Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » I love this country

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love this country
philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, some idiot religious freak has gotten into his head that God wants him to go and yell at people who are burying there kids who died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Reverend Phelps if you want to look him up. Then a great bunch of folks get together and decide to do something about it. The Patriot Guard Riders. They go and make enough noise to drown out Phelp's little band of idiots and let the families say good bye to their loved ones without having to hear about how God is glad that they are sad.

No sitting around and writing letters to the editor about how these people are being idiots, they go and do something about it, and not even in the break your legs kind of way, they just provide enough background noise that the silly people can't be heard.

Simple, but meaningful and both sides get what they want. The bigots can rant, and the fmailies can bury their children. Win-Win.

Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definetely win-win

Win-win-win is one of the people goes and finds phelps and breaks his knees after the funeral.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard this on NPR a couple weeks ago. Definately cool.

I did like Michael Moore's solution from the TV Nation days of taking an RV with male go-go dancers on top to Phelps' house and/or compound and playing YMCA and such very loudly. (I assume he's got a compound. He must)

Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeerilritorne
Member # 2804

- posted      Profile for kenmeerilritorne   Email kenmeerilritorne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phelps

Picture halfway down. Now THAT'S anti-American.

Posts: 373 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

I agree with Ev. WWJD? I think the same as me and Ev.

KE

kelcimer
unregistered

kenmeerilritorne

um..that link doesn't go to where you think it goes.

Cytania
Member # 2598

- posted      Profile for Cytania     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The great thing these riders are doing is taking the publicity spotlight off Phelps. Phelps is clearly a believer in Barnum's adage that 'no publicity is bad publicity' and seems quite prepared to hitch his bandwagon to any issue of the day - usually through funerals.

I suspect that at some point Phelps will overstep the mark and lose the extended family that make up the bulk of his protesters. Meanwhile it's great to see spontaneous popular protest alive, well and opposing Phelp's bigotry.

Posts: 743 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page