Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » A great way to stump Tony Snow and the WH just occured to me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A great way to stump Tony Snow and the WH just occured to me
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next weekly press conference, simple question:

"Mr. Snow, how's Harry Wittington doing?"

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's busy representing Mark Foley, who shot himself in the foot, or Dennis Hastert, who should have shot Foley when he was flushed out of his dark hole last spring. In any case, they're *all* running around with shotguns now, shooting anybody who's not with 'em. I'd hate to be a Gopper now...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice that in recent TV appearances, Bill Frist has this uniquely strained expression, like someone who mixed things up an applied Listerine to his hemorrhoids and used Preparation H for mouthwash...

It seems emblematic.

[ October 01, 2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a friend's wedding last night, I found myself dining at a table with one of the DNC's top campaign (not policy) strategists. He made the observation that the "game" is theirs to lose, and that right now the only way they might lose it -- according to their polling -- is to put up someone divisive as a candidate. So the primaries are scaring him to death, since Clinton might do very well in the primaries and is the definition of divisive. (He's rather grumpy about primary voters in general; he went off about the Lieberman thing for nearly ten minutes.)
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as '08 goes, I think it's a dark horse race. McCain is losing credibility by the hour with independents like me, and Hillary is just John Kerry in a dress:

Suicide Choice

or Monica in drag?:

A Uniter

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is, Kerry won the Democratic primary, too.

The primary system is not necessarily designed to select the best -- or even the most "electable" -- candidate from the field.

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fock lieberman. I've done politics so I understand where the guy's coming from. But in the end, there's a limit to how much you can side with the other guys and still be called a Democrat. This ain't Nebraska, where the @#$% Ben Nelson really is as progressive as can be elected in the state. This is Connecticut, and there's absolutely no reason for someone who not only votes with the Bushies, but excoriates other Dems for doing otherwise, to receive the Dem vote.
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velcro
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for velcro   Email velcro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no knee-jerk Lieberman apologist, but there is something to be said for someone who honestly tries to work with the other side to make real progress.

I don't like all his votes, or his comments, but to send someone who will blather a left-of-Democratic-mainstream line will accomplish nothing, except stir up right-of-Republican-mainstream blatherers.

Posts: 2096 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still convinced that what killed him was his snotty and indignant attitude about having to campaign for "his" seat.

He came off like a spoiled child, and a wanna-be patrician. He was still polling a couple points ahead among likely Democratic voters when he floated the "independant" idea and threw the race away.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

It hasn't killed him yet (Fox):
quote:
[Headline, 9/28/06] Poll: Lieberman Leads Lamont by 10 Points in Connecticut U.S. Senate Race

Democrat Ned Lamont continues to struggle to find support among Republican and unaffiliated voters in his attempt to defeat three-term incumbent Sen. Joe Lieberman in November's election, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday.

Lieberman maintains a 10-point advantage among likely voters in the poll, leading Lamont 49 percent to 39 percent in a three-way race. Republican Alan Schlesinger trails with 5 percent.

javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what happens if he wins?
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

Dems lose a seat and, every now and then, a party-line vote. From a purely strategic POV, Lieberman's primary loss was a bad thing for the Democrats.
RickyB
Member # 1464

velcro, what kind of real progress, though?

TD - true.

KnightEnder
unregistered

Hillary has more balls than Kerry, Ken.

KE

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"Hillary has more balls than Kerry, Ken."

Hers and a spare set in her husband's scrotum, wehch she keeps locked up in a safe.

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All depends on how you define "likely voter".

In a race like this, it's anyones ball game depending on how people are feeling about their party.

Lieberman may win or lose, but the Democrats won't take the Senate regardless. Well, unless it turns out Bush was writing dirty e-mails, in which case they'll win so heavily Lieberman won't matter.

We'll see how much stumping he gets from Republicans six years from now, but then maybe he was ready to retire anyway.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velcro
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for velcro   Email velcro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no real progress yet. But the only hope is to have centrists win seats instead of extremists. While I don't agree with a lot of what Republicans want to do, and I would prefer a left-centrist over a right-centrist, I would rather have a right-centrist than a left-extremist.
Posts: 2096 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

Me, I'd rather have someone who respects both their office and the public trust, and operates on their best judgement rather than trying to fit some "package" of Leftist, Rightist, or Centrist expectations.

Also...I would really like a pet dragon.

DaveS
unregistered

Cute when they're young, but I'm not sure which one is more dangerous as an adult.
KnightEnder
unregistered

Tony: "Naughty Emails." Nuff said?

Even Bill O is calling for this guy and anybody who knew and covered it up to be gone immediately.

Of course Ann Coulter is blaming it on the Democrats. I **** you not.

KE

IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure you keep plenty of food for it on hand Jesse because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

How'd you know?
IrishTD
Member # 2216

- posted      Profile for IrishTD   Email IrishTD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That whole meddling in the affairs of dragons thing. Learned quite a bit [Big Grin]
Posts: 825 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page