Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » SNL - President Al Gore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SNL - President Al Gore
JoshuaD
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for JoshuaD   Email JoshuaD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday Night Live 4/12/2006 - Opening Skit.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad...
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very funny. Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love that they went at him again on the whole "lockbox" thing.
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good man for doing it himself. I have a subscription to McSweeney's Quarterly and in one of my recent mailouts was a DVD of Amazing short films.

One was a short documentary on Al Gore by director Spike Jonez (Being John Malkovich, etc), that really illuminated Gore's personality and character, showing him with his family most of the time.

Too bad the media butchered him, he's a decent guy.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, most of the people who run for president are decent guys. It's a hard, greuling job, and you've got to be very dedicated to something to put yourself through all of that. I don't have any problem believing that 99% of individuals who run for President do it out of a desire to make their country a better place.
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 1070

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That video is great. [Smile]
Posts: 2936 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelcimer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link comes to "This video has been removed due to copyright infringement." Got another link?

[ May 15, 2006, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: kelcimer ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get it while it's functional:

new link

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The speech was really funny. Gore has done lots of things like this that show that he is actually one of the warmest and most human pols out there. It's interesting we live in an age where his public image will rise because he played a phony president in a TV satire that savaged the way his real opponent has run the country. And nobody will claim that what he did has demeaned or insulted the dignity of the office.

I could see him running again, this time with Steven Colbert (who knows every House Representative by now) as his Veep. I hope he chooses Meryl Streep to be the first lady. You know, I think they should take over Commander in Chief (move Geena to Sec'y of State) in September, now that West Wing is gone. Wow, I bet Rove didn't count on that.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kit
Member # 1299

- posted      Profile for Kit   Email Kit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm impressed that he sent himself up almost as much as Pres. Bush. (at least it seemed like it to me)

I saw it as an equal opportunity offender. Sure it mocked Bush by basically saying that Gore would have done everything exactly the opposite (or would have had the opposite effect). But by making it so over the top it also seemed to indicate that many of the complaints about Bush are silly. (no mention of Sept. 11 and Disney Afganistan is the hottest spring break location?)

Even as someone that happily voted against him, I enjoyed this. Kudos, Mr. Gore.

Posts: 704 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page