Author Topic: Pencemegeddon  (Read 7018 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Pencemegeddon
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2021, 03:38:38 PM »
Well the Trump seditionist are trying to take over the Congress.  I wonder how the Trumpist on the site will call this justified?

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
Has there been any indication of counter protesters, or were they convinced to stay away?

I do wonder about the bomb threats. Hard to call on the people storming Congress. Will have to see what the arrest records come up with. Inclined to suspect it's die hard MAGA's, but I'm not going to trust preliminary reporting to be accurate in the least, the media's track record on that is abysmal.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2021, 03:42:57 PM »
Well the Trump seditionist are trying to take over the Congress.  I wonder how the Trumpist on the site will call this justified?

The same way you always defend protests that get out of hand.

1.  There is a problem (some injustice)
2.  It is not being addressed
3. People have a right to be angry
4. These people should be sympathized with, not condemned

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2021, 03:43:35 PM »

"Take over" is a stretch, and you know it.

The storming of Congress is bad form, and not something to encourage. The people who did it are some of the fringiest of the fringe, regardless of what their affiliations turn out to be, to claim otherwise is to be as deluded as the people who actually did the deed.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2021, 03:44:22 PM »
But hey, I'm sure 97% of the people who turned out for Trump's rally were peaceful, that has to count for something?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2021, 03:46:32 PM »
What are they trying to do? They are trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power, Just like Trump wants?  Where is Trump? Why is he not out there telling them to go home? To leave? He is not because he wanted this.

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2021, 03:47:09 PM »
"Take over" is a stretch, and you know it.

The storming of Congress is bad form, and not something to encourage. The people who did it are some of the fringiest of the fringe, regardless of what their affiliations turn out to be, to claim otherwise is to be as deluded as the people who actually did the deed.

Fringiest of the fringe who are directly supported and encouraged by the President.

I don't think fringe means what you think it means.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »
He can't pardon himself for anything he does after 2 weeks.

He can't actually pardon himself for what he does over the next 2 weeks, either.

It's quite breathtaking, if completely predictable, how much handwaving is being done by the people who instigated the violence but who are now aghast - aghast, I say! - at the completely predictable results of their own irresponsible behaviour.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2021, 03:49:01 PM »
Now they are breaking windows inside Congress.

When antifa broke windows and defaced Federal buildings, what kind of crime did some people here call it?  ;)

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2021, 03:51:18 PM »
Now they are breaking windows inside Congress.

When antifa broke windows and defaced Federal buildings, what kind of crime did some people here call it?  ;)

Destruction of Government Property(and trespass in many cases), and they should be arrested, tried, and convicted.

Next question?

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2021, 03:51:40 PM »
The people who did it are some of the fringiest of the fringe

This is true.  The rest of the fringe, Antifa, Peaceniks, Greenpeace, Communists, BLM, never stormed Congress.  They truly are the fringiest.  #1 in Fringy.  The champs of the fringe.

regardless of what their affiliations turn out to be

What their affiliation turns out to be?  They're MAGA.  They're Trumpists.  Or are we going to start the Black Flag crap? 

to claim otherwise is to be as deluded as the people who actually did the deed

I've already had the Trump supporters I work with express satisfaction and even hope due to this.  They're fringy too? 

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2021, 03:54:01 PM »
But hey, I'm sure 97% of the people who turned out for Trump's rally were peaceful, that has to count for something?

Well, yes - those people who were not being violent should absolutely not be arrested or assaulted by the police, that goes without saying.  I'm not sure what the rules are once the protesters break into the actual Capitol buildings, mind you.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
LOL.  Trump better start pardoning all these people taking pictures of themselves engaged in insurrection.  Otherwise they're going to Federal prison. 

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2021, 03:55:47 PM »
Where are the Trump tweets calling for these people to stop?  What is taking him so long? Why has he not condemned this?

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »
Where are the Trump tweets calling for these people to stop?  What is taking him so long? Why has he not condemned this?

Hey, he asked them nicely to be peaceful.  What moe can he do?  ;)

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2021, 04:01:32 PM »
Law Enforcement has reported an IED found on capitol grounds.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2021, 04:02:09 PM »
LOL.  Here comes Laura Ingraham.  A few bad apples spoiling the bunch.  LOL. 

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »

Compare and contrast... Now:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Then:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Anarchists, Agitators or Protestors who vandalize or damage our Federal Courthouse in Portland, or any Federal Buildings in any of our Cities or States, will be prosecuted under our recently re-enacted Statues & Monuments Act. MINIMUM TEN YEARS IN PRISON. Don’t do it!
@DHSgov

Aris Katsaris

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2021, 04:05:05 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/CornerPubRon/status/1346913477366067200/photo/1

The Confederate flag waved by Trumpists inside the Capitol.

Just so there's no misunderstanding that Trump and his supporters are the true heirs of the Confederacy, who also did a certain insurrection because they couldn't accept the results of an election.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2021, 04:08:27 PM »
At least Pence managed to tell the MAGA army to leave the capitol. Weirdly, Trump has called in the National Guard on his own supporters?

At least that's what Kayleigh McEnany has stated.

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2021, 04:08:52 PM »
Give them credit for tenaciousness, it took them 160 years but they're finally invading the Capitol building behind a Confederate flag.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:54 PM »
Well, Biden came out to tell them to go home, on national TV.  He beat Trump to the punch for the Presidential Moment. 

Now Trump can't tell them to go home and do his job or he looks like a cuck, as stated in the Rules of Cuckdom. 

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »
Armed standoff in House chambers, police have their weapons drawn. One woman was stretchered out covered in blood, possible gunshot wound.

The word bloodless takes all the fun out of coups anyway.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2021, 04:13:14 PM »
Fox News headline nouns today: protests, demonstrators, protesters, protesters and demonstrators.

I feel they've shortened the bench a bit on their thesaurus team...

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2021, 04:21:46 PM »
As Chad Wolf said, they are called "violent anarchists."

At least that was the term he used for those who destroyed government property before. ;)

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2021, 04:29:22 PM »
Finally Trump said go home. Now we'll see if he's got control of his minions.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »
So... when Congress reconvenes, will there be any remaining appetite to play silly buggers with the electoral college votes?  That "sedition caucus" label may have some serious legs going forward...

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
So . . .  What does happen when Trump issues a blanket pardon for everyone who stormed the capitol?

That will go down smoothly.

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:24 PM »
Really neat that the President had a pre-taped video prepared to tell rioters to stand down after they have rioted sufficiently.  Would be interesting for him to be questioned under oath as to when and why he prepared the video message.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2021, 04:54:46 PM »
An explosive device was discovered at the headquarters of the Republican National Committee in Washington DC, and a suspicious package was found at the Democratic national Committee, according to reports.

Officials say that the device at the RNC was a pipe bomb and was destroyed by a bomb squad, says the New York Times.

The package at the DNC had reportedly not yet been identified but the building was also evacuated.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:37 PM »
So . . .  What does happen when Trump issues a blanket pardon for everyone who stormed the capitol?
I think the president actually has to name someone in order to pardon them... I couldn't see how a specific person could claim to have been pardoned when arrested, otherwise.

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:31 PM »
I think the president actually has to name someone in order to pardon them... I couldn't see how a specific person could claim to have been pardoned when arrested, otherwise.

Seriously, I don't think so.  [Maybe would be litigated].  Carter issued a blanket pardon to all Vietnam draft dodgers.  Trump could issue a pardon to all individuals who trespassed or committed any alleged crime on the capitol grounds on July 6, 2021.  Don't you think he's got it in him?

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2021, 05:03:20 PM »
Well, there is that...  that being said, I'm pretty sure the rioters are not only breaking Federal law, so whatever municipal (or district?) law infractions are being committed would not be affected.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:54 PM »

Seriously, I don't think so.  [Maybe would be litigated].  Carter issued a blanket pardon to all Vietnam draft dodgers.  Trump could issue a pardon to all individuals who trespassed or committed any alleged crime on the capitol grounds on July 6, 2021.  Don't you think he's got it in him?

Don't forget the Reagan Amnesty for all illegal immigrants in the United States as of a particular date in the 1980's.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2021, 05:48:03 PM »
Still waiting to hear from Serati or Wm about how all of this protest is good for the country and/or how it is all the Dems fault for stealing the election.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »
Lambert is probably busy rioting.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:09 PM »
Still waiting to hear from Serati or Wm about how all of this protest is good for the country and/or how it is all the Dems fault for stealing the election.

Do you honestly think that if Trump had won the EC rather than Biden, that the Anti-Trumpers wouldn't have tried something very comparable?

It's a big problem, and one that is going to be very difficult to back down from, tensions are high, and with a Democrat controlled Senate possibly in the offing, it's likely to get a lot worse over the next two years. Even if the media does a blackout on Trump after the 20th.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »
Do you honestly think that if Trump had won the EC rather than Biden, that the Anti-Trumpers wouldn't have tried something very comparable?
What, like they did in 2016?

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:37 PM »

It's a big problem, and one that is going to be very difficult to back down from, tensions are high, and with a Democrat controlled Senate possibly in the offing, it's likely to get a lot worse over the next two years. Even if the media does a blackout on Trump after the 20th.

For starters, Biden would have conceded by now, not hold a rally in the capitol drawing people in. I feel pretty confident on that one. Might there have been a handful of diehards trying to crash barriers? Maybe.

Aris Katsaris

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:50 PM »

TheDeamon, we *censored*ing saw what happened and what did NOT happen in 2016 when Trump won and his Democrat opponent lost.

We saw that Hillary conceded, we saw that the election result was certified properly, we saw Biden himself as president of the Senate tell a *lone* Democrat dissenter "it's over", and surprise surprise we saw no *censored*ing violent coup attempt. We saw an orderly transition of power.

So, yes, I honestly think that if Trump had won, nothing remotely comparable would have happened. Biden would have simply conceded and it'd be over.

So the *bothsides* claim can go *censored* itself. You voted for a person who's attempted and is still attempting a coup to overthrow American democracy. Yes, Biden wouldn't have done anything like this. Neither did Hillary, neither would Obama have, if he'd lost. Only Trump would. Deal.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:26 PM »

No. 

But then again, I honestly didn't believe the Trumpers were going to do something this crazy either.  That being said, I have seen no democrat/antifa/blm/communist riot that broke into the US Capitol to stop the Congress from doing it's job.  I've never even heard of them trying.  The best I can point to is antifa destroying Federal property in Oregon. 

I can sure see antifa rioting if Trump won.  Just about anywhere except trying to riot into the US Capitol. 

Trumpers 1
Anti/BLM/Democrats/Greenpeace  0

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »
You voted for a person who's attempted and is still attempting a coup to overthrow American democracy.

This is true.  Whether he is crazy or not, he is denying his loss and encouraging others to not recognize the soon to be legitimate President, and calling the Congress and Vice-President cowards and criminals. 

I mean, there are bunches of people out there saying the government of the United States is illigitimate.  None of the others are the President of the United States and has a band of fanatical followers to the same extent.  He's basically a demagogue.  A threat to the government and democracy. 

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:38 PM »
The New York Times reports that Trump didn't even call out the National Guard.  It was Pence.

Defense and administration officials said it was Vice President Mike Pence, not President Trump, who approved the order to deploy the D.C. National Guard. It was unclear why the president, who incited his supporters to storm the Capitol and who is still the commander in chief, did not give the order. One administration official suggested that the president did not want to be seen calling out the National Guard against his own supporters.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »
Why would he call out the National Guard?  He loved the people who were doing this.  He even said so in his tweet.  Trump really wanted more violence. I believe that.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2021, 07:15:28 PM »
The New York Times reports that Trump didn't even call out the National Guard.  It was Pence.

Defense and administration officials said it was Vice President Mike Pence, not President Trump, who approved the order to deploy the D.C. National Guard. It was unclear why the president, who incited his supporters to storm the Capitol and who is still the commander in chief, did not give the order. One administration official suggested that the president did not want to be seen calling out the National Guard against his own supporters.

That makes more sense.

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2021, 07:31:18 PM »
It's sad how Trump leaves a wake of destruction in his supporters while he skates along.  You match storming and vandalizing the Capitol with Trump's tweet about charging people vandalizing the Portland courthouse with violating the [antiquities?] act with a term of 10 years.  If they applied the same to anyone breaking and entering the capitol for a good fun time, that's what they're facing. (and rioting, breaking and entering, whatever, trespassing.)

But the sad add-on for prosecutors who like to prosecute, re: the woman who was shot and died in the capitol: whoever may be seen as co-rioting with her, (or any other felony they may be seen as jointly engaged in), they could all be charged with felony murder by a prosecutor out for a joy ride. Same as charging a set of burglars with felony murder when the police kill one of the gang on the way out the door.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »
At least Pence managed to tell the MAGA army to leave the capitol. Weirdly, Trump has called in the National Guard on his own supporters?

What's noteworthy is the fact that some of the activists breaking windows have been identified as AntiFa activists wearing MAGA hats. It has also been reported that it was Pence who called in the National Guard. Trump's message to the country was made at the same time that Biden's speech was broadcast.

I wonder if the bottom of this coup attempt is ever documented if the Democrats will apologize for stealing the election. We all know it was a concerted effort, with testimony from thousands of eyewitnesses explaining all the ways it was done. Evidence that was never allowed to be seen in any court. I'm so tired of Democrat apologists saying all the evidence was refuted in court, when none was allowed to be presented. If the machines are audited and proved to have been hacked to give Democrats extra votes and take them away from Trump - all those Senate defeats n=ay also be reversed.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »
But then again, I honestly didn't believe the Trumpers were going to do something this crazy either.  That being said, I have seen no democrat/antifa/blm/communist riot that broke into the US Capitol to stop the Congress from doing it's job.  I've never even heard of them trying.  The best I can point to is antifa destroying Federal property in Oregon.

They gave assaulting the White House grounds a solid try this past summer. Of course, they were rebuffed, but they made the attempt.

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »

What's noteworthy is the fact that some of the activists breaking windows have been identified as AntiFa activists wearing MAGA hats. It has also been reported that it was Pence who called in the National Guard. Trump's message to the country was made at the same time that Biden's speech was broadcast.

I wonder if the bottom of this coup attempt is ever documented if the Democrats will apologize for stealing the election. We all know it was a concerted effort, with testimony from thousands of eyewitnesses explaining all the ways it was done. Evidence that was never allowed to be seen in any court. I'm so tired of Democrat apologists saying all the evidence was refuted in court, when none was allowed to be presented. If the machines are audited and proved to have been hacked to give Democrats extra votes and take them away from Trump - all those Senate defeats n=ay also be reversed.

"Snowball did it!"
      -- George Orwell

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2021, 07:45:44 PM »
OMG Palin had to go nuts.  Blames antifa embedded in MAGA.  Can't trust the media.  She needs to be banned from Fox. 

Oh sorry, Lambert beat her to it.