Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Harold Ford, Jr.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harold Ford, Jr.
Paladine
Member # 1932

- posted      Profile for Paladine   Email Paladine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I see this gentleman he impresses me tremendously. I hope he wins Bill Frist's seat in the United States Senate and does a better job for that state and this country than his predecessor.

Does anyone else think that Congressman Ford might be a rising star in the Democratic Party?

Posts: 3235 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enumclaw
Member # 876

- posted      Profile for Enumclaw   Email Enumclaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all... long time no log on. I was searching for an old post to quote on my blog (www.pcox.net/blog) and thought I'd pop my head in here.

Ford's okay, but he's got too many conservative leanings on some positions for the Democratic party on the whole.

Plus he's got family issues- the Fords are a tad on the crooked side, and the last thing the Dems want is another deal where he's hounded endlessly over ticky-tacky stuff that his dad or uncle did.

He's got a definite future, especially if he wins this time around, but probably not going to be a superstar in the long term, IMO.

Paul
Seattle, wA

Posts: 1656 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A blast from the past! Good to see you, Paul. [Smile]
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God! I was getting worried about you. Especially after that Standoff episode where the air traffice controller goes nuts.

On the introduction thread I told a guy that just moved up there to try and find you.

Hope you are doing well. Don't be a stranger.

Things have actually gotten better here.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 1411

- posted      Profile for John L   Email John L   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enumclaw:
Hi all... long time no log on. I was searching for an old post to quote on my blog (www.pcox.net/blog) and thought I'd pop my head in here.

Ford's okay, but he's got too many conservative leanings on some positions for the Democratic party on the whole.

Plus he's got family issues- the Fords are a tad on the crooked side, and the last thing the Dems want is another deal where he's hounded endlessly over ticky-tacky stuff that his dad or uncle did.

He's got a definite future, especially if he wins this time around, but probably not going to be a superstar in the long term, IMO.

Paul
Seattle, wA

It's good to see that you were not involved with that horse/man relationship, in which the fellow had his insides 'screwed' up, pardon the pun. We were worried about you there for a while. [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 885 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowden
Member # 407

- posted      Profile for Snowden   Email Snowden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something morally light-weight about Harold Ford Jr. I think he lacks the capacity to say or implement any profound program.

KnightEnder,

I really like Standoff. It may just be because the red head is watchable: pretty, with a nice voice and body language.

[ October 27, 2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Snowden ]

Posts: 971 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Just saw him for the first time on Bill Maher. And I like him a lot.

The GOP is running a commercial with a naked looking white women saying "Call me Harold" because he once went to a Super Bowl party thrown by Playboy.

Ford replied: "I've made it clear from the beginning; I like football, and I like women. And that goes down well here (in Tennessee)."

I also liked his politics.

KE

Snowden
Member # 407

- posted      Profile for Snowden   Email Snowden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is not a bad guy, I just find him a moral lightweight. For example, he should acknowledge at some point that Playboy, to a certain degree, trades on the objectification of women and the lower appetites of our people. He doesn't have to say that he is sorry for going to the party, but he can still validate the concerns of people who think that supporting Playboy is a morally suspicious activity.

[ October 28, 2006, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Snowden ]

Posts: 971 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Lower appetites of people. Is that what men liking to look at women is called nowadays? I know they objectify women, but it's not Hustler and the women aren't forced. Our whole society objecifies women.

Maybe that's because it's natural and good to like to look at women?

Maybe that's because sex is natural and good. Not a 'sin'.

I'm sorry, what is it that Playboy does that is 'bad' again?

KE

Snowden
Member # 407

quote:
Is that what men liking to look at women is called nowadays?
It's why we don't appreciate Peeping Toms or oglers. As to posing for Playboy being voluntary, in theory, so is prostitution, but I'm not in a hurry to smile upon the practice. There aren't too many 10 year old girls who want to grow up and be a nudy model, and there aren't too many parents who want their daughter to be a pin-up girl, which makes me think that the lion's share of these girls are moved into the trade as a matter of economic necessity rather than dignity. It's not all bad, and I'm sure that to a lot of the girls, when they do a cost benefit analysis, find the money is worth it, and it's just another job, but the industry is tainted enough such that it should give good people, and good politicians reservations.

[ October 28, 2006, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Snowden ]

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stripping can't be any worse than telephonically invading household after household after household after household after household after household after household after household after household after household after household after household after and working hard to make them like you long enugh complete a survey.

And it DEFINITELY pays better.

I say: don't look at strippers if ya don't wanna, but that's no reason to look DOWN on them.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowden
Member # 407

About the add, it's totally to play up fears of miscegenation, and it may be good enough to get those two or three percentage points.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page