Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Ohio vote tampering in '05 election?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ohio vote tampering in '05 election?
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These results seem impossible.

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2005/1559

Seems like something needs to be done about voting in this country or else we may never have another "real" election.

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like how in Iraq everyone has blue fingers after they vote. Seems like a good idea to me. (Two by two, hands of blue.)

Yes, I know that with electronic machines this doesn't inhibit tampering.

[ December 14, 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn the alliance! Browncoats forever!
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seek your answers here, my son
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent little time on any of the Ohio initiatives except the one on gerrymandering. As I read them in the booth, none sounded good or compelling, nor do I remember them as this conspiracy theorist describes them. Thus I voted no to all of them (including the gerrymandering one, it was not understandable).

As I never saw a mail in poll, I was not represented on the "no" list.

How about an easier conspiracy then the "Christian Right" (booga booga) somehow tampering with my PAPER vote in the millions. Could organized labor and the Dispatch send the poll questions to their selected folks to try to create a groundswell?

Part of this comes to psychology. "Smart" people believe that Bush is (add expletive here). There are many smart people. Anyone who doesn't believe (expletive) must be dumb. There aren't that many dumb people. Ergo, if Bush wins, it must be cheating. Add any other "obvious" thing that needs to be supported and you have people who would rather deny the process then come to grips with the fact that "their" project isn't popular.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There aren't that many dumb people.
Anybody that believes that should take a field trip to the DMV. They will be quicky disabused of that notion. [Smile]
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haggis -

DVM is a special situation. It tends to bring out the best in people [Smile]

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonylovern
Member # 2580

- posted      Profile for tonylovern   Email tonylovern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
then work in a factory, the dumb people make up about 65 percent of the population where i live.
Posts: 1045 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lewkowski
Member # 2028

- posted      Profile for Lewkowski   Email Lewkowski       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are as many dumb people as there are smart people. And there are more average people then anything else. Its impossible to claim that there are more dumb people then smart people because those are just ad hoc names for people in certain intelligence ranges.
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are labels to mean "how much do you agree with me"?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I like how in Iraq everyone has blue fingers after they vote. Seems like a good idea to me.
Seconded. Quickly eliminates the vote early, vote often idea! Might even help end the discussion/whining on requiring an ID to vote.
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page