Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » DNC Campaigning across the nation. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DNC Campaigning across the nation.
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better hurry before you get banned!
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the concern Fun, but it was carelessness this time, not oppression. Stupid internet connection! That back button is constantly making me double post. Thought I erased it this time, but oh well.

quote:
PS - Just out of curiousity, are your fellow disciples of Bhuddism also Democrats? Afterall, it was the Bhuddist temple in CA that acted as an illegal campaign contribution laundry machine for Clinton/Gore...
Is it the default political persuasion for your fellow Bhuddists?

Well, its a fallacy to equate religions to specific political parties. I know plenty of sangha members of all political stripes. That said, pretty much any religion that isn't Christian tends to default to the democratic party. The over-riding political interests a religious group can be said to have is the right to freely practice, and the GOP represents a real threat to that (for us non-Christians). For me personally, this is a big issue.

Plus, two major teachings of the Buddha are compassionate action for the less fortunate, and the joys of renunciation. In other words, keep only what you need, and give the rest to others. Politicians who endlessly lament having tax money help the poor don't really speak to this ideal very well. IMO.

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page