Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » paranoia and strange statistical spikes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paranoia and strange statistical spikes
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friend sent me the following:

<begin>
Puts forecast Oct. Surprise?

Is there a big bang coming to hit the markets? If you believe that those in the know use insider information before major events then you might be interested on the HUGE number of October 6th
put options for the big indexes.
Posted Oct 1, 2006 02:01 PM PST
Category: CURRENT EVENTS

Requires registering at the financial tracking site.
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=22476

(REPOST) PUTS FORECAST OCT. SURPRISE?
Sunday, October 01, 2006 - FreeMarketNews.com

INITIAL POST 09.30.06

A faithful reader and commentator, "A. Magnus" writes has written the following email, posted to FMNN General Feedback:

"Do you like October suprises? Is there a big bang coming to hit the markets? If you believe that those in the know use insider information before major events then you might be interested on the
HUGE number of October 6th put options for the big indexes. Check out the concentrated puts on the Diamonds DOW Trust (DIA):

https://fastquote.fidelity.com/webxpress/
ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=DIA

Ditto for the S&P Depository Receipts (SPY):

ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=SPY

And the NASDAQ (QQQQ):
ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=QQQQ

Even the Market Vectors Gold Miners has significant puts
for October
6th:

ia_optionchain_frameset.phtml?priced=Y&SID_VALUE_ID=GDX

Make no mistake - something wicked this way comes, and the smart money has already taken preventative steps."
<end>

One never knows, do one?

October 6th is a Friday.

"When Black Friday comes
I'll stand down by the door
And catch the grey men when they
Dive from the fourteenth floor
When Black Friday comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And before my friends find out
I'll be on the road"

'Black Friday', Steely Dan

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My house has plenty of windows in high places, so I'm ready to do my part.
Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy capes from Spiderman's, um, website.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can buy capes from Spiderman's, um, website.
Only if you tell me the color of Spiderman's cape. Answer carefully.
Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mu
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

It's purple. That's why he never wears it: it doesn't match his costume.

Next trick question?

[ October 02, 2006, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

wakeup
Member # 3081

- posted      Profile for wakeup   Email wakeup       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and kenmeer livermaile doesn't match this forum
Posts: 45 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the time and mental capacity for numbers, I'd love to apply chaos theory to this, KL. I'm fascinated.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Well, I just got it in my emailbox from someone who digs a bunch in the conspiracy fringe. Thought I'd post it so I could say 'told you so' when something or nothing significant happens.

Does this forum make my butt look big? Be honest. I'm a big girl. Well, not THAT big. You know what I mean...

[ October 05, 2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wakeup:
and kenmeer livermaile doesn't match this forum

But he does make it a funner place, so it all works out.
Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Isn't that supposed to be 'more funner'?
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very very quickly trolls unmask themselves.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"How very very quickly trolls unmask themselves."

Who is it? Did I miss something?

Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prolly.

Oh, next trick question....

How do the blind know when to stop wiping?

[ October 05, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Few people know that it was a blind person who first invented 'scratch'n'sniff'...

From when to stop to when to shop.

[ October 05, 2006, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How very very quickly trolls unmask themselves.
Are you talking about the internet forum kind or the homosexual kind?
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume it has to do with wakeup's flatterly of kenmeer.
Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wakeup
Member # 3081

- posted      Profile for wakeup   Email wakeup       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conclusions

In order for the tower to have collapsed "gravitationally", as we've been told over and over again, in the observed duration 10 seconds, one or more of the following zany-sounding conditions must have been met:

The undamaged floors below the impact zone offered zero resistance to the collapse
The glass and concrete spontaneously disintegrated without any expenditure of energy
On 9/11, gravity was much stronger than gravity
On 9/11, energy was not conserved
i think i have something to say here
only positive replies thanx
no smart arse chat room crap
now read and think

Posts: 45 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
only positive replies thanx

Ooo! Groupthink!
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

wakeup:

Anyonew who states the imperative 'now read and think' invites perfect contempt and that opposite of flattery -- to be ignored. My personal response to such arrogance is to invite you to experience a freefall collapse on your rectum.

I have no conclusions that I feel are necessary to reach on this matter. Endless speculations, changing conclusions, periods of obsessive fascination, and periods of complete disinterest will continue as they have n the past.

When or if I muster the interested concerntration to ponder the math of the freefall/gravity/conservation of energy aspects of the pancake theory, I will do so. I referenced a page that did just that in some detail on your thread of initial volley. Those of us who wish can study such things of their own volition, gratitude owed to your instigation notwithstanding.

And now, I for one will resume smart ass chat room crap, for it inspires me to read and think.

As for what Jess refers to, I've no clue. The trouble with cryptic comments is they're so... cryptic. Perhaps there's a clue in the repittion of the word 'very'?

I go now to a surgery unit, unconsciousness, and a tendon repair.

Tom Curtis
Member # 2730

- posted      Profile for Tom Curtis   Email Tom Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kenmeer, hope the operation goes well.
Posts: 1208 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

..it went swell. Hey, has 'Blck Friday' hppened yet?
Jesse
Member # 1860

Hey, I tip-toe pretty close to a rule sometimes but I do try not to break them.
wakeup
Member # 3081

go now to a surgery unit, unconsciousness, and a tendon repair.
so witty i can hardly contain myself
remember we are talking about bush

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
begone, foul shade! The name of the Mod compels you! The name of the Mod compels you! Splash, Splash, Splash!
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"so witty i can hardly contain myself"

paregoric works for me when i experience incontinence of wit. makes me delerious AND stifles my stool.

YOU are talking about bush. we are talking about "many things, fools and kings"

i am, although 50, nonetheless "a very strange enchanted boy, (whom) they say he wandered very far, very far over land and sea, a little shy and sad of eye"

and very wise of ass was me...

[ October 06, 2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

just curious. seems crazy but the only reading i can get on cryptic uunmasking is that maybe i'm really wakeup?

it would be TOO funy if anyone really thought this was the case. but then, i'm high on oxycodone right now, so my decryption skills are awry.

'sides, everyone knows i'm monsieur dey.

[ October 06, 2006, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wel,l that's because you're everyone, kenmeer. Don't you think I know that the only people really on this forum are you and me? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and me. or you?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Correction: the only people really on this forum
is you and me, for you and I be one.

We and I, however, are three.

And me am three.

'holy trinity, batman -- the joker thinks he's the godhead!'

'only to the textent he believes the bible is retranslated correctly.'

gotham city may be/in NYC, but thr bat cave is under temple square, SLC.

(*textent: strictly fortuitous typo)

wakeup
Member # 3081

Fortunately the collapse of WTC Building 7 sheds new light on this subject.

Situated across Vesey Street and separated from the North Tower by Building 6,which did not itself collapse, even after sustaining extensive damage from fire and falling debris, WTC 7 showed no significant damage at all in photos taken just before it collapsed. There were a few internal fires, but they weren't large enough or hot enough to even break out the windows. Significantly, this 47-story monolith collapsed completely and uniformly straight down in less than seven seconds. Totally! The whole thing was sheared to the ground! The article states "NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated." Working hypothesis? Is that anything like a conspiracy theory? What evidence is offered to support this?

The unavoidable facts are that an airplane did not strike WTC
7, the discreet distance separating it from the North Tower protected it from falling debris, and there was absolutely no evidence of structural damage.

Conspicuous by its absence is any mention in the article about the stunningly short time span of the collapse. Quite possibly the under-seven-second swiftness was too much for even the "working hypothesis" to explain. Anyone with basic logic skills now knows that this was, in fact, a controlled demolition; and happily this reinforces suspicions about the towers too.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"and happily this reinforces suspicions about the towers too."

Happily reinforced suspicions are relatively impervious to collapse by their own gravitas, but levity can float them so high up in the clouds that they lose their footing and topple over sideways.

TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyone with basic logic skills now knows...
Why is it that this sort of argument is used more often the weaker and less universally-accepted the assertion is?
Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like "textent," KL. How are you feeling?
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

325 milligram oxycodones are swell buddies, cp. Whimpering ironic asides: I like recovering from surgery way, I mean WAY better, than recovering from one of my medium-to-above grade nosebleeds, which I get several times a week.

Whimpering asides aside, recent realizations on my part of how very very debilitating chronically recurrent epistaxes are to me, have inspired me to write a letter to all doctors and my insurance company sent cc so that everyone can feel their shame and fear my wrath.

I'll have 'em thinking about malpractice prospects by the time they're through.

I want my laser cautery and I want it NOW!!! (NOW!!! meaning no later than December 31st.)

maybe i can sick wakeup on 'em too? [Wink] if i am to have an alleged alter ego, i might as well get some work out of it.

Speaking of alleged alter egos: DEY!!! when I finish my letter, would you critique it for me? I want the screw to turn so deep in their bowls they'll think they drank a whole new kinda vodka gimlet... something tells me Dey has had some refining experience in shafting those who wouldst shaft him.

When the dust ettles, I'ma send 'em all a box of ye old ex-lax chocolates in a Whitman sampler box with the caveat: for medicinal purposes only.

[ October 07, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page