Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Fake boarding passes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fake boarding passes
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2611432&page=1

I'm glad to see some more realistic coverage of this topic by a major news organization. Too bad this guy had to go this far to get attention though.

Seriously, airport security is still a joke. I have been using my expired drivers license from when I was 16 years old (I have my updated current one in my wallet too just in case) to go through security for over a year now... probably 40 or 50 flights. I've never had anyone say one word about it.

I have also gotten onto planes more than once without having my boarding pass properly verified (not on purpose, i just wasn't paying attention and walked on to the plane and then realized nobody had looked at my ticket).

Nevermind that all the silly regulations about what you can carry on are just pointless. There are any number of sharp pointy objects inside a laptop, and they let people take those on... but if your bottle of after shave is too big, then you have to throw it out.

Even if they made everyone get on the planes naked, there are still ways to get things on board.

What is the point really?

I think its all a waste.

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

- posted      Profile for LinuxFreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although, I did set off one of those explosives sniffer things once in San Francisco... fun times.

I'd been doing sporting clays (similar to skeet shooting) the day before and I was wearing the same jeans. I guess I must have had gun powder residue on me.

They pulled me aside and went through all my stuff and questioned me for about 15 minutes.

Posts: 1240 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Lassek
Member # 1514

- posted      Profile for Adam Lassek   Email Adam Lassek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have been using my expired drivers license from when I was 16 years old (I have my updated current one in my wallet too just in case) to go through security for over a year now... probably 40 or 50 flights. I've never had anyone say one word about it.
Why should they care if it's expired? You're not driving, and it still establishes your identity.
Posts: 554 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know. I looked better when I was 16, too. But it's time to let it go, man. [Wink]

quote:
Why should they care if it's expired? You're not driving, and it still establishes your identity.
I agree with this as long as you don't look radically different from when you were 16. If you were skinny and pasty white back then and since then you've gained 6 inches in height, 250 lbs. in weight, and have a dark tan, I'd hope they'd at least give it a second glance to make sure you're face is recognizable.
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxFreakus
Member # 2395

quote:
Originally posted by LoverOfJoy:
Yeah, I know. I looked better when I was 16, too. But it's time to let it go, man. [Wink]

quote:
I agree with this as long as you don't look radically different from when you were 16. If you were skinny and pasty white back then and since then you've gained 6 inches in height, 250 lbs. in weight, and have a dark tan, I'd hope they'd at least give it a second glance to make sure you're face is recognizable.
Yeah, actually I have actually grown six inches, my skin looks different, as does my hair.... really my whole face looks completely different.

I just don't think they even look at the ID, they just look at the boarding pass and wave me through.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page