Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Our Troops Are Coming Home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Troops Are Coming Home
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
War's over folks, we brought in the Big Guns.
Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoverOfJoy
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for LoverOfJoy   Email LoverOfJoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris is a weapon of mass destruction!
Posts: 3639 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that this one time, a man was charged with terrorism and found guilty. His sentence? Death by drawing and quartering, or five minutes alone with Chuck Norris.

Needless to say, he chose drawing and quartering.

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I love the playful mythology of badassness that surrounds Chuck Norris, I wonder, where did it come from?

And will, in fifteen years or so after his death, will they begin writing holy books or something, or what?

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, how did you think Hercules got his start, 0Megabyte?

That's right...he trained under Chuck Norris. [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ November 17, 2006, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Wayward Son ]

Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me started on Chuck Norris.....

Too late. [Big Grin]

Chuck Norris dies 6 months ago. The Grim Reaper is just too scared to show up and tell him.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer....too bad Chuck Norris doesn't cry.

All Newborn babies cry, because they realize that they have just entered a world that has Chuck Norris in it.

Chuck Norris once got an erection while lying face down on the ground. He struck oil.

There are no WMDs in Iraq...Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING

There is no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold, so he turned the sun up.

Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Tom Clancy has to pay royalties to Chuck Norris because "The Sum of All Fears" is the name of Chuck Norris' autobiography.

Chuck Norris played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun...and won.

The Manhattan Project was not intended to create nuclear weapons, it was meant to recreate the destructive power in a Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick. They didn't even come close.

The chemical formula for the highly toxic cyanide ion is CN-. These are also Chuck Norris' initials. This is not a coincidence.

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.

Chuck Norris doesn't shave with a razor...he punches himself in the face. Nothing can cut Chuck Norris except Chuck Norris.

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Chuck Norris. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.

Chuck Norris once went skydiving, but promised never to do it again. One Grand Canyon is enough.

Chuck Norris is currently suing myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

The square root of Chuck Norris is pain. Do not try to square Chuck Norris, the result is death.

There’s an order to the universe: space, time, Chuck Norris.... Just kidding!! Chuck Norris is first.

There are no races, only countries of people Chuck Norris has beaten to different shades of black and blue.

Scientists have estimated that the energy given off during the Big Bang is roughly equal to 1CNRhK (Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick)

Think of a hot woman. Chuck Norris did her.

What’s known as the UFC, or Ultimate Fighting Championship, doesn’t use its full name, which happens to be “Ultimate Fighting Championship, Non-Chuck-Norris-Division”.

If a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear? Yes. Chuck Norris hears it. Chuck Norris can hear everything. Chuck Norris can hear the shrieking terror in your soul.

Chuck Norris eats beef jerky and craps gunpowder. Then, he uses that gunpowder to make a bullet, which he uses to kill a cow and make more beef jerky. Some people refer to this as the "Circle of Life."

After taking a steroids test doctors informed Chuck Norris that he had tested positive. He laughed upon receiving this information, and said "of course my urine tested positive, what do you think they make steroids from?"

Aliens DO indeed exist. They just know better than to visit a planet that Chuck Norris is on.

Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks don't really kill people. They wipe out their entire existence from the space-time continuum.

Chuck Norris shot the sheriff, but he round house kicked the deputy.

Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its decendants are known today as Giraffes.

The original title for Alien vs. Predator was Alien and Predator vs Chuck Norris. The film was cancelled shortly after going into preproduction. No one would pay nine dollars to see a movie fourteen seconds long.

Thousands of years ago Chuck Norris came across a bear. It was so terrified that it fled north into the arctic. It was also so terrified that all of its decendents now have white hair.

If you're driving down the road and you think Chuck Norris just cut you off, you better thank your lucky stars it wasn't the other way around.

Chuck Norris does not kick ass and take names. In fact, Chuck Norris kicks ass and assigns the corpse a number. It is currently recorded to be in the billions.

Whoever said "only the good die young" was probably in Chuck Norris's kindergarten class.

The last thing you hear before Chuck Norris gives you a roundhouse kick? No one knows because dead men tell no tales.

The helicopter was invented after Chuck Norris was observed doing 8 roundhouse kicks a second.

Most people fear the Reaper. Chuck Norris considers him "a promising Rookie".

The First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed... unless it meets Chuck Norris.

If Chuck Norris were a calendar, every month would be named Chucktober, and every day he'd kick your ass.

Chuck Norris knows everything there is to know - Except for the definition of mercy.

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did this turn into Barrens chat?
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PlaydoughBoy
Member # 1342

- posted      Profile for PlaydoughBoy   Email PlaydoughBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol Drake.
Posts: 504 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loki
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Loki   Email Loki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris visited a beautiful, lush and healthy jungle once, now it's called The Barrens.
Posts: 311 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 869

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite things to do is /1 Chuck Norris just before zoning out of the barrens.

It's like a match in a room full of gasoline and I get the door closed just in time.

Posts: 385 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TommySama
Member # 2780

- posted      Profile for TommySama   Email TommySama       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And will, in fifteen years or so after his death, will they begin writing holy books or something, or what?"

Faithless fool, the bible has already been created

Posts: 6396 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnightEnder
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris is so mean he can peel an onion at eighty-yards just by hating it.

KE

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0meg - Chuck Norris, in his prime, was THE most badass of any martial-artist who bothered with tournaments at the time. He was an epoch, a sea-change, a before-and-after figure in that world. He dominated it like MJ dominated hoops, like Jim Brown dominated football.

He really was something. EQUALLY lethal with both hands and both legs. That's nearly unheard of. Just flawless technique in every aspect AND awesome sheer power in his punches and kicks.

Much as I love Bruce Lee and don't like Norris much in real life (at least his opinions that I've heard and his shyt, crap, awful TV show), I have to say that if the fight in the Colloseum in "Way of the Dragon" had been for real, I woul have laid my money on Chuck at 50:1.

Daruma - that list of old jokes aside, do you concur?

[ November 17, 2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonaldD
Member # 1052

- posted      Profile for DonaldD   Email DonaldD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Lee 'taught' Norris' (there's debate whether you could use the term 'teacher' or 'sensei') so I'm not sure about 50:1... on the other hand, Lee never competed in the same way as Norris did...
Posts: 10751 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lee taught Norris his system. I don't think Norris came to him like an acolyte to a Master, but rather like a classical pianist coming to an equally good Jazz pianist to learn Jazz. I could be wrong.

Besides, Donald - the correct term in this case would be "sifu" [Smile]

[ November 18, 2006, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: RickyB ]

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Chuck Norris doesn't shave with a razor...he punches himself in the face. Nothing can cut Chuck Norris except Chuck Norris.

LOL
[LOL]

Posts: 3654 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daruma28
Member # 1388

- posted      Profile for Daruma28   Email Daruma28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Ricky, Chuck WAS a badass back in the day...IIRC, he was a 6 time full contact Karate champion. All exaggerations aside, the Chuck Norris roundhouse kick IS a thing of beauty... [LOL]

According to books I read, Chuck did in fact train with Bruce Lee to learn from him - but after Bruce died, Chuck's PR management tried to claim that Bruce and Chuck had an "exchange" of techniques and philosophy - like your analogy of two masters meeting.

However, I've read several books on Bruce Lee and all of Bruce's friends, his wife and students all reject this as Chuck's PR Management merely trying to prop up his stature, and that Chuck basically WAS an acolyte. He came to Bruce as a mulitple world karate champion, and after one training session immediately realized that in fact Bruce was light years ahead of him. There are several quotes from Chuck that admit as much as well.

As for the teasing - I believe that actually comes from the totally unbelievable idiocy of the plots and abilities of Chuck in Walker: Texas Ranger. That show made me lose a few IQ points every time I bothered to watch even a few minutes of it....

Posts: 7543 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, D. I've been waiting for someone to give me a decent setup to pull a Chuck Norris joke outta my ass. Here goes:

"Chuck in Walker: Texas Ranger. That show made me lose a few IQ points every time I bothered to watch even a few minutes of it...."

When TV reception goes bad during an episode of "Walker: Texas Ranger", you don't hit the TV to straighten it out, it hits YOU.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philnotfil
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for philnotfil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
Posts: 3719 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

LOL, Ken,
Hey, Daruma - I'm glad to hear that. As I said, I like Bruce much better than Chuck (7 times US champion, 5 times world champion, all consecutive, btw).

Loki
Member # 2312

Bruce Lee was so amazing, I think the reason he died, was because he learned to shoot fireballs out of his hands and his body couldn't handle it.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Norris has a very gruff physical concept of martial arts. He thinks Tai Chi is a form of origami.
Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Chuck Norris was once accused of receiving government kickbacks. The case was laughed out of court. No one would kick back at Chuck.
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Chuck Norris has sued the USDA for copyright infringement regarding chuck roasts and chuck steaks.

Papers filed by Chuck's attorneys say only 4 words:

Leave my meat alone!

cperry
Member # 1938

- posted      Profile for cperry   Email cperry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knew? I mean really, who knew?!
Posts: 2782 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Chuck's meat knew.
Wayward Son
Member # 210

- posted      Profile for Wayward Son   Email Wayward Son   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say that it's time to chuck this thread, but that would be a bit dangerous, wouldn't it? [Wink]
Posts: 8681 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

Chuck off, awreddY!
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

p.s. did I ever tell you I admire you, cp? along with your ankles?
TommySama
Member # 2780

You have beautiful legs. I'd really love to photograph them...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page