Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » I dream of Ornery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I dream of Ornery
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I dreamed that I was in a library and just looking over some books. I made some "how's it going" type comment to another patron and he responded with something so obtuse and possibly poetic that I turned to him and asked, "Kenmeer, is that you?"

He and I had a good little conversation. He was just passing through Utah and just happened to be a fan of libraries I guess. I woke up wondering what my life has come to when I dream of Ornery, especially at a time when I have hardly been visiting this place.

Anyone else dream of Ornery?

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not memorably, but it has expanded my scope of interests, changed some opinions, and firmed up others.

It has provoked me to concretize a lot of crap that's been trailing behind me like dust particles! Ornery provides a box form into which amorphous thoughts have to be fitted. It has inspectors lurking around, constantly checking for product uniformity [Big Grin] .

On the other foot, if there's a 'subconscious', well, Ornery might well be it, so a nightmare now and then -- like being thrown out of a library for talking to Oz -- is to be expected [Wink] .

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do. I also have started recognizing OA voices in some of the fiction I read, either as an author's voice or as a character's voice.
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vaguely remember Funean yelling at me about shoes in one dream.

Seriously. In the dream, I was shoe shopping, and Funean kept yelling about how the shoes I was picking out weren't good enough.

Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was she right?
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa M.
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for Lisa M.   Email Lisa M.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember any of the shoes in the dream, so I don't know. All I remember is Funean popping out from nowhere going "You're too good for those shoes!" and then disappearing again for a few minutes before popping out of nowhere again.
Posts: 845 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also dream of Funean...
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rightleft22
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for rightleft22   Email rightleft22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreaming of shoes is actually very common and often connected with what we think or should be thinking about our current circumstances/beliefs.
The ‘soul’ of the foot, that which connects us to the earth, is encased in a shoe to protect it. Some shoes fit better then others, some we wear even though they hurt...

Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Kenmeer, is that you?"

That's it. Now I KNOW what I'm dressing up for this Halloween: Rod Serling.

doo-DEE-doo-doo doo-DEE-doo-doo...

And yes, that sounds like me. I'm just as... weird... in real life. For that reason, I mostly stick to one-liners in public. But if one makes the mistake of inviting more... caveat emptor.

"I also dream of Funean..."

How can one NOT? In red shoes...

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm... there's no place like home, there's NO place like home... but weren't those ruby, Oz?

(I don't even know what this means...)

Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It means we're not in Kansas anymore, and would that we were. But we can't go back, because there's no place like home.

So make yourself comfortable right here.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did Funean move to Kansas?
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

That's a long story... I'd tell it if I only had a brain, but I don't. C'est la vie.
Funean
Member # 2345

- posted      Profile for Funean   Email Funean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the shoes have really high heels?

That was me.

Posts: 5277 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onelowerlight
Member # 3037

- posted      Profile for onelowerlight   Email onelowerlight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"mmmm... there's no place like home, there's NO place like home... but weren't those ruby, Oz?"

Actually, in the original book, they were Silver. Some people think that The Wizard of Oz is a political parable for the early 20th century, in which the free silver debate was represented by the silver slippers, the gold standard by the yellow brick road, industry by the tin man, agriculture by the scarecrow, different presidents by the different witches...

Yeah, I haven't been here too long, but I can see how you can get really involved on a message board - especially one that discusses controversial subjects. I've been on the FAIR boards for a while, and it's the same way. Funny how the two taboo subjects of Religion and Politics are the ones that seem to make some of the most successful internet message boards...

[ October 17, 2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: onelowerlight ]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love FAIR, I went to the conference last year and listened to my now favorite LDS thinker, Blake Ostler.
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpsanusTau
Member # 2350

- posted      Profile for OpsanusTau   Email OpsanusTau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, have dreamed of Funean - most recently, she had written an extremely erudite (and of course much acclaimed) article published in Nature.

I also dreamed of Mr Livermaile, but that was only after he so suddenly popped by association in my Real Life (what up, Oz?).

Posts: 3791 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Hopefully, in a few more days, I'll have some real functionality again and won't spend most of my time qat Ornery or reading books (like House of War by James Carroll).

I'm like heroin: you'll miss me when I'm gone but you're not sure how much more of me you can take [Wink]

I read that Nature article:

'On Natural Selection In Highly-Heeled Red Shoe Styles: a Refutation of Intelligent Design on the Part of Shoe-Makers'

You'll find I mentioned my associatiative pop-up in your real life in the thread on Studds. Search for the words A father with a big hunting kife(sic) You know me and typos.

The scarves have all been folded, but there are a plethora of shoes needing assessment...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page