Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » My Afternoon Playlist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Afternoon Playlist
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Brubeck Quartet -Take Five

The White Stripes -Little Ghost

Ray Charles -Georgia on my Mind

Leonard Cohen -Dance me to the End of Love

Justin Timberlake -FutureSexLoveSounds

Sting & Allison Krauss -My Ain True Love

Lhasa -Soon This Space Will Be Too Small

AC/DC -TNT

Joe Tex -Skinny Legs and All

Willie Nelson -Whiskey River

Fergie -Fergalicious

Joni Mitchell -Chelsea Morning

Tegan and Sarah -Monday Monday

Barry White -Practice What You Preach

Joshua Radin feat. Schuyler Fisk -Paperweight

Keith Urban -No One Drinks Alone

Stevie Wonder -You Are The Sunshine Of My Life

Eagles -Peaceful Easy Feeling

Joanna Newsom -Sprout and the Bean

Mason Jennings -Darkness Between the Fireflies

The Guess Who -No Sugar Tonight (New Mother Nature)

Beyonce -B'Day

[ September 25, 2006, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a terrific playlist. You ought to start selling them!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]

I know some people really hate the Eagles.

[ September 25, 2006, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

Did you download the list?

(legally, of course)

[ September 25, 2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but it's the juxtaposition you have created here.

Nah, I have had my iPod for almost 2 years now and still haven't used it.

(Another sign I deserve to be a grandma at 41.)

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Was it you who often listed your "playlist" for a thread or a post or just the moment in your life? I haven't seen that as much lately.

I know a bit about music, as my father owned a small AM radio station and my whole family and even boyfriend served as DJs at various times, but you ... are a marvel.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe me. I often share my joy at hgearing a solid groove.

Right now, earphones, and "Havona", a Jaco PAstorius tune performed by him with Weather Report. It doesn't get any better.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

cperry, first, thanks!

[Smile]

....and 41? Dang, but that's the age women really start to get sexy!

Second, I think you'd probably like a few programs from one of my absolutely favorite radio stations:

The CKUA Radio Network

[ September 25, 2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: canadian ]

Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kind of makes me sick, to see that you have

Fergie

and

Joanna Newsom

on the same computer, let alone same playlist. You're a mindblower.

(Have you heard Joanna's new album "Y's" it's really excellent.)

Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

Cool link, Can. I've never listened before but will def check it out. (sad -- they tell us at work we can't use our PCs to listen to radio; not sure if they police that!)

I think there are several folks here at OA who are pretty into music and have intelligent, eclectic tastes. Jes' another reason to keep coming back.

(And thank you for the supportive comments - I don't feel old, I just look it to teenagers! [Big Grin]

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CP:

A gay publisher in Boston, Alyson Press, didn't allow people to talk at work! What, packing books and typing labels? The irony was that Alyson himself never had anything of consequence to say [Big Grin] .

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

I can't even imagine it, RD. He must have been a sadist. <shudders>
Eric
Member # 2699

- posted      Profile for Eric   Email Eric       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canadian --

Do you ever suffer traumatic brain injury when your player goes from one track to the next? [Smile]

Posts: 448 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric...you've read his posts, right?

[Big Grin]

canadian, bro....

Justin Timberlake -FutureSexLoveSounds

Why, oh why, would you throw that turd in such a great bowl of punch?

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page