Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Sexiest Woman? Sexiest Man? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sexiest Woman? Sexiest Man?
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a little low brow for us deep thinkers, but I just watched the commercial for a sequal to a bad movie and I couldn't help thinking;

Kate Beckinsdale is the sexiest woman alive.

Anybody disagree? Women can name men, though I would prefer they name woman too. [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's up there.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 2699

- posted      Profile for Eric   Email Eric       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd agree that Kate Beckinsale is one of those few who possesses both great beauty and sex appeal (I'm a firm believer that there's a difference between the two), but sexiest?

I'll have to get back to you on this. I see much grueling research ahead. [Smile]

Posts: 448 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Connely by far. The Rocketeer and The Hot Spot.

Phoebe Cates in her day.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 2699

- posted      Profile for Eric   Email Eric       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...If we're going back into "recent" history, I'd vote Ellen Barkin a 10+ on the sexiness scale.
Posts: 448 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane Bovine
Member # 2528

- posted      Profile for Insane Bovine   Email Insane Bovine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Petra Nemcova indubitably.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Eric, I totally agree with you that the two can be seperate. For instance Jennie Garth, Nicole Kidman, and Jennifer Aniston are beautiful, but not really sexy. On the other hand, women like Paris Hilton, Tara Reid, Carmen Electra, and Pamela Anderson are sexy, but while pretty and sexy, not beautiful. Then there are women like Kate Beckinsdale, Brooke Burke, and Angelina Jolie, that have it all.

KE

KnightEnder
unregistered

Petra? Is that the new tennis star?

And Jennifer Connely in that movie "Opportunity Knocks" with Frank Whalley when she was skating around the Target, yumm! But still not in Kate's league. Close, but half a notch below.

Ellen Barkin? You must like women that take control. She looks like she'd throw you down and **** your brains out. And she was hot in Buckaroo Banzaii. But if we are talking old school I vote Natalie Wood.

Phoebe coming out of the pool in "Fastimes at Ridgemont High" classic. One of the sexiest scenes ever.

KE

[ January 17, 2006, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

Eric
Member # 2699

Oh damn...you had to bring up Brooke Burke. She was the whole reason I started watching that "Rock Star INXS" show last year.

Now she has got it goin' on.

Eric
Member # 2699

New tennis star: I think you might be thinking of Maria Sharapova. Petra Nemcova is a model, I think.

I never saw Buckaroo Banazai, but I got hooked on Ellen in Sea of Love. She can throw me down and do whatever she wants. OTOH, I haven't seen her in anything lately so I have no idea what she looks like these days.

WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. There are so many women who are beautiful; the world has become a little more apt at finding, airbushing, and distributing them to the world. It's gotten to the point that I look more for character and the right attitude in a girl before I decide whether she's attractive.

The vapid ones just piss me off. Can't believe someone even mentioned Paris Hilton -- she strikes me as singularly unattractive. Her face, particularly. Un-sexy. Thumbs down. Nyet. Nein. No.

Oh, and her dog. Damn thing looks like it's always freezing. Her previous dog, which I own now -- another matter entirely.

[ January 17, 2006, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: WarrsawPact ]

Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

Attitude, personality, beliefs, etc., usually make a guy more attractive to me. I like quirky guys, kind of similar to Dr. House, but not quite so jerky. On the other hand, those strong silent types are also attractive. I think that personality goes a looong way with women, in general. For example, I used to work for a retired Marine colonel, who was self-assured, totally squared-away, and yet one of the kindest and most sincere people ever. The man was 60 years old and women of all age groups still used to go on and on about him. Oh, and he was happily married and completely faithful to his wife...I think women find that very attractive.

[ January 17, 2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: FIJC ]

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't rate the sexiest woman alive, I haven't seen them all.

As far as the fabricated image thing...I pretty much stopped believing what I saw when Cosmo trimmed down Cindy Crawfords thigh by 33% on a cover.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Jesse did you see that Cosmo that Jamie Lee Curtis did showing her without the airbrushing, makeup, lightening, etc.? I thought it was great and very brave of her. Of course nobody is as perfect as Haley Berry looks on screen, but that doesn't mean we have to stop admiring their beauty.

FIJC, I've been faithful to my wife for 17 years, so if that does anything for you, give me a call... [Wink]

KE

Eric
Member # 2699

quote:
I've been faithful to my wife for 17 years, so if that does anything for you, give me a call...
That is by far the funniest thing I've read here!

*bowing down in homage to KE*

Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick Dempsey's come to the front of late.

I've always had an iggling for Reese Witherspoon.

Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys you take it all wrong

its Luisana Lopilato who is the sexiest woman alive

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoshuaD
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for JoshuaD   Email JoshuaD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Depp is clearly the sexiest man.

Woman? Angelina Jolie is probably my #1 pick.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koner
Member # 1390

- posted      Profile for Koner   Email Koner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really go for those very petite women but Audrey Hepburn has always been at the very top of my list of sexy women. Grace, beauty, class and intelligence. The woman simply had it all.

I agree that beauty and sexy are two seperate things. I find Trisha Yearwood, Jennifer Tilly and Pam Tillis to be very sexy women but I'm not sure that I would consider any of them to be "beautiful". I find the current batch of "it girls" (Paris Hilton, Tara Reid, Lindsey Lohan, Chistina Aguilera, Britney Spears etc.) to be disgusting and cheap. There is nothing beautiful or sexy about any of them. My recommendation to them would be to eat a few cheeseburgers and put on some clothes.

My "list" of beautiful/sexy women:

Audrey Hepburn
Gabriel Anwar (Al Pacino's dance partner in the tango scene in Scent of a Woman)
Jeri Ryan
Annabella Sciorra
Selma Hayek

Posts: 754 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

Yakaterina Rednikova
Janel Maloney
Emily Van Camp (I'm old enough to feel dirty about this, young enough that I don't care about feeling dirty)
Kim Smith
Liv Tyler

Once upon a time, Denise Richards topped this list for me. Liv Tyler is dropping fast. Not sure who to replace her with though.

vulture
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One woman I know considers Jack Black incredibly sexy. I think Johnny Depp would be a more conventional choice.

And I'm definitely in Koner's camp on the issue of the Paris Hiltons, Christina Aguileras (and Pamela Andersons) of this world. How anyone can consider them attractive is wholly beyond me.

Posts: 1768 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen Bar1kin did rule back in the day, as ofcourse did Sophia Loren way before that. Right now? Jolie is very sexy but I hate the plastic surgery. Fergie from Black Eyed Peas is very hot. Beyonc'e is up there. Kim Basinger used to be the sexiest about 10 years back. Who else... Sophie Marceau. Isabel Adjani. Carrie-Anne Moss is very sexy. Halle Berry. Catherine Zeta-Jones is crazy sexy. Julianne Moore.

Hannibal - Luisana is very sexy. These amerilos don't know it though [Smile]

Sexiest man? I'm kinda racist there. All the names that pop in my head are of black men [Big Grin] Fish and Samuel T, specifically. James Blake is sexy. Sean Connery was one of the sexiest, but that was 25 yars ago. My wife adds: George Clooney, Dean Winters and Chris Maloney (both from HBO's OZ, among other places), Antonio Banderas.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natalie Portman
Vanessa Marcil
Eva Longoria
Sela Ward

but nobody compares to Audrey Hepburn

Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexy:
Gina Gershon.
Raquel Welch, in her day. Hasn't aged well. Tougher for women, I think. But that picture of her in the cave chick suit? Classic.
Sophia Loren.
Marilyn Monroe.
Rita Hayworth, anyone?
Jeri Ryan.

Phoebe Cates is cute. She may have had sexy moments, but she's cute. Same for Reese. And, in my opinion, Alicia Silverstone.

I think Jennifer Aniston is way more sexy than she's beautiful. Same for Sheryl Crow. And Madonna. (Maybe it's the muscles that do it for me?)

Trashy: Paris, Pamela, sometimes Angelina (but she's beautiful, so that's a tough call), Carmen Electra. Tara Reid. Britney Spears now (she used to be cute). Christina Aguilera. Something about trying too hard....

Beautiful: Halle Berry, Princess Grace, Audrey Hepburn. I like Kate Beckinsale okay. Sela Ward, too. Nicole Kidman.

I think Koner and I are on the same wavelength.

Now men....

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordan
Member # 2159

- posted      Profile for Jordan   Email Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessica Alba (when she was in Dark Angel) was so unbelievably Fine. Sometimes I wondered if it was just the light, or her transgenic lips were sizzling gently. Reese Witherspoon looks good, but better without all that makeup on. Aside from that, mainly girls I know personally whom I consider very beautiful, and largely because of their personalities. Like Koner says, most famous, "beautiful" girls today come with an unattractive attitude.

How about a bit of Jayne from Serenity? And FIJC, how could I possibly forget! My grandmother and I both agree that House is the hottest thing since man discovered fires and started having sex beside them. Of course, I would never consider a crush on him; he's far too high-maintainence!

Does anyone else actually find it difficult to separate someone's perceived personality from their physical appearance when they're judging how beautiful or attractive they are?

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordan said:
quote:
Does anyone else actually find it difficult to separate someone's perceived personality from their physical appearance when they're judging how beautiful or attractive they are?
Only in extreme cases - Paris Hilton is an example. She is just so annoying and (seemingly) petty that I could not possibly find her attractive.

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Praetorian
Member # 617

- posted      Profile for Praetorian         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Charlize Theron? Everytime I see her she just screams class and beauty without ever having to say a word. Maybe it's the way she walks?
Posts: 226 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FIJC
unregistered

quote:
"Gabriel Anwar (Al Pacino's dance partner in the tango scene in Scent of a Woman)"
Gabriel Anwar...I totally know who you're talking about, but I always think of Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken first...one of my all-time favorite horse movies.
Gaoics79
Member # 969

- posted      Profile for Gaoics79   Email Gaoics79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In terms of technical beauty, I think Catherine Zeta Jones in Mask of Zorro is up there.

Personally, I like Jennifer Connelly and Jessica Alba.

Posts: 7629 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I have to agree that Audry Hepburn is one of the most beautiful women of all time.r

And I'd have to add Denise Richards to my current list of top five beautiful woman.

But then there are so many beautiful woman in the world. And all woman are capable of being beautiful, if they want to be and you look hard enough.

KE

[ January 19, 2006, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Russian saying:

No such thing as ugly woman. Only such thing as not enough Vodka.

<GD&R>

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE - I've met Denise Richards in person. She used to shop at my store. Not quite so great without the makeup and touchups, and not as tall as I thought... but yes, she's actually still pretty. As opposed to certain other celebrites who are unmitigated disasters without makeup.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda like that typo, WP: "celebrites."

KE - Did you hear that Kate Beckinsale is going to be on Conan O'Brien tonight?

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the obvious answer is "My wife".

It also prevents testicular injury to answer so. But as to women who drip sex off the silver screen, I'd have to say Garbo, Rita Hayworth, Lauren Bacall, and Katherin Hepburn pretty much win. Marylin Monroe was certainly sexy, but it was more open and animalistic.

As to good looking men, You gotta go with men who represent the everyman type of American. Tom Hanks, James Stewart and Cary Grant are the type of realistic man sex symbol that endures. Brad Pitt would be the male analogue to Marylin Monroe.

Just my oppinion. Lots of people are stunning while young and get briefly famous for it. Marc Harmon comes to mind. But to be considered sexy for decades requires something that isn't of the type found in the latest Ford Model or madison avenue advertising slick.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 2699

quote:
But to be considered sexy for decades requires something that isn't of the type found in the latest Ford Model or madison avenue advertising slick.
I guess to many women, Sean Connery and Paul Newman have pulled that off. I think us guys are just too shallow and superficial to say the same of 60+ y/o women. [Smile]
A. Alzabo
Member # 1197

- posted      Profile for A. Alzabo   Email A. Alzabo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anybody disagree?
Kate Beckinsdale is up there. I'm partial to Monica Bellucci, myself.

And I think there's a difference between 'sexy' and 'physically attractive'. These women are both.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madeline Stowe was the sexiest woman in the world in 1996 or so. I haven't seen her in a movie since, so I don't know.

If not her than Angelina Jolie.

Angela Bassett, Liv Tyler, Allyson Hanigan and Sarita Choudhury would round out the top five.

My wife says Taye Diggs or Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones are the sexist dudes alive. I tend to think Depp's a pretty attractive guy, he's manly enough to not look like a little boy, but still a pretty boy.

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I see Angelina Jolie...I always see traces of Jon Voight in her expressions and it really creeps me out.

Sexiest?

Easy:

Aishwarya Rai

(edited for better link)

[ January 19, 2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And just because things like this set my tics going...

I think it's spelled:

Kate Beckinsale

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

I love Tom Hanks, but he's got nothing (for me) in the looks dept. Not handsome, not sexy.

Sean Connery.
Rutger Hauer.
Clint Eastwood.
Owen Wilson.
Taye Diggs. Ooh, that smile.
Used to like Tom Cruise (another smile), but now he's just creepy.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page