Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Just when you thought it was safe...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe...
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirates!

Part of me (the inner child still fighting hard to get out) really wants to drop out of grad school and take up piracy...if only because these guys were so ineffective. I don't think they even had a proper flag [Smile]

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EvanWeeks
Member # 883

- posted      Profile for EvanWeeks   Email EvanWeeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or eyepatches, cannons, parrots (even dead ones nailed to perches), proper vocabulary or the all-important cutlasses!

These were no Pirates...

Posts: 198 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirates are not so much fun when they are killing and raping and plundering. I'm still not quite sure how they got romanticized. I guess the same way that mob figures are.

Yarg.

Posts: 7604 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aupton15
Member # 1771

- posted      Profile for aupton15   Email aupton15   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Link

Probably a better telling of the story here. I never would have considered a cruise off the coast of Somalia for a vacation anyway...I wonder what the draw is beyond the adventure on the high seas!?

Posts: 1445 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life Aquatic has some great Piracy
Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg that's hilarious.
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why couldn't they have timed this for "Talk like a Pirate" Day (sept. 19)?
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drake, or serial killers?

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, they were "fought off" by a sonic weapon... weirder and weirder...
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the sonic weapon make a "tick-tock" noise?
Posts: 7604 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently it's just a really loud smoke alarm.

quote:
Makers of the device compare its shrill tone to that of smoke detectors, only much louder.

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page