Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Proof that God Exists

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proof that God Exists
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessica Simpson - Her looks and voice.

Kate Beckinsdale

Rainbows

Eyes

The USA (Sappy, but I'm a patriot)

My sons (awww! Sorry for being so sappy, but they are tops of this list. If it was in order. Okay, behind Kate.)

Dogs

The Eye of God (or whatever the official name is for that thing in deep space you can see with the Hubble. Why else would it be so breathtaking beautiful if God didn't know we would eventually see it some day?)

Baseball/Craig Biggio

Morphine/Vicodin

Silly thread, but what makes you thank God for?

KE

[ October 25, 2006, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: KnightEnder ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife
My kid
Weed
The prospect of infinite learning
Humor
Sports
Beauty

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NSCutler
Member # 1403

- posted      Profile for NSCutler   Email NSCutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the existence of Jessica Simpson is proof of God, is not the existence of Ashley Simpson proof of a capricious and malicious God?
Posts: 789 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thrasymachus
Member # 3090

- posted      Profile for Thrasymachus   Email Thrasymachus       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neice and nephews
Hope of a better tommorrow
Intelligent and rational discourse
Unintelligent and irrational intercourse
Babies over three months old (any smaller and they scare me)
Sunsets or Sunrises when the light gets just that incredible shade of... sunset or sunrise.
Really good thunderstorms

Posts: 199 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No proof but, on occsion, a deeply cherished notion.

sunset on extremely cold clear winter days when the horizon extends electrically pink halfway up the dome of sky...

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A frosty cold sunny Saturday morning, with a fresh 4 " layer of snow on the ground. A nice fire in the fire place, a mug of hot chocolate(made with milk) and my wife at my side, my dog at my feet and my kids at the grandparents.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleh, I thought this was going to be a good thread.
Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Babel fish. Anything that is that unlikely to exist that exists is proof that God exists and created that unlikely existence.
Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TommySama:
The Babel fish. Anything that is that unlikely to exist that exists is proof that God exists and created that unlikely existence.

lol
Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

Before I tell you to stick it LF, what disappointed you about this thread?

KE

winkey151
Member # 2910

- posted      Profile for winkey151   Email winkey151   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have proof that God is good...

If he was mean he could have made all of our arms too short to wipe our own hind parts or our fingers too big to fit in our nostrils.

Then all of us would have to rely on others to wipe us and heavens knows how we would pick our noses. [Eek!]

Posts: 865 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blessed
Member # 2518

- posted      Profile for Blessed   Email Blessed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My proof for God's existence is the fact that Knight Ender has posted proof for God's existence!
[Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Then all of us would have to rely on others to wipe us and heavens knows how we would pick our noses. "

With the incredibly long tongues he gave us out of spite.

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joy and peace
Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
Joy and peace

Girls you 'know'?
winkey151
Member # 2910

- posted      Profile for winkey151   Email winkey151   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TommySama:
"Then all of us would have to rely on others to wipe us and heavens knows how we would pick our noses. "

With the incredibly long tongues he gave us out of spite.

Tommy that was gross, now go to your room without dinner. [Eek!]
Posts: 865 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

"Tommy that was gross, now go to your room without dinner. "

Whatever, MOM! I'LL JUST STARVE TO DEATH!

*stomps up the stairs and slams the door*

To myself, quietly, "good thing it's allergy season"

Lick... Lick...

LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

quote:
Originally posted by KnightEnder:
Before I tell you to stick it LF, what disappointed you about this thread?

KE

I thought it was going to be someone claiming they had real proof and I was going to have fun picking the arguments apart. Instead it turned out to be either a sarcastic jab at religion, or good natured "what are you thankful for" sort of thread depending on your outlook on the subject.
Everard
unregistered

Msquared-
Take away the wife part, add girlfriend, ignore the kids cause we ain't got none yet, (thankfully) and put some vanilla in that hot chocolate and I'm right there with you.

Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Linux.
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot music and really good food :-)
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

quote:
Take away the wife part, add girlfriend, ignore the kids
No idea what you are talking about Ev, but I'm with you. [Big Grin]

KE

rightleft22
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for rightleft22   Email rightleft22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain and the ability to reshape it and become something more then we were.
Proof that God is good ???

Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page