Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » what do you think about Israel's newest tourist attraction campaign?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you think about Israel's newest tourist attraction campaign?
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honest question
your thoughts

www.thinkisrael.com

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the girl. I'll be over in a minute. [Big Grin]

When do I get to meet her?

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice flash animation. Seems to be pretty straightforward.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More picture, less word, pls.
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you did a great job Hannibal. "Israel, not just for religious people!"
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H:

Just a grammar note. Compound adjectives are hyphenated in both US and UK English, i.e., clear-blue sky, while compound adverbs are not, i.e., wholly functional breasts [Wink] .

And, as your (Anglo-Jewish-gay city planner) Charles Ashbee argued: apples, bananas, and pears.

BTW, Where does one find the Israel Naturist Society?

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hannibal -

Impressive design. Straigthfoward, simple to navigate and eye-catching (particularly the rather striking girl).

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So guys...

are you coming?!?

Richard what is a Naturist sociaty?

you mean the group that runs the national parks and stuff like that?

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

Hannibal - you setup a nice date between me and your model, and I'll set a date for my vacation in Israel... [Big Grin]
Joe Schmoe
Member # 2640

- posted      Profile for Joe Schmoe   Email Joe Schmoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The layout looks pretty good overall. I didn't spend the time to go over it very thoroughly but I saw only a few things I would criticize.

1) I don't like the white and grey text on the grey background. I think you need more contrast there. It strains the eyes, especially on older people.

2) Your using tables for your layout, thats a pretty outdated and inefficient way to layout a site these days. Tables hurt search engine ratings. Also, if its going to be a high traffic site the bandwidth waste from tables can add up.

3) Are you changing the font size there on the main pane? It looks smaller. If so, I'd advise against that. let people set their own font sizes through the browser and they'll be happier.

Anyhow, looks good overall. I'm just trying to give you a couple things to think about.

Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hannibal, your naievete is showing [Wink] . The Israel Naturist Society is your major nudist group. Unfortunately, all their directions to their campsites and beaches is in Hebrew.

Oh ...! It's TOURISTS you looking for; I thought it said TERRORISTS [Big Grin] . I was wondering why you were trying attract terrorists ...; on the other hand, that might be a good idea turning terrorists into tourists, but I'd keep my eye on them. That's easier in a nudist camp, you know.

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the site. The only question I have:

No sexy girl in Jerusalem?

Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

I think you guys are under the impression that i made the site? i didnt, my work is more in the PHP/MySQL stuff, and less in flash.

i wanted to see if israel's new project has a chance.

Javelin, concerning the desprate situation i am now, if ill get a hold of that girl, there's no way in hell i am going to give her to some one else, foreign affairs or no [Smile]

Richard, if thats what you are looking for, there is a nudist beach in Tel aviv, there are also several up north around Haifa i think.
and the beach in Eilat is preaty "free" atleast when it comes to topless sweedish women....

javelin
Member # 1284

quote:
Javelin, concerning the desprate situation i am now, if ill get a hold of that girl, there's no way in hell i am going to give her to some one else, foreign affairs or no
Thank goodness the ticket is fully refundable then!
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly....

Don't you guys have any zoos, aquariums, amusement parks?

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to hit the last big tourist push for the millenium. As God loves a good laugh, I hear the Palestinians and their beloved intifada destroyed their economy more then it hit the Israelis.

Good luck with this one.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

we do have zoos, the big one is the Safari at Ramat-Gan

we have lots of museums, Tel Aviv is full with them, plus there is the sience museum in Haifa, very interesting, and there are lots of history museums in Jerusalem.

in amusment parks we are lacking unfortionatly the israeli amusment parks are no match for the avarage six flags.

Joe Schmoe
Member # 2640

- posted      Profile for Joe Schmoe   Email Joe Schmoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal:
I think you guys are under the impression that i made the site? i didnt, my work is more in the PHP/MySQL stuff, and less in flash.

Good man, thats the way to go, especially if your using an apache linux server with that. [Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal:

i wanted to see if israel's new project has a chance.

It all looks nice and all, but I don't think it will see much success honestly. Israel looks too unstable to most people I know, though personally I'd like to visit.
Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

"Good man, thats the way to go, especially if your using an apache linux server with that. "

exactly, i work with LAMP
allthough i do c++ aswell

"personally I'd like to visit. "

great, just make a left turn at Alberkurky (typo?) and are here

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may very well be my next international vacation.

I figured Israel must have at least one decent zoo, but you couldn't tell it from this site. It seems mostly geared toward nightlife, beach lounging, hiking, and the religious draws...I have no doubt there's more stuff to do than that.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

there are pretty girls too.

theres also a florishing "trecking industry"

that is, you can do lots of hicking, jeep tours, camping etc in the Negev desert, and northern Israel. lots of amazing site seeing.
there are also several famous caves you can visit, very pretty crust caves (stalegmites)

you can have a nice week in israel i guess

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page