Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Lidle Passport

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lidle Passport
holosuite
Member # 3094

- posted      Profile for holosuite         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another magic passport a la 9/11 hijacker?
Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holosuite
Member # 3094

Who brings their passport on a flight from Jersey to Tenn?
Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OhPuhLeez
Member # 1597

- posted      Profile for OhPuhLeez   Email OhPuhLeez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone who lives in NYC, needs ID to fly (yes you need ID to fly a private plane) and doesn't drive (many New Yorkers don't) and so doesn't keep a current drivers license.

But I could be wrong.

Posts: 1258 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holosuite
Member # 3094

Makes sense, thou whats the difference between passport renewal time vs driver's licence renewal time? Also it's a little strange albiet not impossible that the passport survived the crash being only a lamenated piece of paper.
Zyne
Member # 117

- posted      Profile for Zyne   Email Zyne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I got a drivers license, it took about 6 weeks to get via mail. I got my passport in person before 9/11, it took a day. I think passports run about 2 weeks to get now.
Posts: 4003 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ohio DL are good fro 4 years. I am pretty sure that passports are good for 10.

I can renew my DL by going to the DMV and getting a new pic taken and an eye test. I think you can renew your passport by just filling in the application and sending it in.

The passport was not the only thing that survived. It actually does not surprise me. It was probably in his luggage in the storage compartment of the plane and that would be most likely to survive.

Would you be suspicious if no ID was found?

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holosuite
Member # 3094

Makes sense in the Lidle case. But what about a case where the luggage compartment of the plane didnt survive and the passport was the only thing that survived?
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about a case where the plane was flown by little green aliens?
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holosuite
Member # 3094

"What about a case where the plane was flown by little green aliens?"

The difference between your hypothetical and my question is just that. Your post is hypothetical while my question is reguarding a actual case. I know of instance of planes ever being flown by aliens.

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and this would have anything to do with the Lidle crash because..?
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holo,

I am not sure I understand your question. Is it a hypothetical one? If so, if the only thing that survived a plane crash was someones passport, I might be suspicious.

However, in this real life situation, I am not sure what you are saying. The passport was not the only thing found. There was lots of debris. Didn't they find the bodies of the pilot and passanger? Why do you have such a problem with this? Famous people have died before flying their own planes. JFK Jr. and John Denver are two that come to mind.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holosuite
Member # 3094

"I am not sure I understand your question. Is it a hypothetical one?"
No not at all
"Makes sense in the Lidle case."
Like I said case closed in reguards to Lidle.
"However, in this real life situation, I am not sure what you are saying"
Im sorry I should have been more clear. I was refering to 9/11.
" If so, if the only thing that survived a plane crash was someones passport, I might be suspicious."
well start your suspicion because that is exactly what happened.
"and this would have anything to do with the Lidle crash because..?"
I thought the cases were simular but I guess with m2's enlightenment, they're not. My mistake. Donald Duck why do you have such a problem with my arguement that you resort to bringing up aliens.

DonaldD
Member # 1052

Umm... how old are you?
holosuite
Member # 3094

23 how old are you?
msquared
Member # 113

Holo

Ok, I guess I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

I guess you are refering to something along the line of "The reason we know so and so was on the planes that hit the WTC was that we found their passport in the rubble." Is that the link you were trying to make?

I am not being dismissive here. I think much of the attitude is that we were not making the connection you wanted us to make. I think that you may have been working from some assumptoins of knowledge of events that is not accurate.

For example, I think you believe that some passports were found in the WTC collapse that were used to identify the highjackers. I am not commenting on the truth of this statement, just that I think you believe this.

I say this becuase if you believe this, and find that fact to be suspicious, the rest of your thread comes into, I feel, a different light.

msquared

holosuite
Member # 3094

"I am not commenting on the truth of this statement"
Would you?

DonaldD
Member # 1052

"23 how old are you?"

Let's just say that I'm old enough not to lamely try to make fun of someone because of their name.

Didn't you outgrow that in the third grade? Frankly, I'm a little embarassed for you.

msquared
Member # 113

Holo

I would if I had any knowledge on the subject. I do not. I admit my ignorance on that specific topic.

If you have an example of one of the highjackers being indentified by a passport that survived the crash, a link would be nice. However, if several passports were found, one of which belonged to a highjacker, that is a mark against your theory.

If they had found all 19 passports, pristine and looking new, then you would have a case.

msquared

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page