Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » GOP House leadership should resign (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: GOP House leadership should resign
DaveS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So the name leaked out and it appears that at least some, if not all, of the emails/IM's in question occurred after the guy turned 18. If Drudge has this right and they all occurred after he turned 18, some people are going to look downright silly at best and the backlash could start.
Sorry to frustrate you, G2, but ABC News is reporting:
quote:
Three more former congressional pages have come forward to reveal what they call "sexual approaches" over the Internet from former Congressman Mark Foley.

The pages served in the classes of 1998, 2000 and 2002. They independently approached ABC News after the Foley resignation through the Brian Ross & the Investigative Team's tip line on ABCNews.com. None wanted their names used because of the sensitive nature of the communications.

"I was seventeen years old and just returned to [my home state] when Foley began to e-mail me, asking if I had ever seen my page roommates naked and how big their penises were," said the page in the 2002 class.

The former page also said Foley told him that if he happened to be in Washington, D.C., he could stay at Foley's home if he "would engage in oral sex" with Foley

The more we learn, the more we don't want to know. This story has more legs than a tarantula.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"nationwide digital wire-sive ('tap' is far too precise a concept for what Bush has been doing)"

'sive' should read sieve.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Morally, it's disgusting, and if I were this Page's father, you're damn right I'd want to kick his ass...but it's the whole partisan political that I find overblown and quite hysterical."

It's a hoot, ain't it? But what can you expect? It's election season. Hell, McCain would probably be our president if Bush hadn't bush-whacked him in South Carolina:

Bush's campaign strategists, including Karl Rove, devised a push poll against John McCain. South Carolina voters were asked "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?". They had no interest in the actual percentages in the poll, the goal was to suggest that [McCain had a black child]. This was particularly vicious since McCain was campaining with his adopted [dark skinned] Bangladeshi daughter

Imagine: McCain instead of Double-Ought.

"a) Did you find the Clinton stuff overblown and quite hysterical?

b)As far as Monica goes? Absolutely."

Overblown? My understanding is that she was actually rather efficient and calm about the hole thing...

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Fox is a GOP propaganda machine far, far and above any alleigance CNN may have with the Dems.

Now, this is not just Foley, because GOP house leadership knew and failed to take effective action due to cronyism and sheer "I don't wanna get into that unpleasant business". That's a valid political point (especially since the GOP is always so high on morals and moraliziang) and no amount of hypocritical hand wringing is going to change that.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G2
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaveS:
Sorry to frustrate you, G2, but ABC News is reporting: ...

I'm not furstrated at all but I appreciate your concern, however misplaced it may be. After all, Foley did resign for a reason.
quote:
Originally posted by RickyB:
No, Fox is a GOP propaganda machine far, far and above any alleigance CNN may have with the Dems.

You may want to strap another layer of foil on your hat.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, any law-enforcement body may require an ISP to freeze transcription data on any site -- which is why I asked about any legal differentials between emails and 'instant messages'. In this this case, of course, it was AoL -- which just managed to publish the tracking data on 93,000,000 transactions with an oooops -- and a sudden rush to the boardroom to "reevaluate" corporate objectives [Wink] .

The Bush-Cheney administration is urging laws to expand ISP data-retention requirements -- which I'm sure they'll claim would have allowed them to catch all this diarrhea before the feces hit the fan.

Well, too late! Dey is now opposed to increasing ISP DRR [Mad] !

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wow Ricky, you guys really DO have some good weed in Israel..... [Razz] [LOL]

[ October 06, 2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Daruma28 ]

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I think CNN is catching up with fox now that the political tide is shifting...

ever try smoking weed in a tinfoil hat pipe?

which news oputlet is m,ore biased against one's preferred party/ depends on one's biax how biased one thinks they are.

but good weed helps

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Ken - when you joined us some 6000-odd posts ago, were you typing one-handed then too? 'Cause your typo-frequency seems to have reverted to form... (or maybe it's the painkillers...) [Smile]
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Daruma.
Sadly, nope. I mean, you can get good kind-bud, and when you do it's at prices that would make my NYC buddies want to convert and move here (about 12 bucks a gram, which comes to 340 bucks an ounce, for stuff that'll cost 50%-100% more in the north-east, and over here you can actually get it by the gram and get a big discount for buying a whole ounce), but the supply is very limited and irregular (mo-fo ain't had news for me in 3 weeks...).

I hear that prices in the southwest and northwest are much more reasonable though. How about Hawaii? Probably expensive like everything else there, although Hawaiian bud rocks.

Right now, it's tough to even get merch-grade weed over here, due to increased border vigilance on both northern and southern borders. Hash is obtainable (it being much easier to smuggle and all), but I much prefer the green to the brown.

The merch grade weed here (when we can get it) is not that good, but it's dirt cheap. I get 50 grams (1.75 Oz) for less than 50 bucks. Comparable stuff in NYC costs 5 times as much at least.

I miss Amsterdam. I want to go down to the corner shop and get a gram or two of Orangebud. Not even talking about Northern Lights or Purple Haze. <wistful emoticon>

[ October 06, 2006, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really good stuff - average wholesale street price: $500 - $550 oz. or usually $25 a gram. Thats top grade Hawaiian Homegrown or the equivalent indoors or .

I get it for $400 an oz. though, cause I know the right people. [Smile]

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"So Ken - when you joined us some 6000-odd posts ago, were you typing one-handed then too? 'Cause your typo-frequency seems to have reverted to form... (or maybe it's the painkillers...)'

ironic, yes?

i type small pots now, compered to mu usual novels. balances out.

pain-killers less influential than 1 hand type. their effect is probably more in my tone [less grumpy?]

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fewer adjectives, articles, adverbs and complex phrases too.
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

turrible, ain't it?
Liberal
Member # 2888

- posted      Profile for Liberal   Email Liberal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently it just came out that Hastert's Chief of Staff confronted Foley long before 2005 about the seriousness of Foley's various behaviors and what he considered to be a "negative trend."

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2006/10/07/a1.foley.1007.p1.php?section=nation_world

This will be the 2nd lie from Hastert's office. Why should we keep giving him the benefit of the doubt after all of these discrepencies?

[ October 07, 2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Liberal ]

Posts: 228 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

we won't. he's tast. but he must 'yield w/ dignity.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page