Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » 19 Caught in 'Dateline NBC' Teen Net Sex Sting (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 19 Caught in 'Dateline NBC' Teen Net Sex Sting
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, we ARE as honest as richard in our beliefs. Richard has beliefs that are about as common in liberals as are the KKK's beliefs among conservatives.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Lew, honestly, ever had to wonder where I stand on a subject I've commented on? That may not be the case with all liberals, but you got to admit that some of us liberals here are pretty clear about where they stand.

KE

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason clearly argues my primary points better than I do.

Otherwise, we have political liberals who are sexual reactionaries, we have sexual conservaties who are bluenoses, and the we have the good guys: the libertarians who are sexual liberals.

At least the libertarians can state their terms, put their feet on the table, and fold their arms waiting for the rest of you to join the 21st century. Let's look at the big picture.

America shall not for long be dictating the terms of sexual engagement in this world. Indeed Christians won't be dictating the terms of sexual engagement in the world. It will be the Indians and the Chinese who, oddly, do not have our sexual mores or our precious age-of-consent fixation. Maybe that's why there's more of them than us.

These two countries alone are very close to making more money than we do. And that, gentlemen, is the bottom line on sex.

None of this is about 'child psychology' and I think I've demonstrated that none of this argument is religious or moralistic. The bottom line here is that you don't want boys having sex before they can afford to have sex -- and women don't want 'teenaged' 'young ladies' as competition.

If it is more complicated than that, do spell it out for me -- and you may skip the parts about religion, psychodrama, and romance, as these are adult problems and not teen problems unless they are.

And do spare the trauma of teen pregnancy when so many teenaged girls want to get pregnant, go on welfare, and get away from mums and daddums.

Has anybody defined sex yet? Are we really so prudish we can't define what kind of sex "teenagers" can have, when, and where? We seem to be able to deny it to them -- but can't define it? No wonder we have such rotten kids. We're feeding them garbage.

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lewkowski
Member # 2028

- posted      Profile for Lewkowski   Email Lewkowski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lew, honestly, ever had to wonder where I stand on a subject I've commented on? That may not be the case with all liberals, but you got to admit that some of us liberals here are pretty clear about where they stand."

Not all conservatives believe in fiscal responsibility either...

And to be fair most liberals don't support orginizations like NAMBLA. But a dangerous amount do. And with the current moral slippery slope we are on...

And even worse is that its incremental. Today same sex marriage stuff is coming up, 50 years ago... unheard of. Today talk of lighter sentences for people who do beastality. Today more sex is shown on TV, what 50+% of teens had oral sex.... theres a clear trend. Each generation is becoming more and more accepting. We aren't yet to the point of accepting child rapists, but its only a matter of time.

One day you'll wake up (if you live a very long time) and find yourself shocked that its now legal for boys to sleep with men. And you'll ask "How did it happen" and it will be because of the liberals.

Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Today talk of lighter sentences for people who do beastality
Whopdee doo. If you can rationally explain to me why I should care if someone has sex with their dog without invoking the bible, I'll be impressed. And don't bother with the public health or animal rights shpiel. Those are all just rationalizations and you know it. We all know the real reason why bestiality is illegal: it's gross. It's really really really gross.

As for men having sex with boys, there is no trend toward acceptance on that front. You're delusional Lew. NAMBLA is a joke. It's a reliable old punching bag for politicians of all stripes looking to score cheap political points without any risk of offending anyone. Pretty much the only thing anyone in this society (liberal or conservative) agrees on these days is that NAMBLA is evil, and pedophiles might as well be Nazis. There is no trend towards acceptance of either.

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about having sex with chickens, should that be ok?
Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sfallmann
Member # 2148

- posted      Profile for sfallmann   Email sfallmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by philnotfil:

How about horses?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002569751_horsesex19m.html

Posts: 396 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no spiel in the health issues, they are very real.

bird-person-person

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liberalization of bestiality law in Massachusetts goes hand-in-hand with common sense. One of the first things that Our Dear Old Pilgrim Fathers and Mothers did was to put Graunger to death -- a boy who had sex with several animals, all killed before his face before he himself was executed.

And YES I have contributed to the statue being raised to him. Monuments serve not to glorify anything -- but, rather, as warnings: if we don't produce heroes in times of crisis, we die. If we kill people for having sex with animals, then we really ought to massacre the butchers and become vegetarians -- which Americans already are in their heads.

These are religious tabus; these are animal-rights-activists' and public-health issues (thank you, Drake). They are not sensibly the business of the public otherwise.

FUGGING SHEEP? WEAR A CONDUM [Big Grin] !

Lew: Have you read the definition of 'child' that sesveral of us have agreed upon?

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how you determine if a sheep has given consent. "Baa" once for yes?

Speaking of which, what is the age-of-consent for a sheep?

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sfallmann
Member # 2148

- posted      Profile for sfallmann   Email sfallmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Drake:
I wonder how you determine if a sheep has given consent. "Baa" once for yes?

Speaking of which, what is the age-of-consent for a sheep?

How about a dead sheep? Is that ok too?
Posts: 396 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmh. This may get me jumped on, but I'm not against bestiality because it's gross, I'm against it because I see sentience in animals, if not necessarily rationality. And given that we don't have very good animal->human communication, I don't see how they can give (or even recognize a possibility to give) consent. Eat 'em for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Fine (I'm fond of a good steak). If it's done right, there's no mental harm to the creature, nothing worse than an end we'll all get to sooner or later. Have sex with 'em? I don't see much honor in that. I just see the use of another sentient, when a piece of plastic would probably fulfill the sexual need just fine.

Now, this line of thought is not going to convince anyone who does not see sentience in animals. No big deal. I do, however, think it's important that it be recognized as a reason offered sincerely, not as a rationalization for brainstem-disgust.

Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewmie
Member # 1179

- posted      Profile for drewmie   Email drewmie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I really hope Richard is kidding about that statue. A hero? For boning animals? And being wrongly killed or punished doesn't make someone a hero either. Seems to me the story is about dogmatic people who don't care for their fellowman, and a very sick boy. No hero in that story.

Is there really a statue going up? I'll have to email The Daily Show on that one. Those jokes just write themselves.

[ November 17, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: drewmie ]

Posts: 3702 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

I am also against the human-animal sex because we don't need a bunch of minotaurs and centaurs running around.
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drewmie:
Boy, I really hope Richard is kidding about that statue. A hero? For boning animals? And being wrongly killed or punished doesn't make someone a hero either. Seems to me the story is about dogmatic people who don't care for their fellowman, and a very sick boy. No hero in that story.

Is there really a statue going up? I'll have to email The Daily Show on that one. Those jokes just write themselves.

Might want to reread his post - Richard considers it a warning, not a glorification.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am also against the human-animal sex because we don't need a bunch of minotaurs and centaurs running around.

Minotaurs are scary.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chael
Member # 2436

- posted      Profile for Chael   Email Chael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

*laughs* Wise of ye. Those minotaurs and centaurs can be pretty dangerous. Bloodthirsty, too.
Posts: 872 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

And that goes for the piscophiles as well. Mermaids are a direct result of lonely sailors.
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I wonder if there is some kind of issue in using a sheepskin condom, other than permeability, with a sheep...quick, where's Leviticus?
Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

[Big Grin]

Actually, I'm told that the sheep like it -- and follow the sheepfuggers around for more [Wink] .

But then, we've defined "age" (as revolutions of the sun), but it's hard to tell since we can't define "sex", not even for scientific purposes !!!

I wonder if anybody can define "consent". Then, of course, comes the hardest one: "of" [Big Grin]

A. Alzabo
Member # 1197

- posted      Profile for A. Alzabo   Email A. Alzabo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
philnotfil:

quote:
Only for teaching people about the joy of reading.
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Thanks for the expertise, Alzabo [Big Grin] .
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

3. Hormonal instability. Teens are already very volatile, which further hampers their ability to enter into consensual anything on top of their lack of experience.

Everyone passed up a perfectly good opportunity to make a sexist comment about PMS? [Smile]

LetterRip

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

The trick with sheep is to get them facing the edge of a cliff, that way they push back. [Wink]

KE

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

"3. Hormonal instability. Teens are already very volatile, which further hampers their ability to enter into consensual anything on top of their lack of experience."

I'll bite, LetterRip [Wink] .

Women have a monthly problem, but men have a daily problem: menstruation and morning erections }?{. Women are subject to the moon, men to the sun.

The underlying assumptions here may have been that (a) homonal instability is a bad thing, and that (b) males must pay for sex to compensate for the greater female risks of sex.

You know where I stand on those matters [Big Grin] .

If women don't want to give birth in trees, they have to make sacrifices.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page