Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The Dead Rise...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dead Rise...
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In commemoration of the zombification of several threads as of late, I began to think...

are YOU prepared for the inevitable rise of the dead? For in this day and age, Hell must be getting pretty close to filling up. And we all know what that means...

So. Let's talk stratagy here. What do you plan to do? and how about we network a sort of Ornery Zombie Assault Defense and Rescue Leauge? (OrZARD for short)

Required reading includes the Zombie Survival Guide.

So, to summerize: What will YOU do when the dead rise?

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So, to summerize: What will YOU do when the dead rise?
1. Kill anything between you and car.
2. Get to Gun Shop.
3. Guns. Lots of guns.
4. Ammuntion.
5. More ammuntion.
6. Get to a grocery store.
7. Block off all entrances.
8. Get as much water as possible before it becomes contaminated. (I live in Southern California, it doesn't rain here.)
s = 0
9. Get on the roof and fire away. s = s + 1 month
10. Goto Step 9 unless s = 4 months
11. Emerge from store and secure more needed items. Start clearing surrounding area.

[ October 30, 2005, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Tezcatlipoca ]

Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep my sons away from the dinosaur museum ...
Posts: 36656 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a quick road trip and help my loved ones out of their coffins.
Posts: 36656 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
depends what kind of zombies were talkin about here? if they're shufflers i would just let the national guard sort it out.

if the national guard was dead, i'd hide out somewhere, hugging my sword and, or axe. sure guns make a pretty noise but if your not a good shot you'll be outa ammo real quick. i have a much higher chance of planting metal in a zombie brain with a sword or axe.

if thier not shufflers i'll have to rely on my luck, or hope they cant climb or use tools.

if they can use tools or ranged weapons, were all screwed.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonr
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for jasonr   Email jasonr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, well I'm screwed. Not exactly a ton of gun shops here in down town Toronto. And I wouldn't even know which was up. I'd probably end up shooting myself accidentally, which I suppose beats being devoured by a horde of zombies.

Fortunately, my pantry is stocked with about 20 LBS of Valhrona and Callebaut chocolate. I've also got 6 LBS of cocoa powder. I guess I'd have to live on chocolate. I guess there are worse fates [Smile]

Posts: 7123 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, if you live on chocolate for more than a couple days, elimination of waste becomes....uncomfortable.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Starkiller
Member # 2444

- posted      Profile for Lady Starkiller   Email Lady Starkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lock myself in my basement with lots of soup, my camp stove, my sword, and my spear.

Let me at 'em!

Posts: 434 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am already surrounded by zombies. Send help.
Posts: 7590 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
potemkyn
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41676

I'd avoid Pittsburgh, that's for sure. A recent study points out they are unprepared for a full-scale zombie attack.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonr
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for jasonr   Email jasonr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Children need to be taught from preschool that they might have to put a bullet between the eyes of their own undead mother
Sounds sensible to me.
Posts: 7123 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bradford
Member # 733

- posted      Profile for Bradford   Email Bradford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few sites I have stumbled on that talk about this sort of thing pretty extensively. They are

www.tacticalunderground.us
www.allthingszombie.com
www.zombiesquad.net

Its actually pretty interesting to see this sort of end of the world community develop over zombies, something normally associated with apoclyptic religions but these all seem very secular and survivalist in nature. Check them out fascinating at best a laugh at worst.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straight to Walmart.

It's close. Has guns, food, and anything else I'll need. Although it would be good to have access to an armory. Machine guns and grenades would be nice, but zombies move slow.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too late. They've already risen. In fact, not only has the dead risen, they've even voted in the Detroit Mayoral, city council and school board elections....
Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Daruma. They also voted for Gregoire in the WAshington elections last year...

Anyway. The problem with stores such as Wal-Mart is that every OTHER survivalist will go there! So, instead... perhaps it's better to have a rural fortress prepared ahead of time.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidzmom
Member # 2015

- posted      Profile for kidzmom   Email kidzmom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Hearne (the closest town to me, geographically) has an amazing record of "zombie voters"...their politics are...astounding...
It also has the distinction of being the town with the 2nd WalMart to ever be shut down by the corporation. Seems they were losing something in excess of $40K/monthly to shoplifting & employee fraud, then the store manager and a couple of his buddies got caught unloading a delivery truck straight into their own U-Haul one night. Kind of sealed their fate. [Eek!]

*safe from my rural fortress* [Big Grin]

Posts: 490 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOZEMAN, MT - End of World Cmpd, Used for 2 months in 1999/2000. Own sewer & water. No elec. 300 MREs, svrl semi-auto firearms incl. Perfect for dfnse from mobs & zombies. Call 451-666-3000, daytime only.
Posts: 7590 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page