Author Topic: North Korea, this could get out if hand  (Read 197 times)

Crunch

• All Members
    • View Profile
North Korea, this could get out if hand
« on: December 21, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »
US preparing “bloody nose” attack on North Korea

The US is preparing plans to deliver a “bloody nose” attack against North Korea to knock out its nuclear weapons program.

The White House has “dramatically” ramped up its military plans amid fears that diplomacy won’t thwart North Korean despot Kim Jong Un from making good on his threats, sources told the UK’s Telegraph.

One option is destroying a launch site before the rogue regime uses it for a new missile test, while another is targeting weapons stockpiles, according to the news outlet.

The Trump administration hopes that pre-emptive action would show the trigger-happy dictator that the United States is serious about stopping his bellicose pursuits and persuading him to negotiate.

Huh? Pre-emptively attacking NK and its certifiably unstable leader to give them a “bloody nose” just to get the guy to negotiate? Yeah, exactly how’s that gonna work out without things escalating? I really don’t see a limited action here.

The Telegraph cited three anonymous sources, one inside the administration and two former officials familiar with the White House thinking.

“The Pentagon is trying to find options that would allow them to punch the North Koreans in the nose, get their attention and show that we’re serious,” a former US security official briefed on policy told the Telegraph.

Here’s the thing, if you’re having  to convince someone you're serious, then you're not actually serious, and any reasonably intelligent enemy will know this.

One British source who recently attended a briefing with US national security adviser H.R. McMaster and other officials left feeling alarmed by Trump’s mindset, according to the outlet.

So I think it’s a bit of Trump style negotiation to leak this thing, force Kim into something or maybe scare the Chinese into jerking on the leash and bringing Kim to heel. Maybe it’s a crazy strategy, maybe it’s crazy like a fox. I dunno.

Either way, this thing is ratcheting up. Kim is getting nuclear and developing missiles that are a real threat and if anyone is gonna launch nukes it’s that nut. I’m not sure how much further down the road this can gets kicked. It’s likely only a matter of time before the Korean War reignites, maybe it’s best to kick it off before they nuke LA.