Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » North Korea not done yet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: North Korea not done yet?
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like North Korea is preparing for another test already...or it could be something else entirely.

quote:
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korea is observing movements at a site in North Korea where the communist country is believed to have conducted its first nuclear test, indicating it may be preparing for another blast, Yonhap news agency reported Saturday.

South Korean is keeping a close eye on movements of trucks and North Korean soldiers at the site in Punggye-ri in North Korea's northeast, the report said, citing multiple unidentified military officials.

"It is clear there are movements at Punggye-ri after the nuclear test," one military official was quoted as saying. "We are closely monitoring to see if these are preparations for a second nuclear test."

Another official also confirmed activities at the North Korean site, but said another test "is not believed to be imminent," according to Yonhap.

North Korea conducted an underground nuclear test on Oct. 9, prompting the U.N. Security Council to adopt a sanctions resolution.

AP news
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they really like playing with fire. If I were North Korea, I can't understand any logical line of reasoning which would end with the conclusion that any of this funny business is a good idea for my long term well being.

[ October 28, 2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: LinuxFreakus ]

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
potemkyn
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LinuxFreakus,

Two things that might help you with this assumption.

1. North Korea is essentailly a starving country. The long term to an impoversihed person ranges from the next day to the next week. North Korea's long term goals and vision is probably measured in the months or 1-3 years. That's all they have the resources to really plan for.

2. North Korea could quite possibly believe the hype that the US and South Korea are planning to attack them. That's all you'll hear on North Korea's broadcasts.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page