Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Mods: Does OSC ever post here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mods: Does OSC ever post here?
gruevy
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for gruevy   Email gruevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like he should, seeing as it's his. I don't want to know what alias he uses, I'm just curious if he is a semi-regular poster here.
Posts: 256 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, newbies. It seems like just yesterday.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very very rarely. He appears more often on Hatrack.
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gruevy
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for gruevy   Email gruevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the Hatrack forums like... suck
Posts: 256 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pickled shuttlecock
Member # 1093

- posted      Profile for pickled shuttlecock   Email pickled shuttlecock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He probably finds arguing with ISTJs frustrating - and their propensity for drowning their victims in facts and details and demanding the same in return.

Oh, wait, this is about OSC, not me. Um, I dunno.

Posts: 1392 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

- posted      Profile for Pete at Home   Email Pete at Home   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pickled shuttlecock:
He probably finds arguing with ISTJs frustrating - and their propensity for drowning their victims in facts and details and demanding the same in return.

Oh, wait, this is about OSC, not me. Um, I dunno.

ISTJs?
Posts: 44193 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by gruevy:
But the Hatrack forums like... suck

Hatrack forums are more about his books, with questions that only he could answer.
Adam Lassek
Member # 1514

- posted      Profile for Adam Lassek   Email Adam Lassek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ISTJs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_briggs
Posts: 554 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I recall INTJs were also ridiculously well represented here.

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got to admit: introverts creep me right the hell out.
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am proudly INTX.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Got to admit: introverts creep me right the hell out.
Considering that introverts represent about a quarter of the population you must be creeped out a lot. The introvert-extrovert dimension is probably the most misunderstood. It's not about how outgoing people are but rather how energized they get around others.

My brother and sister are both extremely outgoing. My sister is an extrovert and after a long day of work, she'd prefer to unwind by spending a night out on the town, socializing with others. My brother is an introvert and while he spends all day interacting with others and drawing them in, at the end of the day he needs alone time (watching movies with his wife). But is someone only knew my siblings from work they would probably never guess that they are polar opposites when it comes to extraversion. The only hint might be that my sister is more likely to invite people to parties after work.

Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TomD...you were kidding right? I mean, how many extroverts could there really be who have posted 8000+ times in an online forum, and moderate other forums, and work with computers?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

Not kidding. I'm ENFP. And introverts really do freak me out, although I'm good enough at dealing with it that I manage to be happily married to one. [Smile]
scifibum
Member # 945

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmph. Well extroverts make me nervous. So there.
Posts: 6847 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INTJ, and INTP, depending on the day. the p-j axis for me is between 45-55. Everything else is in the 90's
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are twins, Ev! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gruevy
Member # 2985

Where do you take the test for this
javelin
Member # 1284

Quick search showed this, not sure if free or not
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting... I waiver between I and E as in ISTP, ESTP depending on my mood, the season, the lunar cycle…
Does that mean I freak everyone out?
Yes?
GOOD!
[Razz]

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to announce that I am an XNXX, My E and I, and F and T, and P and J are equal, or you could say I am practically pure intuition. I guess it makes for better games when you can hit both ways.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gruevy
Member # 2985

jav: not free
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TomD, Loverofjoy is right -- introversion is often misunderstood. It's more about how people gain and lose energy than about people's desire to be or not be around others.

What is it about "introverts" that you find creepy?

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gruevy, watch the test you take. Some have some pretty bad testing language that poses queries in such a way that they don't really ask what they're seeking.

For instance: Which would you rather be like?

I often would prefer to be what I am not. The question should read, "Which best describes you?"

I've found this in a number of places and have asked folks who know, and the question is really trying to get at what you are, not what you want to be.

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Also, take the test a couple different times. You can get different results -- it's most accurate when you start to see a pattern.
TomDavidson
Member # 99

quote:

Seriously? The fact that they find being around other people to be exhausting. This is completely and totally contrary to my experience, and is a very alien thought to me.

[ August 18, 2006, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

FiredrakeRAGE
Member # 1224

- posted      Profile for FiredrakeRAGE   Email FiredrakeRAGE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've continually come up INTJ everytime I've taken that test. I have noticed that my 'I' is gradually creeping down towards 50%.

--Firedrake

Posts: 3538 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gruevy
Member # 2985

I'm ENFP, apparently
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a lot like Kent. While I tend to be a bit more I than E it's not by much. I'm a fairly strong N no matter where I take the test. I am probably FP more than TJ but again, not by much.
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

In an intro to psychology course in college my professor did an interesting demonstration. We were talking about personality tests and he put up a transparency of a list of words (I think about 4 words per each line). He asked us to pick which set of words best fit us. Then he put another transparency on top. It was all the zodiac symbols. He asked how many chose their correct sign. It was a huge number (mine included). He said that this "test" in his class often had as high or higher reliability than some of the best personality tests out there. His point was that personality tests may be somewhat useful but have to be taken with a grain of salt.
cperry
Member # 1938

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:

Seriously? The fact that they find being around other people to be exhausting. This is completely and totally contrary to my experience, and is a very alien thought to me.
Well, alien and creepy can be synonymous but they don't have to be.

It's not so much that being around others exhausts me as it is I need to be alone to recharge. However, I do know some folks who are more introverted than I am who do find social interaction to be draining. But I really think that's rare -- the extreme introvert. To succeed in school and in most careers, introverts have to learn to cope with social situations. As a teacher, I had to be very extroverted at work; some days I'd go home and just sit alone in my room for about an hour before I wanted to get up and do anything. But it's not like I didn't want to go to work the next day.

Pete at Home
Member # 429

quote:
Originally posted by jm0397:
Interesting... I waiver between I and E as in ISTP, ESTP depending on my mood, the season, the lunar cycle…
Does that mean I freak everyone out?
Yes?
GOOD!
[Razz]

Isn't that common? Doesn't the human experience require introverted and extroverted stages?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page