Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Boob job body armor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boob job body armor
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breast implants saves woman after Hezbollah attack

I'm just having fun imagining the next generation body armor... [Cool]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New by Frigemall Industries: Damsel Defenders!

Aesthetic Armor for Curved Appeal

A new use for the term "Tough Ti(censored)"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead she will suffer a slow and painful death due to the leaked silicone into her bloodstream
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Lassek
Member # 1514

- posted      Profile for Adam Lassek   Email Adam Lassek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Instead she will suffer a slow and painful death due to the leaked silicone into her bloodstream
Nah, the article says the implant was replaced. Did you think she would take shrapnel to the boob and not have it replaced?
Posts: 554 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could those things could carry explosives powerful enough to knock a hole in an airplane window? Say post-op, while they are still bandaged up, when they'd be expected to feel stiff and painful.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Lassek
Member # 1514

- posted      Profile for Adam Lassek   Email Adam Lassek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Could those things could carry explosives powerful enough to knock a hole in an airplane window? Say post-op, while they are still bandaged up, when they'd be expected to feel stiff and painful.
It actually takes quite a bit of explosive force to knock out a window. In fact, just blowing a hole in the window wouldn't be enough to structurally damage the plane, you would have to blow a hole in the entire fuselage.

On a lighter note, would this mean there would have to be breast inspectors at the airports? I am so there. [Big Grin]

Posts: 554 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect job for high school boys.

"I'm sorry, Missus! I'm goin'a hafta fondle those! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gives a whole new meaning to "put 'em on the glass".
Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theyux
Member # 2794

- posted      Profile for theyux   Email theyux       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"
"

Bill Clinton would catch every bomber who tried to get on a plane [Smile]

and for all those who complained about Bill, hows he look with Bushes as a back drop.

Posts: 211 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shudder to think how Bill Clinton would have handled 9/11. He was a people pleaser. You think that Bill Clinton would have appeared with a bunch of Muslim-Americans just hours after 9/11 saying "these are our neighbors?"

Clinton would have found the fastest way to make Americans feel safe and happy, and would have run the war through the polls and in response to intarnational whims, like he did Kosovo. He'd have avoided some of Bush's mistakes, but he'd have made his own, probably much more serious mistakes. My guess is that we'd have used nukes by this point under Clinton.

Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pete at Home:
I shudder to think how Bill Clinton would have handled 9/11. He was a people pleaser. You think that Bill Clinton would have appeared with a bunch of Muslim-Americans just hours after 9/11 saying "these are our neighbors?"

Clinton would have found the fastest way to make Americans feel safe and happy, and would have run the war through the polls and in response to intarnational whims, like he did Kosovo. He'd have avoided some of Bush's mistakes, but he'd have made his own, probably much more serious mistakes. My guess is that we'd have used nukes by this point under Clinton.

Wow Pete, you have some thoughtful opinions. I have to point out that it is all wild and baseless speculation though.

You have NO IDEA what anyone else would have done, and to speculate is pointless unless you just like to stir up trouble.

We all know Pete would never do that [Wink]

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flydye45
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No but I recall that right after 9/11 some thoughtful and knowledgeable Dems were desperately and unoffically happy that Gore lost.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And some of us, like myself, who'd voted for the likes of Nader or Libertarian, and who'd been mostly ambivalent about which one of them clowns won (although we weren't happy with the Supreme Court decision) suddenly became very sad after 911 that Gore'd lost.

I suspect most of those Dems you mention, flydye, are now leaning more toward the view of me and my confreres.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clinton would use nukes? Sure, that would win a lot of polls... (yes, this is a facetious statement).

[ August 17, 2006, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

If you don't think that America would have cheered a nuke in the aftermath of 9/11 BEFORE Bush got up and worked on calming everyone down, then keep writin' that inspirational fiction, but it has no bearing on history.

I know what Clinton did, and remember how he handled the wars that he did handle. It's speculation, sure, but it's speculation based on fact and established patterns of behavior.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Clinton would have found the fastest way to make Americans feel safe and happy, and would have run the war through the polls and in response to intarnational whims
It's worth noting that the Bush Administration has solicited more polls each year than any other administration in history, including Clinton's.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Do you actually believe that contradicts what I said, or are you just trying to give that impression that what you said affects what I said?
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you don't think that America would have cheered a nuke in the aftermath of 9/11 BEFORE Bush got up and worked on calming everyone down, then keep writin' that inspirational fiction, but it has no bearing on history.

I know what Clinton did, and remember how he handled the wars that he did handle. It's speculation, sure, but it's speculation based on fact and established patterns of behavior.

Every situation is different, and there were hardly very many sitations to base it on regardless of anyone's opinion about his performance. You can't compare 9/11 to anything Clinton had on his plate during his years. I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, far from it, I'd say he was a disaster in certain respects, but compared to Bush he looks better and better every day.
Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S.S. Cole? Anyone? Am I not recalling something correctly? Embassy bombings?

[ August 18, 2006, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: javelin ]

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Linux says:
quote:
Every situation is different, and there were hardly very many sitations to base it on regardless of anyone's opinion about his performance. You can't compare 9/11 to anything Clinton had on his plate during his years.
And then immediately after, Linux says:

quote:
I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, far from it, I'd say he was a disaster in certain respects, but compared to Bush he looks better and better every day.
I guess it's not just matters of religion where Linux employs a double-standard.
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Honestly, Linux, how could it be fair to compare Bush to Clinton, but not OK to compare Clinton to Bush?

Think about it.

TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol,

oh, pete, you're tuhr-ribble

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

From one boob to another... Isn't it fun how threads evolve?
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Point. I traced the source of the mutation, and I'm persuaded this was the offending line:

Theyux: "and for all those who complained about Bill, hows he look with Bushes as a back drop."

Anyone else confusing Theyux and Linux?

javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah - Theyux writes illegibly, Linux writes fine - he just ARGUES illegibly. [Wink]

[ August 18, 2006, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: javelin ]

Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nah, the article says the implant was replaced. Did you think she would take shrapnel to the boob and not have it replaced?
How long would it take a pierced implant to leak into the bloodstream? How can they be sure they got it all out? Couldn't even trace amounts be harmful over the long term?
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

Maybe, but I doubt as harmful as shrapnel to the heart.
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

IIRC, most implants are saline-based anyway. Although, I think silicone is coming back again...
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

This particular one was silicone based.
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

100 lashes for not reading my own link all the way through.
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errrrr

We can compare Clintons record to Bushs record.

What's flat out goofy, although sometimes fun, is speculating about how Bush would have handled the end of the Cold War, or how Clinton would have handled WWI, or how Reagan would have dealt with the War of 1812.

Seemed to me LF was making the first sort of comparison.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

quote:
Linux says:
quote:
Every situation is different, and there were hardly very many sitations to base it on regardless of anyone's opinion about his performance. You can't compare 9/11 to anything Clinton had on his plate during his years.
And then immediately after, Linux says:

quote:
I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, far from it, I'd say he was a disaster in certain respects, but compared to Bush he looks better and better every day.
I guess it's not just matters of religion where Linux employs a double-standard.

I was talking about one specific thing, and then I talked about the broad picture where there are certain places which allow us to connect certain dots.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page