Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » what the f--- is it with Americans and banning things??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what the f--- is it with Americans and banning things???
Athelstan
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for Athelstan   Email Athelstan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion but I too have tried both. It’s my opinion that Marmite is vile but it is ambrosia compared with Vegemite. My Australian Sister-in –law on her last visit brought Vegemite to try to convert me. She also brought a large fly, how she got that through Customs is a mystery, in a matchbox to scare me. Both attempts failed.

Posts: 715 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never tried Marmite but I have tried Vegemite. I didn't much like Vegemite. I hear the Marmite is a bit sweeter, but I probably won't get to find out until I take a trip to England now.
Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Curtis
Member # 2730

- posted      Profile for Tom Curtis   Email Tom Curtis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO Marmite has more of a cloying taste than Vegemite, which is much sharper. Neither is what I would call sweet. Again, IMO, with a taste as strong as Vegemite or Marmite, you don't want the taste to be cloying.

I think the relevant facts are, those raised on Vegemite prefer Vegemite to Marmite and vice versa; and those raised on Vegemite love Vegemite, while those raised on Marmite like it as an occasional spread.

Posts: 1208 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And those gentlemen who eat frogs, having been brought up on cheeses medically unsuited for human consumption, prefer those. [Big Grin]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page