Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Everard and Javelin show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everard and Javelin show
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you two. Before this gets dirty take it off the other threads, please. It seems like very little things are simmering mighty hot between you two right now. For the sake of Ornery, chill before this blows up.
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough. I'm done.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You shouldn't be. You still owe me a response to an email from about 12 days ago.

You also need to recognize that you were asserting I was making an argument I explicitly said I wasn't multiple times.

You also need to understand that you broke the rules, since you are the enforcer of those rules, and I don't think you do

[ October 09, 2006, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Everard ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Jav's the enforcer of the rules? When did we learn that?

I'm glad to see this wasn't all about my little
"freedom" comment. I was confused for a sec there.

KE

Redskullvw
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KE

Pay attention to the trivial details.

Posts: 6333 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Sorry, grandma dying, work, kids (Little John's got his first serious girlfriend), war with North Korea, Iraq, I'm dealing with a lot of **** here.

KE

0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, John! I can offer nothing but my udnerstanding. I lost my grandmother a few years ago.

War with N. Korea seems likely at this point. Well. I suspect we'll probably have a draft. Even I might go, though I doubt they'd take me (too overweight... eesh. Damn you, cookies! I'm also wearing entirely blue today, so I look kinda like the Cookie Monster... ugh.)

OH! At firrst I thought this said the "Everard and Pete" show. I only just now realized that it says something different. Wow, looks like my subconscious made an assumption. lol, I feel like a dunce now...

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, remind me when was the last time a nuclear power underwent regime change by force?

What has the Gipper taught you people? You don't need to make war on communism to bring it down.

So they have nukes. What they gonna do? Threaten to nuke Seoul? Tokyo? What exactly can they do with this bomb? Actually, what the Gipper would have done is goad NK into spending their last pennies on nukes in order to hasten the economic collapse (and I'm not totally sure that's not what's happening, although that would be an unprecedented feat of subtlety for this administration).

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velcro
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for velcro   Email velcro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since they have no money, they might be tempted to sell it to someone who is not afraid to use it.
Posts: 2096 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm probably most afraid of.

The only way someone can expect to nuke us and not get killed for it is if it could somehow be anonymous. Is it possible for a terrorist to buy a North Korean nuke and shoot it at the US from the ocean? If not from a ship, how about some small deserted island? How about a submarine?

If we get nuked from some odd coordinate in the Pacific Ocean, what are we going to do to retaliate? Who would we get? Heck, forget someone buying it from North Korea. What if North Korea PAYED some "terrorist" to do it? How would we ever know?

MAD only works when there's no hiding the fact that you sent the first missile. If it's at all possible to hide that fact, how can the destruction be mutually assured unless we destroy the whole planet?

Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why do you think Bush is trying to get to Mars?
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetterRip
Member # 310

- posted      Profile for LetterRip   Email LetterRip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOJ,

I vaguely recall that plutonium and other nuclear material has a signature based on the reactor it was refined in or where it was mined (can't recall which). So if NK sold a nuke and it was used it would be traced back to them.

LetterRIp

Posts: 8287 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

I think I've heard that, too LetterRip. But do we actually know the signatures of the North Korean and Iranian reactors? What if the signature came up as "unknown"? Would we assume it was an undisclosed N.K. reactor or Iranian or some other country that's kept it under wraps?
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"why do you think Bush is trying to get to Mars?"

i thought it was to make x-sure saddam didn' hide WMDs there?

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page