Author Topic: There is no I in Team  (Read 459 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
There is no I in Team
« on: November 07, 2021, 03:35:08 PM »
So what do you say about all of these sports figures who will not get vaccinated and are costing their teams?  I mean supposedly these guys will do anything to help their team win except get a vaccine that hundreds of millions of Americans have taken with almost no serious side effects. Aaron Rodgers even lied about  his status.  I mean saying he was "immunized" when he knew he had not  had Covid or the shot is lying.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: There is no I in Team
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »
There is no "I" in team, but with "me" there is only "Ta."  ;D

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 06:24:55 PM »
There is no argument. Since natural immunity and antibodies are not in existence according to Biden, and since most athletes are quite healthy and any flu hits them quite lightly, what's the big deal? There is no authority that gives Biden the right to mandate anything. Look at his stance against the Catholic Church and abortion to see his hypocrisy.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »
Here we have athletes ready to risk life altering injuries and long term negative health outcomes such as CTE to play their sport. They undergo experimental surgeries to try and get on the field quicker. Many of them take "supplements" that they can't even say what is in them (often PED). What is it that has some of them look at a vaccine that is proven safer than any of those other things, and conclude "nope, not for me".

Remember when the NBA got shut down? Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert flaunted protocols and groped all the microphones at a press event and later turned out to be positive for covid. Maybe the answer is that because they are taking on so many risks, they don't care about the risk of covid - and many of them have already had it. But that doesn't explain why they aren't willing to take on a trivial risk by comparison to avoid protocols for unvaccinated athletes.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »
Drake, you're forgetting "lived experience" in all of this. Most NBA players are black.

And if you've bothered to look into history in the United States and medical treatments "recommended by the United States Government" blacks have a laundry list of reasons for not wanting to buy in.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »
Wm
I think you miss the point.  Rodgers lied about getting vaccinated at the start. This has nothing to do with natural immunity from having had Covid. He did not get Covid until recently.

And he let his team down.  He is not allowed to play now. 

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 12:27:06 PM »
Drake, you're forgetting "lived experience" in all of this. Most NBA players are black.

And if you've bothered to look into history in the United States and medical treatments "recommended by the United States Government" blacks have a laundry list of reasons for not wanting to buy in.

At least that's the excuse we keep hearing.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »
in a interview with Rodgers he said he was immunized based on various supplements and stuff he was taking as recommended by those he trusted and that passed his critical thinking abilities.
Essentially he placed his trust people without any background in the study of virus and took their advice and took stuff that also have a probability of negative side effects and little data on impact on the virus. 

I have a number of friends who are anti vax and willing to ingest stuff from sources that I personally find very questionable. Its a matter of trust and they don't trust science and its method while more them willing to trust a person with intuition about such things...

I've also observed two primary attitudes of those against masks and vaccines as a relates to their concept of freedom and being our 'brothers keeper'. 
Wearing a mask is about me and does not protect me enough to put one on - verses - wearing a mask is about others, the probability infecting others if unknowingly contagious is less if I were a mask

Getting vaccinated is about me, I'm healthy and will be fine if I get sick - verses - getting the vaccine improves the probability of me getting sick and the probability of me infecting others. 

Freedom as in me me me verses Freedom as part of a social contract.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
There is no I in Team USA, right?

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 01:35:16 PM »
Correction
Getting vaccinated is about me, I'm healthy and will be fine if I get sick - verses - getting the vaccine improves the probability of me not getting sick and the probability of me not infecting others.

That is a very general statement as to how I observe most of the debates on the matter degenerating to.

Within my circle I've discovers many more anti-vax then I expected but mostly for distrusting anything that isn't organic and natural which I understand though. I personally not sure as to what qualifies as organic and natural anymore.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »

Yeah, I hear this a lot, but it loses a little wind when there are over 100 million white people who have already taken it, never mind the ones overseas who have entirely different governments. Are black NBA players concerned that the prime minister of New Zealand is out to get them? They have the means to get immunized anywhere in the world, I reckon.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 12:46:02 AM »
Why is natural immunity and antibodies from surviving the Wuhan Flu not a part of the mandate? Since the rate of Covid with children is less than with the seasonal flu, and with less mortality (Most mortality with kids is from other causes - not Covid), why is a mandate necessary?

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 04:04:44 AM »
They don't want to tell you this so I'll say it. They don't want recovery to be an option because they think that will just encourage people to go out and get it like kids used to have done with chickenpox parties, or just by being reckless and not masking up in crowded areas until they do get it and of course since most will be asymptomatic they'll spread it around some too. But anyway, that's the reason. Two words. Perverse incentive.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2021, 07:46:07 AM »
Wm

Why do you keep changing the subject? The subject is Rodgers lying about his vaccination status and betraying his team mates. Putting them at risk.  At least the black NBA players have the courage of their convictions to accept the penalty for not being vaccinated. I think they are wrong in their position, but as the history of non violent protest goes, you accept the results of your protest.

Rodgers was and is a coward.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 08:43:57 AM »
Kelly the state has seen more than 56,000 cases of COVID-19 in children ages 5-11 to date and called the Pfizer vaccine “an incredible tool” that can help stop that number from rising.

“COVID-19 nationally has become the sixth-leading cause of death for this age group,” Kelly said. She said the Delta variant hit young people very hard, harder than the original strain.

Fact for you wm, I'm interested to see which method you will use to disregard it.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 08:57:46 AM »
He was talking about the original Covid (which was going to go away, like a miracle, by Easter 2019, but is really a hoax anyway) not this new hoax covid, which is just like the flu and can be treated if you just drink bleach and take horse dewormer.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 08:58:43 AM »
Also, evolution is a hoax so the idea that Covid could change like that is so far beyond belief that it must not have happened.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 07:42:48 PM »
Wm

Why do you keep changing the subject? The subject is Rodgers lying about his vaccination status and betraying his team mates. Putting them at risk.  At least the black NBA players have the courage of their convictions to accept the penalty for not being vaccinated. I think they are wrong in their position, but as the history of non violent protest goes, you accept the results of your protest.

Rodgers was and is a coward.

No, that would be Terry Bradshaw, who repeated all the disinformation about Rodgers. Cow-dewormer?

Science doesn't support a mandate that ignores anti-bodies and natural immunity. Rodgers was right, healthy people aren't really terrified of Covid. If you want to be angry at someone over the Wuhan flu - go after Fauci.

ScottF

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »
Wm

Why do you keep changing the subject? The subject is Rodgers lying about his vaccination status and betraying his team mates. Putting them at risk.

At risk, lol. Healthy and relatively young pro athletes are as much "at risk" from covid as they are from their limo crashing on the way to the game. I'm open to being wrong if you have a list of dead or hospitalized NFL players you'd like to share. The level of science and statistics denial re:covid is staggering.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2021, 08:21:37 PM »
How about the older relatives of the players?  Rodgers gets sick and does not realize it.  His team mates think he is vaccinated, but he has Covid and spreads it to his team mate.  His team mate, who does not realize he has been infected goes to visit his parents or grandparents, who have some other complicating factor. The team mate show no symptoms but is still contagious and gives it to  his parents or grandparents.

One of them dies.

Direct line from Rodgers to the dead family member.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 08:55:09 AM »
Wm you keep talking about anti bodies and natural immunity but Rodgers did not have any of that.  You are arguing a different point.

Rogers said he had immunity. From what? It was not Covid, not when he first said it. Not from a vaccine. then from what?  Some homeopathic treatment? Come on.

He lied about his situation because he knew there would be consequences if the told the truth. He was a coward.  He did not put the team first, he put himself first.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
And, not to mention, you don't have to get hospitalized to hurt your team. You can't play when you are on the covid-IR, and neither can any of your teammates you pass it on to. Even in a world where you believe vaccines are utter bullcrap and that the league should mind its own business and stop all their protocols and testing, it is an undeniable fact that you are missing games. Here's another example:

This is, without question, one of the stupidest things not only of the 2020 NFL season, but perhaps all time. The four Broncos quarterbacks, Drew Lock, Blake Bortles, Brett Rypien and Jeff Driskell couldn’t handle sitting apart for a couple of hours, so with the decision making and planning skills of toddlers who’ve been told they can’t have dessert before dinner, went about devising a scheme so they could sit right next to each other and watch film.

Just let the monumental stupidity of this moment wash over you. This was in November, before there was a Covid vaccine, when there were already over 250,000 recorded deaths due to the virus. Every player in the NFL was aware the future of the season hung in the balance and relied on players doing their part to mask up, social distance and submit to testing. At 4-6 there was still a chance Denver could make the playoffs with a big push on the back-end of the season.

Then these four morons decided they were going to take off their monitoring systems, put them in the corners of the room, and “get one over” on the NFL, like teenagers passing notes when the teacher leaves the room. Naturally, they were too dumb to think about the fact there were surveillance cameras watching them, so they’d all get stuck in Covid protocols for breaking the rules — and the NFL wasn’t sympathetic to the team when they begged for the game to be delayed.

Vaccines weren't even in the mix. They didn't even get covid. They hurt their team - badly.

You might disagree with the penalty for "excessive celebration" it doesn't change the fact that this is a rule and you'll penalize your team if you do it.