Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Ornery Insta-poll (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ornery Insta-poll
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I said Republican, because that's how I'm registered, but Libertarian is better description of my political beliefs.
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelcimer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of this time here is where we seem to be:

Democrat: 9
Approve: 0
Disapprove: 9

Republican: 8
Approve: 3
Disapprove: 5

Independent/Other: 19
Approve: 4
Disapprove: 15

Total: 36
Approve: 7
Disapprove: 29

Bush has a 80.5% disapproval rating here on Ornery.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bush has a 80.5% disapproval rating here on Ornery
I'm quite surprised to see so many of us posting an overall disapproval.

Perhaps those who approve are abstaining from the poll in disproportionately high numbers.

Perhaps Orneryites are by and large incapable of blanket approval. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariner
Member # 1618

- posted      Profile for Mariner   Email Mariner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other
Approve, I guess. How does one actually sum up a president's performance as a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, anyway?

Posts: 538 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enochville
Member # 2657

- posted      Profile for enochville   Email enochville       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting side note would be who has "buyer's remorse". As I said earlier, I am a Republican who disapproves of Bush, yet voted for Kerry in the last election, so I don't have buyer's remorse. Although my candidate did not win the election I did get two things I wanted: Roberts and Alito.
Posts: 69 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Royalist/ Absolute Monarchist-ideally.

Approve.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Redskull! but that means we must fight it out in armor with pike and mace. I'm only a royalist-monarchist-imperialist if I get to be monarch [Big Grin] .

What doesn't surprise me is that we OTHERS win, and win big! Yea! We OTHERS outnumber the Democrats and Republicans combined!

Now, who will step up and run on the Other ticket ... for any office at all?

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises hand*
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WarsawPact,

quote:
*raises hand*
quote:
... for any office at all?
Since it is 'any office at all' I suggest we pick one where he does the least harm and provides us the most entertainment value [Smile]

LetterRip

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since it is 'any office at all' I suggest we pick one where he does the least harm and provides us the most entertainment value...
Alright!! WP for VP!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wayward Son:
quote:
Since it is 'any office at all' I suggest we pick one where he does the least harm and provides us the most entertainment value...
Alright!! WP for VP!!! [Big Grin]
As long as I don't have to be the "hunting buddy".
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jav, I haven't voted in this poll and neither have you. That is what makes America great, only those that care go to the polls.

Oh and [Roll Eyes] !

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Dey:
Ah Redskull! but that means we must fight it out in armor with pike and mace. I'm only a royalist-monarchist-imperialist if I get to be monarch

Cmon, be a serf you wimp.
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll gladly take the VP spot... but after inauguration I'm setting up a Dallas motorcade for the Prez.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once upon a time there was two kings. Each had his own castle, one on the top of one hill, one on the top of the other.

King Drago had a thane who had to rake the pricipice every so often, and every time thane Twain complained. He had to climb up the hill to get the rake from the King, rake the hill, grab a quick wench at the tavern, then take the rake back up the mown hill to the king, and then had to come all the way down to reality again -- and his plain-jane wife for the evening.

You fuggin' usufruct! said King Ricardo to King Drago in the local tavern. I let my thane Uno keep the bloody rake down t'his house. I ain't no rake, and I ain't got no use for it otherwise!

Well, I don't trust any thane o' mine to keep the king's rake! said King Drago, pinching a wench's bottom as she passed. And I ain't no usufruct neither, you usufruct yourself!

Hah!

I ain't no usufruct, I don't know no usufruct, and I don't need no usufruct! I wouldn't know a usufruct if I stept on it and it hit me on the head.

I'll tell you what, Rex. You buy me and these wenches h'ar a flaggon o' of that brew o'er th'ar, and I'll let Twin borrow Uno's rake that belongs to me, and that will cut down on all this dangerous king-and-thane stuff. Your rakin' will get doon and you can forget it like I do.

Whatdayouz talkin', king-and-thane stuff?

I'm talkin' doin' business wit' deh peasants, Rex ...! You know, less managerial gaff with the woikahs, less chance for labor unrest, less chance to ask for raises, vacations, time off, all that baaaad stuff ...? More toime for us kings to go awenching ...? Hey ...? Hey ...? Here's one comin' now, King o' the Hill ...! Catch my wake?

Oh ...! Oh ...! Well, let's go! said King Drago. Awenching we shall go! Awenching we shall go! Forget the rake, forget the hoe! Awenching we shall go!

See, Drago? Now you're a fuggin' usufruct, see?

(Exeunt, merrily. Enter Ornery Mod.)

Ahem ...! We're not asking for political propriety, here, but let's keep within the bounds of good taste, shall we Your Highnesses ...?

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A. Alzabo
Member # 1197

- posted      Profile for A. Alzabo   Email A. Alzabo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jav:
quote:
I wouldn't have thought you'd quail at something so minor.
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeerilritorne
Member # 2804

- posted      Profile for kenmeerilritorne   Email kenmeerilritorne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's not like he's jumping the gun...

And they're OFF!!! Next, please...

Posts: 373 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A. Alzabo:
Jav:
quote:
But I'm so pretty!
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...so pretty and witty and bright!
Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasn't Dan more pretty and witty and dim?
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As of this time here is where we seem to be:

I would be willing to bet a lot of someone else's money that most of those other/independents cast 90% plus of their vote for one party or another.

Possibly a better question these days, rather than what party do you belong to, is what party do you hate (or fear) the most. [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other

Disapprove

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I argue that other people should vote for Democrats, then I go vote peace&freedom or write someone in. Works for me.

Thanks kelcimer, unavoidable real life stuff came up. Dropped my own thread.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have changed my mind..

I am now pro fascist, and want all of you sent to KZ's to make raw materials because most of you have a demonstrated propensity for idiotic thought.

and as to policy, i no longer support it because it hasn't gone far enough. Whole nations should have been liquidated at this point.

<god some of you have just driven me absolutely beyond the point of hope for mankind>

lets not only turn the entire middle east into a nuclear wasteland, I now think we should pretty much vaporize everything including ourselves before we manage to escape the solar system.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad day, Redskull?

<hands Red a silly drink, complete with foofy umbrella>

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeerilritorne
Member # 2804

- posted      Profile for kenmeerilritorne   Email kenmeerilritorne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lets not only turn the entire middle east into a nuclear wasteland, I now think we should pretty much vaporize everything including ourselves before we manage to escape the solar system.
I've been waiting for a segue like this.

A few years ago I attended a poetry reading. The star poet, local college lit. prof, had read recently about Cheney and some buds hunting quail or turkey in a Fisher-Price hunter's theme park like the one that recently earned Cheney so much respect.

He wrote a poem about such hunting. The final line was,

"Hell, let's go shoot GOD!!!"

Posts: 373 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 188

Right now I am convinced that What God Wants, God Gets, and since it seems he wants Jihad and stupidity, It behooves us to follow through and eliminate ourselves.

or as a certain poet once noted, we should Amuse ourselves to death.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Abuse ourselves ...? Redskull, that is no way to self-destruct [Mad] !
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then you're not doing it right, Rich!

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page