Author Topic: The Biden Economy  (Read 3107 times)

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden Economy
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2022, 01:34:31 PM »
What do you think I should feel when reading that single sentence from an unsourced article in the Post?

I think you should feel like backing up your claim. That you don't tell me a lot. A lot.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
But, we know it's Biden energy policies that is driving inflation in the country, because there is no inflation problem in any other country in the world. So it has to be something we are doing domestically.

Oh, wait...  ;)

Tell me you don't understand the oil market without telling me you don't understand the oil market.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2022, 01:43:14 PM »
So... great number today!!  528,000 jobs added in May! Sounds great right? CNN and MSNBC are no doubt celebrating.

Unfortunately, if they did their jobs and looked past the headline the left wants you to focus on, the story is not good.

There are 136,000 fewer people employed than there were in May. Yeah, fewer people with jobs.

Getting context from the Household Survey, we see the full picture:

Full time jobs: -71,000 (yep, negative)
Part-time jobs: +384,000
Multiple jobs: +92,000

Low-end, part-time, jobs are what Biden and the left are crowing about. People are taking second jobs to make ends meet due to the rampant inflation the current junta has imposed - that's why the number of drivers working for Uber went up 77% last month (not a typo). The reality is that the Biden economy is destroying good jobs and leaving us with part-time, make-shift, work to make ends meet.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2022, 01:48:04 PM »
I think you should feel like backing up your claim.
Seriously: why? I know it's not going to matter to you, because you're the most intellectually dishonest person on this forum, and I'm certainly not concerned by the suggestion that someone nameless who has presumably written for the Washington Post at least once appears to disagree with me while speaking in broad generalizations about inflation. Is there some other reason that you think your alleged quote demands a response?

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2022, 01:57:25 PM »
But, we know it's Biden energy policies that is driving inflation in the country, because there is no inflation problem in any other country in the world. So it has to be something we are doing domestically.

Oh, wait...  ;)

Tell me you don't understand the oil market without telling me you don't understand the oil market.

Well, that is easy to rebut:

What the heck are you saying??  :o

I understand the oil market as well as you, maybe better!  So if you got any complaints, spell them out.  Don't sit there like some bloated Buddha and proclaim I don't know the subject without giving even a hint to what you're talking about!  Or is this your level of debate:  "Nah, nah, nah!  You don't know nothing.  Ha!  Ha! Blurrrrrp!"?

Grow up, show some respect, and explain yourself.  Or just go away and play with those who would appreciate your level of "debate."  >:(

Ouija Nightmare

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »
*sigh* No. We were a net petroleum exporter, mainly due to overproduction in the Gulf that made it make more sense to sell gas to Mexico (and, in fact, desperately unload it to anyone who'd take it) than send it back into America as prices cratered. This is not as good a thing as it sounds.

-------

Crunch, from everything I've ever seen you post on the topic, I'm pretty confident that I know more about the price of oil than you do. That said, inflation is not currently being driven by energy costs, regardless of the price of fuel. How can you tell? Because corporate profits, across all sectors, are outpacing costs by nearly an order of magnitude; prices are not being raised to cover currently rising costs, but at best are being raised to recoup expected costs that have not as yet materialized (and, frankly, I think that's a pretty generous reading) or, as appears to be the case for the petroleum industry, to pay back investors after a couple disastrous years.

You seem to be completely unaware of how the price of oil is determined.

I'll give you an example, via Washington Post:
A main driver of the wave of inflation besetting the country is the price of energy — all forms of energy.

But please, go ahead and tell the class how the price of oil is set. Don't Google it! Just write out a few lines about how it's done. I'll get my popcorn.

Sounds like you’re trying to make an argument here for moving away from fossil fuel dependency. Though it’s a really indirect long winded way of doing it. Are you afraid of tipping off your sponsors?

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2022, 08:29:05 PM »
...Sounds like you’re trying to make an argument here for moving away from fossil fuel dependency. Though it’s a really indirect long winded way of doing it. Are you afraid of tipping off your sponsors?

Perhaps the pejorative ID of "Fossil Fuels" would sit better if the idea that it is a renewable, non-fossil energy source gained more acceptance.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2022, 08:22:58 AM »
I think you should feel like backing up your claim.
Seriously: why? I know it's not going to matter to you, because you're the most intellectually dishonest person on this forum, and I'm certainly not concerned by the suggestion that someone nameless who has presumably written for the Washington Post at least once appears to disagree with me while speaking in broad generalizations about inflation. Is there some other reason that you think your alleged quote demands a response?

Ok todd, i get it. Your mouth wrote a check you can’t cash. Everyone sees that. You hve to resort to logical fallacy to make your case which means you’re full of *censored*.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2022, 08:24:35 AM »

Oh, wait...  ;)

Well, that is easy to rebut:

What the heck are you saying??  :o

I understand the oil market as well as you, maybe better!  So if you got any complaints, spell them out.  Don't sit there like some bloated Buddha and proclaim I don't know the subject without giving even a hint to what you're talking about!  Or is this your level of debate:  "Nah, nah, nah!  You don't know nothing.  Ha!  Ha! Blurrrrrp!"?

Grow up, show some respect, and explain yourself.  Or just go away and play with those who would appreciate your level of "debate."  >:(

Doubling down. Very sad. You clearly don’t know jack *censored*. I mean seriously. What you posted is so wrong it, it sounds like something a 7th grader would say.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2022, 08:26:11 AM »
I note, Crunch, that you have dodged MY question while pretending that I'm dodging one of yours