Ornery.org
  Front Page   |   About Ornery.org   |   World Watch   |   Guest Essays   |   Contact Us

The Ornery American Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Ornery American Forum » General Comments » San Francisco Values

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: San Francisco Values
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for joshbarrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, for all you people who already hate me, yes...I'M A CONSERVATIVE...I'M SORRY!!! But wait...

Anyways, back to topic. Today, class, San Francisco values. Guess who coined that phrase? Bill O'Reilly, my politicl equivilent of God! Guess what it stands for? LIBERAL EVERYTHING!!! AND GUESS WHAT? I BELIEVE IN SOME OF IT!!! Like the rights of gays and lesbian couples, I have not one single problem with them, they are all human beings and as long as they keep there sex lives to themselves (just like all heterosexual couples should). So am I liberal on all things? Certainly not. If it can disrupt National Security, I'm consevative on it. If it doesn't deal with that, I'm liberal.

-joshbarrow

Posts: 80 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenmeer livermaile
Member # 2243

- posted      Profile for kenmeer livermaile   Email kenmeer livermaile       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Above all, joshbarrow, you are a CAPITAList.

[ December 14, 2006, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: kenmeer livermaile ]

Posts: 23297 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 832

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh, you are young and sincere. We (and by that I mean me) will welcome you despite your heavy use of "loud" typing. No need to let us know all your beliefs on the first day. I say, let the suspense build and keep people guessing.

Kenmeer, that was the funniest/cleverest thing written all week!

[ December 14, 2006, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Kent ]

Posts: 1434 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you.

You may have heard it already, but here at Ornery we have a philosophy.

That is the statement "You're wrong." which we (particularly forum old-man Knight Ender) catagorically give to new members. It's no insult, but in fact more of a philosophical statement designed to remind anyone who comes here that, well, that they are probably wrong.

Now, I'm not going to say it to you because I don't know if anyone's said it, and in this particular bit, your personal feelings, it doesn't apply.

Someone else will have to do, if they haven't already.

The point is, anyway, chill out, don't get so worked up, we're happy to have you. However, when it comes to making arguements about anything, you'd better be up to snuff and be able to back it up or we'll eat you alive. In the nicest possible way, as we debate and argue purely for the sheer joy of it, and the learning which comes from it.

We have plenty of rules, but it generally boils down to be polite, have fun, and back up your data as best you can.

I'd go as far to say that we don't care which side of the alley you're on. This site isn't about partisan lines, but debating for the sake of finding the truth, regardless of where it lies. Granted, that's a rather heady goal and we fail about 99.9% of the time, but truthful debate is what we strive for. We really don't care about your beliefs, but we'll certainly question them. Regardless of what they are! [Big Grin]

Anyway, I give you my heartfelt welcome. Have fun, it's a great place, and if you enter with an open mind and an attitude of looking for the truth, you'll be fine.

Oh, and maybe you should lay off the all-caps. We really don't like being screamed at. It makes us rather ornery.

Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

- posted      Profile for joshbarrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in the world am I a supporter of an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, esp. as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth, kenmeer livermaile?
--I got that from Dictionary.com, HAH!!--

Posts: 80 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

Good advice, thank-you all.
canadian
Member # 1809

- posted      Profile for canadian   Email canadian       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kent:

Kenmeer, that was the funniest/cleverest thing written all week!

While it did make me laugh, I must refute.

"Especially repulsive" wins my vote.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godot
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Godot   Email Godot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I heard that Bill'O wasnt the first to use the phrase. Better find a better God-designate.
Posts: 444 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

What-ever!!!!!
Adam Masterman
Member # 1142

- posted      Profile for Adam Masterman   Email Adam Masterman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Ornery, Josh. You are wrong.

You are also prolific. I'm exhausted just scrolling past these threads. Of course, I'm lazy, but you're like the second coming of WarrsawPact (see archives). Give us a minute to catch our breath. In the mean time, ask Bill O'Reilly about his Peabody award. [Wink]

Adam

Posts: 4823 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss WP. I wonder where he went to, anyway?
Posts: 2668 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ikemook
Member # 1519

- posted      Profile for Ikemook   Email Ikemook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0Meg,

WPs still in school, I think.

Posts: 415 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tezcatlipoca
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for Tezcatlipoca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WP is just finishing his finals at George Washington University in D.C. I will then be hanging out with him for a few weeks when he gets home to So. Cal before I myself head out to a 4 year college in January and he goes back to D.C.
Posts: 1272 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 1217

Ahh. Thanks for the update on that. I wish him well in that!
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

This is the absolutely perfect place for identity thieves if you give out this information so easily!
Cytania
Member # 2598

- posted      Profile for Cytania     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey josh, this lot have a bone to pick with you;

http://www.sfgop.org/

Reminds me of the 2050 thread where I characterised Ohio as being 'nut heavy'. I got told I was being 'cartoonish'...

Posts: 743 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joshbarrow
Member # 3331

Not all San Francisco residents are hard arse liberals, just...some of them who do lean to the left usually do it ratically. And I am very glad that they have a Republican party, believe me...they need. Thank-you for this.
NSCutler
Member # 1403

- posted      Profile for NSCutler   Email NSCutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What San Franciscan's value most of all is fresh seafood. Who can't get behind that?
Posts: 789 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggis
Member # 2114

- posted      Profile for Haggis   Email Haggis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What San Franciscan's value most of all is fresh seafood. Who can't get behind that?
What true San Franciscans value is a parking space. Sea food is easy to find.
Posts: 1771 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Ornery.org Front Page