Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Right now, the worst... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Right now, the worst...
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that commerical really bothered me.

I mean, there wasn't any twist or anything. It would have been better had, in the locker room, some reference to what had been mentioned in that classroom had been important, but instead, it was just... nothing. Not important.

That is the stupidest thing you could possibly show people, especialyl considering how unrealistic it is. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who made such a stupid commerical were, in fact, stupid. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard "Goodbye my lover" for the first time today, and his voice makes me sad on the inside. (obviously, I don't listen to the radio a lot)

I do have hope for the music industry, though. Natasha Bedingfield is the first music artist whose music I've ever fallen in love with. Ever.

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa M., his voice is sad, and I could handle it on "You're Beautiful." But there's something about the lack of a melody on GBML that grates.

Bedingfield's first hit is good -- they just overplayed the heck out of it, alas.

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny CP, we agree on so much. We've even talked about that fact before for those of you who don't know. I guess beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CP, that's why I don't listen to the radio.

Well, unless I'm in the car. But then I listen to classic rock, so I don't hear too many new releases.

There are so many places in GBML where I just want his voice to go up just a bit more, but it doesn't, and it just sounds wrong. And I get very, very angry.

Bedingfield's album "Unwritten" is amazing. I've listened to it tons of time but haven't gotten sick of any of the songs. Then again, that doesn't mean that anyone else will like it - but I suggest giving it a try [Smile]

I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because I first heard her song on my own, picked up her album, and loved it.

Right now, the worst way to get me interested in music is to tell me how great it is and make me listen to it and then go "Great, isn't it? Now listen to the next track, you'll love this...." as I try to keep myself from punching you in the face.

Right now, the worst way for anyone to get on my good side is to presume that they know what I like. I think it's because my dad did that for twenty years ("Lisa likes A, this other person who likes A also likes B, so Lisa likes B" kind of logic). He finally stopped when I beat some sense into him after he deduced that I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" because it has Japanese people in it, and I like a few Japanese movies.

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

Okay, so GBML is not the worst song on the radio right now.

I just heard Nick Lachey's new song, but I don't know what it's called because the radio-man didn't tell me.

Basically, he sounds like a high school underclassmen who's performing at the school talent show. Sound quality is bad, the song is pretty bad, and it honestly sounds like his voice is cracking and he's going through puberty.

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's why so many 12 year old girls can't get enough of it. Perhaps I should read the writing on the wall -- I'm way too old for pop music.

(But just to save face, I have listened for years because I wanted to stay in touch with what my students were listening to. And not everything's awful. I love "Steady As She Goes" by the Raconteurs. It makes me wish I were 17 again!)

Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, it's a darn good tune.

Jack White writes pop that isn't complete crap, but is still pop.

Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harmony
Member # 2020

- posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"what is your worst annoyance right now? Book, TV, song, whatever.... "

Certainly not James Blunt ! He is very popular in France, too.

The worst annoyance for me : news on tv ! That's violent and painful.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.woyx.com
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page