Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Rush Limbaugh Shows His Ass Again - Attacks Michael J. Fox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Shows His Ass Again - Attacks Michael J. Fox
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rush Limbaugh said the following about Michael J. Fox who has Parkinson's Disease and who filmed a political add for a democrat.
quote:
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
I have followed Fox's career and I have also seen the behind the scenes show detailing how he had to give up his very successful television and movie career because of the disease.

Is Rush still on drugs? If not, how else can you explain such a grotesque appalling statement? Oh yeah, politics.

quote:
"This is the only time I've ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has," Limbaugh said. "He can barely control himself."
quote:
"Anyone who knows the disease well would regard his movement as classic severe Parkinson's disease," said Elaine Richman, a neuroscientist in Baltimore who co-wrote "Parkinson's Disease and the Family." "Any other interpretation is misinformed."
Misinformed or Rush is just plain evil. At what point do you cross the line to making fun of people with a humiliating debilitating deadly disease for the sake of PARTISAN POLITICS? No wonder Rush needed drugs to sleep at night.

quote:
After his apology, Limbaugh shifted his ground and renewed his attack on Fox.
"Now people are telling me they have seen Michael J. Fox in interviews and he does appear the same way in the interviews as he does in this commercial," Limbaugh said, according to a transcript on his Web site. "All right then, I stand corrected. . . . So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act."IF? IF? After all that the bastard has the nerve to QUALIFY his apology? What a dick!

Then Limbaugh pivoted to a different critique: "Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democratic politician."

Rush Limbaugh is belittling someone for SHILLING for a political party? Great that a known drug addict who espoused for years in an altered state brought on by his voluntary action is now questioning the mental state of others who are dying through no fault of their own.

Did Christopher Reeves prostitute his illness for political gain? Was he a shill?

Christopher Reeves was, and Michael J. Fox is, fighting for their lives! And they are backing the people (democrats) that they believe will do the most to save their lives. Not being manipulated.

quote:
"Stem cell research offers hope to millions of Americans with diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's," Fox says in the Cardin ad. "But George Bush and Michael Steele would put limits on the most promising stem cell research."
The above from an article titled: "Rush Limbaugh On the Offensive Against Ad With Michael J. Fox"

By David Montgomery
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 25, 2006; Page C01

Full article follows in my second post for those of you who would like to read the whole thing.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 113

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not listen to Rush as much as I used to. In fact all I get is a few minutes when I am driving back from lunch.

He is wrong for saying what he did.

However, I disagree with Fox about stem cells. I do not think that the possiblity of a cure for some of these diseases justifies the use of some of these stem cells.

There are other ways to get other stem cells that can be used for research. All I hear is that the embryonic ones are easiest to use. Who said that we always had to take the easy way?

Rush is wrong, that is a fact. Fox is wrong, that is my opinion.

msquared

Posts: 4002 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope KE isn't expecting anyone to defend Rush. I know I wouldn't.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I would like to think most people these days realize that most of what Limbaugh says is BS. Unfortunately, I know plenty of people who take him seriously.
Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keith Oblerman showed the video clip of Rush making that remark on Countdown the other night. You should've seen Rush shaking his bod, trying to imitate Michael. [Mad]

The best part was a bit later on, where Keith showed another such ad Michael J. Fox had made two years ago, where he was endorsing another candidate who supported stem-cell research.

The candidate? Rich Santorum, Republican. [Smile]

Where was Rush's outrage over Mike "letting his illness be exploited" then?

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll reframe his point, though not defend the way he said it. The point Limbaugh is making is that Fox is working to get emotional play, even though he could have taken medication prior to the shot, or taken several reshots. The point he was making is that Fox was being overly manipulative, showing the effects of Parkinsons when an individual doesn't take his medication.

The thing that I'm confused about is why this means anything. If I'm Fox, I would want to be as manipulative and sympathetic as possible. So Rush is mad because it was an effective ad?

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How DARE M.J.Fox show the world the actual EFFECTS of Prkinsons AS HE EXPERIENCES IT! (It's not like he can take those shots 24/7 or that they work all the time or don't have side effects, by the way.)

Rush showing his ass? All he has to do is show up, period. He's anal fissure from scalp to toenail.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
javelin
Member # 1284

- posted      Profile for javelin   Email javelin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly don't think that Rush's accusations are true - I believe Micheal J. Fox is being honest when he says that he'd taken his medicine and wasn't, in any way, trying to play up his illness.
Posts: 8614 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveS
unregistered

quote:
The candidate? Rich Santorum, Republican. [Smile]
It was Arlen Specter. Santorum is against SCR because he's afraid they'll try to mate human stem cells with dog stem cells. I think it would be fun to watch film highlights of Rush the Tush and The Bloviating Billster OReilly stuck in an elevator together for a few hours.
Dave at Work
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Dave at Work   Email Dave at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading Katie Couric's blog post about her interview with Fox in which he says that he undermedicated for the interview because while there are effects they are less noticible than if he overmedicates.

quote:
After all the controversy and publicity and debate about his political ad, and the criticism he got from people like Rush Limbaugh, he really is in the eye of a political storm right now. But when he came to our studio for our exclusive interview, he was remarkably calm. He was also obviously symptomatic. He trembled uncontrollably, and his legs shook, but he explained it was actually a side effect of not taking enough medication. He told me he reduced his dosage because he didn’t want to have dyskinesia, which is the side effect of too much medication, and which causes the swaying back and forth that was so evident in the controversial ad for Missouri Democratic Senate candidate Claire McCaskill. Fox said that he can never tell from one day to the next how serious his symptoms will be. It’s a crapshoot.
Edited to add:

Oh, and yes, Rush is being an ass on this.

[ October 27, 2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Dave at Work ]

Posts: 1928 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Santorum is against SCR because he's afraid they'll try to mate human stem cells with dog stem cells."

Finally, eugenics makes a wise move.

Kenmeer worships dogs.

Santorum? He should stick to what he knows: sex with bitches in heat.

Yeah, I know that was a nasty crack. You shoulda seen...

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It was Arlen Specter.
Oops. [Embarrassed] I stand corrected. (I knew it was one of those "S" politicians.)
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed by now...

Ad Hominem is what Rush does. Really, it's all Rush does.

Does anyone watch Scrubs? He had a brief stint on the show last year, and didn't appear dramatically different to me in the commercial compared to his acting last year.

It's been working for a while though, you know, tout Patricia Heaton, or Bruce Willis, or Charleton Heston, and their support for the RNC, while screaming foul when anyone famous supports a Democratic policy or canidate.

Fox, at 5'4" and about a buck twenty, was a much bigger man than I would have been.

quote:

I want to make that point too, that people that are against stem cell research, embryonic or otherwise, whatever, I couldn’t respect them more and they prayed on it and they’ve thought about and they can’t get their head around it or their heart around it, then great, fantastic. I admire them and I respect them. All I have to say to them respectfully, if there was a majority that all prayfully and thoughtfully and emotionally and intellectually and in every other way, weighed this and cam eon the other side, and said ‘No, I think this is the right thing to do,’ to very carefully tread these waters, to save these lives, then you have to respect that too. And I don’t resort to name-calling or inflammatory language or, mocking, or whatever you need to do to just have a discussion about it. And we’ll see what happens.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/26/eveningnews/main2129702_page2.shtml
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

M.J.Fox aka MArty Fly is way cool. He was great in Bright Lights Big City. I miss him as an actor.
Jesse
Member # 1860

- posted      Profile for Jesse   Email Jesse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn good in Casualties of War, too.
Posts: 11410 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's gonna be fun watch Karma catch up with blubberman for this one...
Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everard
unregistered

It won't, though. People LIKE listening to a buffoon calling everyone they disagree with names... even if the guy doing the name calling doesn't actually know why he disagrees with the people he calls names.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

He'll just lose market share. Eventuqally, he'll be a has-been, a has-been without the comfort of references to a 'distinguished career'.
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it will. Like it did with the drugs...

I'm not saying we'll be rid if him, but he'll pay in some way.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 1860

His ratings are FAR below their peak.

You know this guy is broadcast on Armed Forces radio all over Iraq, every day? Friend of mine just told me that a couple of months ago.

Talk about the media acting to destroy our war effort.....

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Omigod. Good Morning Viet Nam all over again.
Jesse
Member # 1860

I wonder what percentage of the Iraqis getting his broadcast speak english?
RickyB
Member # 1464

Iraq has a relatively high percentage of English speakers, dating to British rule. Iraqi Jews in Israel are very ubiquitous in the civil service because of this, and were considered the best educated of all Sepharadics when they came.

If the Dems seize the WH in 2008, they (whoever replaces rumfock) should get the clown off AFR pronto.

kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Personally, I think the name as it is -- Rumsfeld -- is sufficiently vile. Just say it with a slight Transylvanian accent... [Wink]

"Heh heh... YESSS, MASS-terrr...heh-heh-heh..."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page