Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » ***SPOILER ALERT*** Australia vs Italy thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ***SPOILER ALERT*** Australia vs Italy thread
Rallan
Member # 1936

- posted      Profile for Rallan   Email Rallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were robbed!

Which pretty much spoils it already, but for those who want specifics, the score was Italy 1, Australia nil, with Italy scoring thanks to a penalty awarded in the last ten seconds of extra time. An Italian made a shot for goal, an Australian dived well in front of him with the intention to intercept the shot after it'd left the Italian, and the Italian tripped over the aussie after he'd played the ball. Next thing you know Italy is awarded a penalty, they score off it, and it's all over.

Posts: 2570 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weak.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally robbed. Then again, the red on Materazzi was equally crap.

Shame, I don't know when you guys will have another such generation, with 4 legitimate big-team lineup guys.

Horrible officiating, second game in a row. Sepp really should go. This is insufferable.

[ June 26, 2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannibal
Member # 1339

- posted      Profile for Hannibal   Email Hannibal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rallan i couldnt agree more, i was fanning australia all the way in this game, i wanted to cry when the ref pointed to the penalty.

what passes trough a person's head? doesnt he know that 10 seconds before the game ends you need to be VERY POSITIVLY ABSOLUTLY SURE that there was a penalty?

its a scandal, and its the second time in a row that the aussies are the ones who suffer from it.

as for yesterdays match between holland and portugal... if you ask me the ref should have drawn more red cards instead of less, it was more like a brawl then a game, and its a shame that two great teams played that bad

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WarrsawPact
Member # 1275

- posted      Profile for WarrsawPact   Email WarrsawPact   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where I can get a video of that Holland-Portugal game? I missed all but a few minutes of it.
Posts: 7500 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. Check out fifa.com.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another blown call leads to a win in the Spain/France game. Henrey did a good job of flopping, but really, the ref just blew it.

Still, gotta respect France for staying with a hot Spain team the whole time, especially given how poorly they played in their pool games.

Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page