Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » Your Region's Ugliest Monument (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your Region's Ugliest Monument
Ivan
Member # 1467

- posted      Profile for Ivan   Email Ivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the South of the Boarder Sombero count?
Posts: 1710 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] . It's got to, Ivan! You know the rationale nowadays, We didn't cross the border. The border crossed us!

RB: did you wind up dirty like the water?

Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shower. I'm envisioning you pretending to be Dr. Who hiding from the Daleks.

It just seems right.

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickyB
Member # 1464

- posted      Profile for RickyB   Email RickyB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the water was ok that day. They weren't running the fire that week. [Big Grin]

It isn't terribly clean water, I wouldn't want it running in my house, but it wasn't rancid either. That day.

Posts: 19145 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

- posted      Profile for Richard Dey   Email Richard Dey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so the real question: did you skinnydip or did you do a costume drama [Wink] ?
Posts: 7866 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

Minneapolis has an interesting Sculpture Garden -- but it is too cold there to survive.

Wim Delvoye: Caterpillar #5, laser-cut steel, stainless steel, 2002:

http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/minnesota/minneapolis/walkersc/061.jpg

Ikemook
Member # 1519

- posted      Profile for Ikemook   Email Ikemook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SG,

Is *that* what those things are? I always figured, given the structures proximity to the Science Library, that it was a representation of some sort of chemical or physical structure.

Ugh. It's even worse now that I know what it really is...

--David

[Edited to add: You know, I kinda like the potato. Though that's probably because I've been going to Turlington every semester for 3 1/2 years, so I've grown accustomed to it.]

[ December 10, 2006, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Ikemook ]

Posts: 415 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Dey
Member # 1727

I like the spoon with the cherry on it [Big Grin] .
The Drake
Member # 2128

- posted      Profile for The Drake   Email The Drake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who read this title as "your Religion's ugliest monument"?
Posts: 7707 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PanHeraclitean
Member # 3120

- posted      Profile for PanHeraclitean   Email PanHeraclitean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, Funean read it as "Your Religion's ugliest Moments" I think.
Posts: 1259 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page