Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Happy Star Wars Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Star Wars Day
Mormegil
Member # 2439

- posted      Profile for Mormegil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Star Wars Day! (5/4/06)

Yes, folks, it's that time of the year again!

Celebrate Star Wars, watch the films, spread the word!

(Yes, I guess the prequels count too.)

Have fun.

May the Fourth be with you.

Posts: 800 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witless chum
Member # 1643

- posted      Profile for witless chum   Email witless chum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May the force make it so Greedo doesn't shoot first. By 2017, Vader will be kicking Luke in the shin and saying he's his aunt.
Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Now I have to watch Episode III-VI. Screw I and II (I call them The Whiney Years).
Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormegil
Member # 2439

Have you heard? The original films *are* going to be released on DVD.

If only they could combine the two though: remastered visuals and sound but without any additional scenes or story-changing additions. *That* would be the ultimate.

Posts: 800 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ngthagg
Member # 2737

- posted      Profile for ngthagg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that you say? Another authoritative release of the original films? Maybe the take from Episode III wasn't enough for George.

Tez: Watch the fight scenes in I and II. Skip the rest.

ngthagg

Posts: 487 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoseAuthor
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for RoseAuthor   Email RoseAuthor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no.. this is just a post-re-re-release of the previous re-release of the original release on DVD.. but with extra Lucas interviews and commentaries of post releases.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormegil
Member # 2439

I mean I read on yahoo news that the original (not special addition, not Greedo-shooting-first, not Hayden as ghost Anakin) are going to be released in September. 2-disc set per film, with the original version along side the remastered special editions.
pickled shuttlecock
Member # 1093

- posted      Profile for pickled shuttlecock   Email pickled shuttlecock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I read about this in the book of Revelation as well. Keep your eyes peeled for mounted calamities.
Posts: 1392 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I saw a story about this on Slashdot, therefore it must be true. [Big Grin]

I believe that the slashdot article did have a link to an actual article on the release. It was only a few days ago, but I don't have time to go looking for it now. I have to get back to finding a subtle bug in a function that is turning my brain to mush as I work on it.

Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page