Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Michelle Malkin OutCoulters Coulter (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Michelle Malkin OutCoulters Coulter
David Ricardo
Member # 1678

- posted      Profile for David Ricardo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michelle Malkin posts divorce documents regarding Cindy Sheehan as an attempt to smear the new idol/martyr of the pacifistic left:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003250.htm

Class, pure class. First, a disclaimer:

Cindy Sheehan’s grandstanding is a very twisted and warped version of the world that only a small fraction of reasonable people (the pacifistic left) recognize, and I fully endorse ridiculing and criticizing those wild statements as outrageous propaganda (which it is). In addition, it is rather despicable and pathetic to see the "anti-war hippie" groups that have conveniently and opportunistically seized upon the tragic death of a brave young man in Iraq and the grief of his mother to launch a media circus in the lazy month of August.

Now to my main point:

Michelle Malkin is a sewer-crawling b**ch for publicly dragging Cindy Sheehan's personal life with her husband and her familyi into the public square, just so Malkin can air Cindy Sheehan's dirty laundry to the world. This is utterly disgusting and should not be tolerated by anyone with any sense of taste or class or shame. This woman's rocky marital standing and her personal relationship with her spouse is no one's business.

And if the Sheehans' potential divorce makes any point at all, it is this -- war sucks, and sometimes war can rip apart families when loved are placed into the hell that is war (there is no coincidence that divorce, domestic abuse, drug/alcohol abuse, depression, and suicide are rampant among veterans who return from war...whether it be Vietnam, Korea, or Iraq).

And top that off, she is an utter hypocrite to boot. Observe what Malkin once posted about journalists checking out Judge John Roberts' adoption records:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003184.htm

Or observe what Malkin once, not so long ago, said about liberals who brought up Cheney's lesbian daughter as part of political discussion:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000665.htm

quote:
John Kerry stooped to the lowest of the low with the shameless, invasive line that will be played over and over again on the news in the next 24 hours:

quote:
And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as.
Um, has John Kerry talked to Dick Cheney's daughter? Has John Edwards? Has Mary Beth Cahill, who called Mary Cheney "fair game" on Fox News Channel after tonight's debate? If they haven't talked to her, they should shut up, leave her alone, and defend their incoherent position on gay marriage without hiding behind the vice president's daughter.

[ August 15, 2005, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: David Ricardo ]

Posts: 1429 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love Malkin's "primary" source on this:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_2940382

*shudder* Who wrote that snippet? A grade schooler?

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 2212

- posted      Profile for Dagonee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way it would be relevant is if the divorce is over the protest. Since she's claimed her immediate family supports her, a divorce caused by her protest would go to her credibility.

These documents give us no information on that point. And without that connection, Malkin appears to be acting wildly inconsistent.

Posts: 2061 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been a fan of Michelle Malkin. She has written some pretty out there essays, and taken some positions that I find offensive.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Who wrote that snippet? A grade schooler?
Gads. Indeed. And how is that a *primary* source?

I find it hard to read this as anything other than mean-spirited opportunism on Malkin's part. The whole thing diminishes her credibility terribly, or should, to those who thought she had some.

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Michelle Malkin is a sewer-crawling b**ch for publicly dragging Cindy Sheehan's personal life with her husband and her familyi into the public square, just so Malkin can air Cindy Sheehan's dirty laundry to the world.
Though I try to avoid eveen implied profanities here on Ornery, this may be the only way to put it. Shame on Malkin and everyone else trying to smear this woman. If you don't agree with Sheehan, ignore her and stop worrying about whether the rest of us do.
Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuck.

And by the way - I have my reservations about Sheehan, but Sheehan at her most confused is preferrable to the malkin c#nt at her least offensive.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Malkin is just highlighting what others like Drudge and Smoking Gun have shown- the divide that Sheehan's behaviour is placing in her family. She chose to be a public figure and have her life (and sorrow) pulled out, analysed, and publicized.

How it's published is another matter. Michelle Malken is too out there in her comments on this. There are times that Malkin is far out there (near-Coulterish), and Coulter is just downright scary most of the time (other times very funny with her sarcastic wit). So if there was a choice between the two - and allow me a full on guy moment here - I would have to go for Malkin. She's MUCH prettier [Big Grin]

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a trashy move. Why do people continue to listen to people like her?
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conservatives are hotties.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if you discount Liberal entertainers. [Smile]
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbara Streisand makes you drool, huh?
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It worked for Mandy Patinkin and he thought she was a DUDE!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm.
Mandy Patinkin...

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barbara was kinda cute when she was younger, although her nails were always way too long.

I was thinking more along the lines of Janeane Garofalo. She's good looking in a rough way. Remember "The Truth About Cats and Dogs?"

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clay Pigeons
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeane Garofalo is the perfect example of a beautiful women going out of her way to hide, disguise and run away from her natural good looks...maybe it's for the sake of her comedy persona - but based on her political views, I would guess she is one of those feminist minded chicks (derogatory, sexist reference used on purpose... [Razz] ) who purposely dresses down and avoids primping at all costs so that she can think of herself as above the conventional norms of society and be judged for her intellect instead of her appearance.
Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's possible that Janeane Garofalo doesn't realize she is pretty.

[ August 16, 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: javelin ]

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

Or maybe she just likes to dress that way. [Big Grin]
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno - I dress down and avoid primping at all costs because I like to be comfy and loathe combing my hair and putting yucky chemicals all over my body (and because I like the way I look just fine).

I think Janeane Garofalo is kinda hot. I think she would be less hot if she "primped" more.

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, lord, I HATE to comb my hair! So of course I keep it ridiculously long and scrape it back into a series of buns.

I like secretly gorgeous women. Janeane Garofalo is a fine example.

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Ops..you are not a media celebrity in Showbiz. Highlighting your looks most likeley would not significantly benefit your career or income.

It's one thing for a comedienne who is fat or basically unattractive to not bother, quite another for someone like her. I think Janeane could actually put on a dress, some contacts and some makeup and actually be on the cover of Cosmo if she wanted. She seems to be consciously avoiding any highlighting of her natural looks...despite the fact that doing so would no doubt enhance her career immensely.

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

I am longing my hair right now, after years of keeping it two inches long so as to look like a dandelion.

I keep mine in nubs, usually. (like buns, you know, but the other way)

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, Daruma, do you spend more time on your appearance, and use more grooming products, than Janeane Garofalo? As much? Nearly as much? Why do you think that is?

My wife uses little to no makeup and I LOVE that about her. She's more than fine as it is.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

quote:
"I think Janeane Garofalo is kinda hot. I think she would be less hot if she "primped" more."
Yuck. I don't think that enough women take care of their looks properly, which is a shame. I won't go to work without makeup, styling my hair, a nice pair of heels, and my pearls. Even if I feel like crap on a given day, I'll still go through the routine.
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

Well, maybe Ms Garofalo doesn't want her career to go the direction it would go if she did those things.

Or maybe she wouldn't mind, but that is not a sacrifice she is willing to make (I empathize with that).

And Daruma, you might be surprised at the extent to which looking "better" can/will benefit a girl's career or income.

Daruma28
Member # 1388

quote:
Originally posted by RickyB:
Yo, Daruma, do you spend more time on your appearance, and use more grooming products, than Janeane Garofalo? As much? Nearly as much? Why do you think that is?

My wife uses little to no makeup and I LOVE that about her. She's more than fine as it is.

LOL. Not at all. I brush my hair when I get out of the shower, and that's it. I abhor any kind of grooming products like hair gel/spray, etc. In fact, I'm of the same mindset as OT in terms of putting chemicals on my body (Of course, I am pretty fastidious in terms of personal hygiene, but thats different from primping and grooming).

But then, I'm not in showbiz, where your appearance has an enormous impact on your career and income.

Funean
Member # 2345

I am incapable of taking a person seriously who has clearly spent more than 30 minutes getting ready for work in the morning. And I say this as a person who is forced, with annoying regularity, to go to work on some days in full drag.
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

quote:
I won't go to work without makeup, styling my hair, a nice pair of heels, and my pearls. Even if I feel like crap on a given day, I'll still go through the routine.
I cannot make myself believe that you are joking.

Uck.

All I can say is (and I mean no offense), I'm glad I'm not you.

Daruma28
Member # 1388

quote:
Originally posted by OpsanusTau:

And Daruma, you might be surprised at the extent to which looking "better" can/will benefit a girl's career or income.

I'm perfectly aware of that...I'm just pointing out that it obviously is not that huge of an impact for say your own career (otherwise you would probably have a little bit different attitude about the issue) versus a showbiz career. I did use the term "signifcant" right?

[ August 16, 2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Daruma28 ]

FIJC
unregistered

quote:
"I cannot make myself believe that you are joking.

Uck.

All I can say is (and I mean no offense), I'm glad I'm not you."

That's cool. I don't mind going through the routine and would be annoyed with myself if I didn't. When I was a kid, my parents sent me good grooming classes and other assorted Emily Post type classes, lol. I don't even own a single pair of jeans.
Everard
unregistered

" I don't even own a single pair of jeans."

Then, truly, you are not alive. EVERYONE needs a good pair of jeans, if for no other reason then they are perfect for a) going berry picking in b) horse riding in c) stomping in puddles in.

Quaestor
Member # 2553

- posted      Profile for Quaestor   Email Quaestor       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a difference in women "not properly taking care of their looks" and just not wearing stuff (getting 'dolled up'). The first denotes a slob without regard to herself, and the other is just someone who doesn't feel the need to get "dolled up" everytime to go the store.

Personally, I love a woman that takes care of herself and her appearance. I know a couple of women that say, "well once I have a kid that's it. I'll just let myself go." So sorry - not for me. At the same time, I sure don't want the other extreme - June Cleaver. Give me a woman that doesn't mind having fun and sweating a bit, but also wants to look nice for herself and her man.

Edited to add: Jeans! You MUST own at least one pair of really-broken-into, just-oh-so-comfortable jeans. Pray tell - what DID you wear when you went horseback riding??

[ August 16, 2005, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Quaestor ]

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

<struggles with an urge to send FIJC "loosening up" classes>

Much as I respect your right to self-determination and definition, my mind boggles at "no jeans."

I was actually reared Southrun, wore gloves to church on Sunday, and all of it, but there's a time and a place for that, and a time and a place for JEANS.

Everard
unregistered

I think women look great all dolled up, and I definetely drool over women who primp themselves up. But, I think going for a romp in the hay with a woman is extremely sexy. So if she can't pull off both the "girly girl" and the "tom boy" look, I'm not likely to be too attracted to her.

By the same token, I wouldn't respect a woman who doesn't want me both when I'm wearing tails, and when I'm wearing jeans and flannel.

Daruma28
Member # 1388

lol - talk about WAAAAAYYYYY Off on a tangent here....how did a thread about Michelle Malkin turn into this? LMAO

Cool.

Funean
Member # 2345

Kent started it!
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Then, truly, you are not alive. EVERYONE needs a good pair of jeans, if for no other reason then they are perfect for a) going berry picking in b) horse riding in c) stomping in puddles in.

I don't own any jeans, either.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Wow. *shakes head in sadness*
Daruma28
Member # 1388

heh. One of the big reasons why I love my job is the fact that I'm allowed to wear Jeans every day to work instead of the standard dress slacks worn by most white collar workers in my field....
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page