Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Not old enough to vote, but mayor anyways

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not old enough to vote, but mayor anyways
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4429192.stm

Slightly misleading topic. He wasn't old enough to vote for the deadline to file as a candidate.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about taking student government to the next level. Good for him. I hope he's up to the task.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this in the Times today. He won by two votes... let's see how this goes.

It reminds me of another race where a very young kid ran for a similar office (maybe it was mayor too) and a host of adults decided to sign up to run against him and make sure he didn't win. Only problem was, the adults split up the votes of the older population, so the kid won anyway. [Smile]

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he was a write in candidate too. Pretty impressive.
Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-_- Shoot.
He's MY age.

This is almost as humiliating as reading about Alexander the Great.

At this rate, I'll never have a chance at being President, with competition like this kid...

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another 18-year-old was elected mayor in some Pennsylvania town, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The Hillsdale kid wants to attend Hillsdale College and study political science, which likely translates to big right winger.

Michael Moore won a seat on his school board, in Davison, MI, as an 18-year-old, so presumably this dude will be making rightwing documentaries in roughly 24 years.

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Witless Chum said:
quote:
The Hillsdale kid wants to attend Hillsdale College and study political science, which likely translates to big right winger.
This is near me. I was talking to someone that lives slightly closer the other day - apparently the area is very conservative.

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page