Author Topic: Extraordinary incompetence or wicked sense of humor  (Read 430 times)

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
Extraordinary incompetence or wicked sense of humor
« on: April 26, 2022, 06:01:33 PM »
Someone in the FSB was either mindbogglingly incompetent or has a wicked sense of humor and is willing to risk Putins rath,

planted evidence of an assassination attempt included 3 copies of 'The Sims' (presumably someone wanted sim cards) and a book inscription with the signature "Signature unclear".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/04/26/russian-assassination-sims-3/

Malicious link removed and replaced at original poster's request. - OrneryMod
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:25:24 PM by OrneryMod »

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Extraordinary incompetence or wicked sense of humor
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 06:06:45 PM »
Someone in the FSB was either mindbogglingly incompetent or has a wicked sense of humor and is willing to risk Putins rath,

planted evidence of an assassination attempt included 3 copies of 'The Sims' (presumably someone wanted sim cards) and a book inscription with the signature "Signature unclear".

https://www.arabdown.org/en/russian-proof-of-ukrainian-assassination-attempt-gets-mercilessly-ridiculed

Yes, some people I've spoken to are highly skeptical that Putin's intelligence service could be so incompetent to actually miss such errors and allow that to 'go to print'. On the other hand I think that if there's enough corruption, stupidity, and cronyism in a dictator's circle, I could envision a scenario where there is no one left who's highly competent. Just purge anyone capable of independent thought over 20 years and that's what you'd be left with. So even if it's a troll who planted these things, it would require a significant explanation of how that would get the final green light.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 06:26:52 PM »
Your link acts pathologically on my system. It was attempting to install plugins.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 06:29:54 PM »
...some people I've spoken to are highly skeptical that Putin's intelligence service could be so incompetent to actually miss such errors and allow that to 'go to print'. On the other hand I think that if there's enough corruption, stupidity, and cronyism in a dictator's circle, I could envision a scenario where there is no one left who's highly competent. Just purge anyone capable of independent thought over 20 years and that's what you'd be left with. So even if it's a troll who planted these things, it would require a significant explanation of how that would get the final green light.

Putin is propped up in office primarily by the oligarchs who have now been individually targeted by sanctions. Putin may be under attack from within.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 06:39:25 PM »
Your link acts pathologically on my system. It was attempting to install plugins.

Yikes!

Here is a washingtonpost on the same thing, hopefully the moderator can delete the link in the original post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/04/26/russian-assassination-sims-3/

I had opened a bunch of links to make sure it wasn't a hoax and grabbed the wrong one when I was posting and wasn't aware that any of them engaged in obnoxious behavior.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 07:09:13 AM »
Thanks LR. At least you know somebody bothers to read your links. ;)

The entire operation is bizarre.