Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » The system only works... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The system only works...
TomDavidson
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Javelin lost, forever, any right to my trust....
Ev, seriously, it's a web forum.
You know how silly Pete's accusations of blood libel and paranoid fears of anti-Pete cabals sound? Things like "Javelin has forever lost my trust..." based on an email exchange, while I know they're intended to convey some sense of the seriousness of the situation from your perspective, just make you seem really goofy.

[ October 27, 2006, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 22935 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
Javelin lost, forever, any right to my trust....
Ev, seriously, it's a web forum.
You know how silly Pete's accusations of blood libel and paranoid fears of anti-Pete cabals sound? Things like "Javelin has forever lost my trust..." based on an email exchange, while I know they're intended to convey some sense of the seriousness of the situation from your perspective, just make you seem really goofy.

Eh, I dunno, the more I read, the more this makes sense to me. At first, I didn't know many details.

I don't see why we can't just update the rules at the very least... it does seem a little unfair to be suspending people for things that they didn't have any reason to suspect would get them banned (even if only temporarily).

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but his interpretation of "best interests of teh board." A phrase so broad as to be useless.
Like general welfare. [Smile]
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how we get to observe the inner workings of a public whine.

"Fruity, yet sharp..."

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. And we were having some fun for awhile. Then we went back to taking this shyte seriously....

You get banned for a week or a month, whippee. Get over it. Hey, mod would you ban me? Please? I promise I'll do something really really bad.

Egos get bruised sometimes.

They heal if you stop picking at the injury... if not, it just gets worse.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
infected...diseased...festering and oozing malcontent like an eye full of rheum.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hey you. Yeah. You with the twitchy eye. Stop picking. Better yet, go get a rheum awreddy."

[ October 28, 2006, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

As he shut the door, he saw the object of his desire in the mirror, a mote lodged in it's yearning creaminess. Slowly, tentatively, he extended a finger to probe the pussy area, hoping to finally find the mote in all the confusion, knowing that it would take everything to a whole new level....

---

Ah, beeer...

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"Fruity, yet sharp..."

Farty, yet shrewd...

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"Ah, beeer..."

And why beholdest thou the Molson that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the Jim Beam that is in thine own eye?

canadian
Member # 1809

Farthing, yet shilled
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Frothing, yet sloshed...
canadian
Member # 1809

Fjording, yet stalled
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is going on? Is this the new thread title poetry alternative?
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"*shrug* I didn't, because the user agreement and rules specifically refer to "posts" being moderated."

So, after being a jerk in public and being told to stop, you decided to be a jerk in private, in the process indicating you would continue being a jerk in public, and got sent off to jail.

But someone forgot to rad you your Miranda rights and you're back on the streets kicking up sand again.

And the prosecuting attorney decides that this time he'll make the case solid and nail you hard next time you offend.

Repeat offenders always blame the judge...

canadian
Member # 1809

iSth iSth E

newt h
read: tit

'le Poe'
try

Alter Native

?

[ October 28, 2006, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: canadian ]

pickled shuttlecock
Member # 1093

- posted      Profile for pickled shuttlecock   Email pickled shuttlecock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is hijacking a thread a bannable offense?
Posts: 1392 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadian
Member # 1809

It is if we're such monkeys we make bananas of sense.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Place 20 monkeys in a room full of type-bananas...
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

I go now. Kenmeer tired.
canadian
Member # 1809

And stereo-types...need toons to create a mockery of monkery!
canadian
Member # 1809

Canadian Wired
canadian
Member # 1809

Ferry Isthmus to awl (and to wall) a Good Knight!

[ October 28, 2006, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: canadian ]

DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of them as the coolant or carbon rods in a nuclear reactor...
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

"Coolant or carbon?"

Haven't heard *that* in a grocery store checkout lane in a while...

[ October 28, 2006, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page