reading and music, and I love writing both prose and music. I also enjoy a variety of sports and games, as well as karate...

Posts: 166 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  30  31  32   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page