Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Children of Men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Children of Men
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this looks to be an interesting movie. I heard about it a little while ago, but after seeing the trailer (right before Man of the Year started. Fun little flick, that) I find that I really can't wait for Christmas to come so I can watch this movie.

So, the plot is, that in the year 2009, all women stop being able to have children.

The movie starts in 2027, in the essentially hopeless dystopian future that this whole "last generation of humanity" is living through. The main character ends up learning that, suddenly, there's a woman who is pregnant.

Interesting things appear to happen afterward, but I'm uncertain (as I haven't seen the movie yet.)

So... besides finding this movie incredibly interesting, I want to ask you guys... what do you think would happen if humans stopped being able to procreate, right now?

What would happen to humanity in the last century of our survival?

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie looks really interesting.

And we'd probably clone and birth humans in cows or something, I think science could keep us rolling.

Also, there'd be a lot more firebombs and indiscriminate sex, which would make things exciting.

Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd breed children through a gimmicky plot device...
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...it's only the evil twins who can reproduce!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb & Jenna?
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colin JM0397
Member # 916

- posted      Profile for Colin JM0397   Email Colin JM0397   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Chelsea...
Cue the cheesy 70's disco lesbain groove!

Posts: 4738 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page