Author Topic: Roll Tide  (Read 3938 times)

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
Roll Tide
« on: October 27, 2022, 11:41:36 PM »
Well, the Red Wave (TM) cometh. 

At least that is what I've been hearing for the past 12 months. 

Taking a look at 538, I see that the Democrats are just slightly favored to win the Senate now, either gaining seats or maintaining 50-50 split, and the Republicans are solidly favored to win the House, with an average of 229 seats controlled. 

Now, as waves go, a gain of +16 seats in the House of Representatives, isn't really a large wave.  It's not really surfable.  It's kinda like a Florida Keys surf.  Like something in a swimming pool if someone has a decent fart in it.  The largest midterm wave in US history was in 1938, when the Democrats lost a total of 81 seats in the House, coming down from an all time height after the 1936 election and the re-election of FDR, when the Dems controlled 75%+ of the House and almost 80% of the Senate.  Then the nation cooled on the New Deal and court packing.  Mainly northern Republicans, by the way.  Then the Republicans joined up with southern Democrats to basically put an end to the New Deal.  The Dems got a little bump with FDRs re-election in 1940, but the dizzying heights reached during the Great Depression were never to be reached again. 

Of course, it's possible that the Republicans win as many as 27 seats or more.  Still not exactly a "wave" that you could write home to momma about.  Barrack Obama lost 63 seats in 2010 thanks to the T-Party and the theft of populism by the Republican party.  That was a pretty good wave.  27 is kinda like Reagan in 1982.  Then again, the Dems have the same liklihood of actually holding the House as the Republicans have of gaining 27 seats.  Kinda sad, really.  Dark Brandon may hold more House seats than any Democrat President during their first term since JFK. 

Now, just two weeks ago the numbers were very different.  Things were looking actually decent for the Democrats in the Senate and House.  Since then, there has been a massive shift in sentiments in polls.  There are plenty of theories.  Some believe it is because the Dems main talking points, like abortion, Jan 6, are fizzling out and were never of prime concern anyways to the majority of undecided voters.  Rather, the economy, inflation, and the border are effecting more people.  Personally, I believe that Q and -48, supported by The Mental Declassifier, have interrupted the supply of children's blood for Dark Brandon.  Shame they can't get more than 27 seats with all that power.  Sad. 

The Senate races of course are turning more on personalities than anything else. Warnock may still win in Georgia because Walker couldn't figure out how to use a condom.  I don't think Fetterman will win in Pennslyvania now, but apparently I am overestimating Pennsylvania voters.  I have no clue who is going to win in Nevada.  I have a sneaky feeling, because this is usually how things go with polls, they always end up slightly wrong in one direction.  Whichever direction it skews to this time will decide who wins the Senate.  I don't think it will end up being a split.  I think either the Dems will PA, GA, and NV, or the Republicans will win them all.  It will also decide how much of a red splash is made in the House. 

There is still plenty of room left until November 8th.  But I think you can safely put up the surf boards and maybe just bring some flip-flops. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Tide
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 12:09:25 PM »
Predictions are firming up, but the average really hasn't moved that much.  We've gone from the Red Wave (TM) being an average of +13 to +19.  If the trend were to continue and the election pushed back to December, the Red Wave (TM) might approach 2006/1982 territory.  Momentum seems to be against the Democrats at the moment. 

The real story seems to be the utter collapse of the democrat's chances to hold the Senate.  Wheras at some point they were shoe-ins to maintain, they now appear to be on the brink of losing Georgia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.  Against Dr Oz and Hershel Walker, of all people.  It appears that the only thing that can approach the incompetence of the Republican party in choosing candidates and managing their campaigns is the Democratic party. 

Stacey Abrams is DOA.  Who would have guessed?  Telling everybody the game is rigged doesn't seem to help turnout.   Keri Lake seems poised to take Arizona.  Oregon.  LOL!  Oregon is threatening to elect a Republican governor. 

Of course, there still is a chance of a real Red Wave (TM).  Something substantial like +40.  But there is just as likely a chance as a Blue Suprize(TM).  Until then, the most likely occurrence is a Red Toilet Overflow (TM). 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 07:15:16 PM »
I'm hearing stories online that the premature lid flipping is already beginning.  Like epic level Liberal Tears Meme Howl of Despair level.  Like: End of Democracy (TM) level. 

I'm kinda proud that none of you politically over-invested weirdos are taking it that far.  Good for y'all.  Good for Ornery.  I have to say I think it's embarrassing for them and shows a definite lack of character and sense of reality/history.  Here, we remain sober and thoughtful in the face of tragedy and defeat. 

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 09:15:14 PM »
Oh, don't get me wrong. If Wisconsin somehow manages to elect Michaels, who has promised to establish one-party rule in the state and has the legislative votes AND Supreme Court to do it, I will despair.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 08:51:33 AM »
For those of you starting to chub up:

1.  Take a cold shower.  Nobody cares.  Do your job.  Go to work.  Have a drink. 

2.  There are going to be plenty of close races.  Don't expect to get answers by midnight on the 9th.  The *censored* will take too long again, but too bad.  First person who starts crying foul and shananigans and fraud, I will throw the entire book of Deuteronomy at.  I will summon Cthulhu.  I'd throw you out if I could.  Accept now that you can lose. 

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 09:13:32 AM »
The benefit of the other side cheating by voter suppression and disenfranchisement: losing is always an option.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 09:37:07 AM »
The benefit of the other side cheating by voter suppression and disenfranchisement: losing is always an option.

::)  Couldn't help yourself, huh?  20 points off for Hufflepuff. 

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
I meant that "my" will at least accept the counting of the votes.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 09:49:37 AM »
My fingers are crossed. We're seeing some interesting polling data here in south-central Wisconsin and out by my dad's district in eastern Michigan that suggests this might not be the "Red Wave" everyone's been fearing. It could be down to timing patterns, of course, and could all be an illusion -- but I think we're going to see a LOT of Republicans claiming to be surprised by results and refusing to accept them because they're inconsistent with the polls from three weeks ago.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 10:09:35 AM »
My fingers are crossed. We're seeing some interesting polling data here in south-central Wisconsin and out by my dad's district in eastern Michigan that suggests this might not be the "Red Wave" everyone's been fearing. It could be down to timing patterns, of course, and could all be an illusion -- but I think we're going to see a LOT of Republicans claiming to be surprised by results and refusing to accept them because they're inconsistent with the polls from three weeks ago.

538 has been trending in the wrong direction for a while. Abortion has been fading as an issue, inflation has been increasing as an issue. Republicans seem more motivated to vote. House maps strongly favor republicans. I'm just hoping that the Democrats manage to maintain a 50/50 senate. Hope you guys win the governors race in Wisconsin. "Republicans will never lose another election after I'm elected" is scary crap. Probably slight hyperbole, but its hard to tell on the political extremes these days. Particularly with his history of Trump election denialism. Oz and Walker are cartoonishly bad candidates. But both look like they may be sitting in the Senate for 6 years. Hope we can avoid the worst outcomes. A Republican house is going to be bad enough. If they win the Democrats better eliminate the debt ceiling in the lame duck session. Republicans are already talking about more hostage tactics with it.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 10:30:12 AM »
Can I just say how irritated I am that Republican strategists are pushing inflation and crime as major issues? It's the most obvious and obnoxious pandering, but their base is completely clueless about it.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 10:56:41 AM »
Can I just say how irritated I am that Republican strategists are pushing inflation and crime as major issues? It's the most obvious and obnoxious pandering, but their base is completely clueless about it.

Just like they push the number of apprehensions at the southern boarder as Biden doing nothing to stop people from coming. The right wing media echo chamber is scary effective. They have a ton of online "fake local" media outlets. They have Fox/OAN then more extreme voices. And Republican leaders and voices really don't seem to be constrained by facts anymore. They learned from Trump. I was hoping his downfall after the 6th would have purged the party of some of his nonsense. But the Senate failed the country in failing to convict and prevent him from ever running for office again. So he has strengthened his grip on the party. Gerrymandering and primaries have never been good for getting moderates in office but its getting worse. 90+% of house seats are safe. So you just have to make sure you can't be outflanked by someone in your party. America's system worked for a long time. But its the foundation is getting shaky now. We need some repairs but it seems like the Republican party is willing to destroy the system for power.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 11:05:51 AM »
If Republicans win they will probably say it proves that Biden stole the 2020 election because now with their armed militiamen and others watching the poles they kept this one from getting stolen. I'm starting to see the thing about Russian bots popping up again so Democrats may go back to claiming that again if they aren't smart enough to realize it's going to well once too often.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 11:15:39 AM »
It would be nice to imagine that Russians only interfere in elections every so often, to keep things from getting too stale.

But if Republicans win the House, I promise you they will immediately move to impeach Biden under any pretext available.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 11:22:52 AM »
MTG has tried to impeach Biden around a dozen time already. Of course it never goes anywhere.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 11:29:51 AM »
If Republicans win they will probably say it proves that Biden stole the 2020 election because now with their armed militiamen and others watching the poles they kept this one from getting stolen. I'm starting to see the thing about Russian bots popping up again so Democrats may go back to claiming that again if they aren't smart enough to realize it's going to well once too often.

Russian bots/trolls are active. Are they a deciding factor in any races? Probably not. Is it something we should be more worried about than in person voter fraud? Yes. Foreign state sponsored propaganda is something we should be concerned with. Russian propagandist work to elevate the extremes of both parties. They find a more receptive home on the right, but it doesn't mean they don't work to inflame tensions on the left as well. A house filled with all AOCs and MTGs isn't going to be effective at governing. That's all Russia cares about. Make the US dysfunctional, unable to support Ukraine. Leave Russia to bully their neighbors and in their dreams western Europe as well.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2022, 11:40:14 AM »
But if Republicans win the House, I promise you they will immediately move to impeach Biden under any pretext available.

Sincerely doubt.  What would be the charges?  It wouldn't go anywhere.  They don't have the votes in the Senate anyways.  I wouldn't even have 51 votes in the Senate.  Cocaine Mitch won't play stupid games because he doesn't like stupid prizes. 

First will be a dumbass border bill, which may or may not get past the Senate.  Before even that they will pull the plug on the Jan 6 committee.  Then they will start all kind of stupid "investigations" on the Biden admin that will never go anywhere but will provide a space for the nutsos to get on TV every night.  It's all theater.  The Republican Congress will be unable to do jack because they will not have the Presidency and will not have enough votes in the Senate for stupid crap.  It will be the same as it was under Obama.  Theater. 

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 11:42:53 AM »
Tumblr bots (which must have been a waste of money) were mostly interested in cultivating a "pox on both your houses" attitude rather than to sway people to one side or another.

Apparently the error bars of the poll aggregations encompass a red wave or a total rout of the GOP. So things might be very fun for the rest of the week.

ETA: The House will impeach Biden because otherwise Trump turn on them.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 11:44:29 AM »
Sincerely doubt.  What would be the charges?  It wouldn't go anywhere.
I think you give the Republicans too much credit by assuming they want to achieve anything. Their whole goal -- their entire goal -- for the last decade has been to obstruct the actual mechanisms of government through sturm und drang.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
The charge will be Treason for not defending the southern border.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »
So some Russians have admitted to interfering with US elections.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russias-prigozhin-admits-interfering-u-115844580.html

So a buddy of Putin, sort of like Trump since they are such good friends, says he has and will continue to interfere with US elections.
I wonder which side they interfered for?

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 12:21:34 PM »
Sincerely doubt.  What would be the charges?  It wouldn't go anywhere.
I think you give the Republicans too much credit by assuming they want to achieve anything. Their whole goal -- their entire goal -- for the last decade has been to obstruct the actual mechanisms of government through sturm und drang.

Going from a belief in small government to no government except when it comes to enforcement of that ideal 'freedom'. Then big government all the way.   

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 12:27:33 PM »
Let's go

$200 each says Senate does not find Uncle Joe guilty on any charges in articles of impeachment passed by the House on anything Uncle Joe has done up to 11/6/22

$100 each says House does not even pass any articles of impeachment on anything Uncle Joe has done up to 11/6/22, including "border security". 

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 12:36:39 PM »
I don't think any charges will pass the House, but I feel fairly confident that MTG will try and use Treason as her reason for the season.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2022, 01:00:08 PM »
I don't think any charges will pass the House, but I feel fairly confident that MTG will try and use Treason as her reason for the season.

Nutty Squirrel is going to nutty squirrel.  Recall that she only got 70% of her primary vote.  I don't think she lost any votes for not being crazy enough.  All she needs to do is lose another 20%.  She probably knows this. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 10:28:18 PM »
Seems Fetterman is beating Oz so far.  It appears that the good voters of Pennsylvania would rather have a Senator having suffered from a stroke than a Senator from New Jersey.  Good to have priorities. 

The close race seems to be in Georgia.  People from Arizona are already complaining about voter suppression in Georgia.  You couldn't make this up. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 10:46:58 PM »
LOL!  Boobear losing in Colorado.  Given a 97 in 100 chance of winning by 538!  It couldn't happen to a better person except Monoterpine Glycoside. 

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 08:01:19 AM »
Well Vance won in Ohio. Damn I was hoping to flip one more Senate seat.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 08:27:29 AM »
Depending on how GA turns out Trump is about 1 for 4 (Vance in Ohio, but lost PA,AZ and probably GA.)  Not a good night for Trump.  Ohio was a long shot anyway.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 08:53:23 AM »
Depending on how GA turns out Trump is about 1 for 4 (Vance in Ohio, but lost PA,AZ and probably GA.)  Not a good night for Trump.  Ohio was a long shot anyway.

2 for 5. He got Ted Budd in NC. Congressman, not full Trump crazy. But Trump did endorse him through the primary and he beat a former Republican governor to get the nomination. NC was a long shot for a pick up to, but it was in the ballpark.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 08:57:04 AM »
PA is the big one since it was a R seat and has now flipped D.  Ohio was R and is staying R. Would have been great to flip another one.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »
Most likely outcome right now looks to be another 50/50 Senate (assuming Warnock beats Walker in a runoff). Then the house is going to be closer than anyone imagined. Democrats got aided by the fact the NC congressional map got thrown out by the state supreme court and redrawn by a special master appointed by the court. Dems actually went from 5-8 to 7-7 (picked up a seat in the census). If the NC legislature wins before the supreme court or just redraws the maps republicans will flip 3-4 seats in the next election. They won the state SC races so unlikely they will get shut down as hard in state court again. Democrats also seem to be aided by bat*censored* crazy Republicans finally being too much for their voters. Boebert losing in her safe Colorado district being the highlight. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 09:53:25 AM »
The buzz this morning is that the Red Wave(TM) didn't happen.  But that's no surprise.  But I think the calls are kinda pre-mature.  Probably need to wait and see just how many seats The Republicans pick up before there is a bunch of celebration or wailing.  But pundits and the politically over-invested can't help themselves. 

I don't think I can make any commentary at this point until the picture shapes up a bit more. 

Georgia is going to be a runnoff between Walker and Warnock.  Arizona gov race will be a recount, if they ever are able to count their votes.  If the *censored* hits the fan anywhere it will be in Arizona.  How many stupid recounts did they have over the last two years? 

I dunno.  I'm just not surprised about any of it.  I guess the big news has already been talked about.  Pennsylvania.  How close Georgia and Arizona is. 

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »

I dunno.  I'm just not surprised about any of it.  I guess the big news has already been talked about.  Pennsylvania.  How close Georgia and Arizona is.

The ways the polls were headed the pessimist in me was expecting to wake up to a 53R-47D senate and a Republican house advantage of 20+ seats. We'll still have to see about Georgia, unless all the outstanding votes are Warnock that's headed to a runoff. I like Warnock's chances there. Walker isn't an inspirational candidate that makes people want to turn out to vote for him.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »
Happy to say I've avoided any coverage and what I suspect the usual 'speculation' reporting on the reporting dressed up as news

Am wondering what Republican's think of Trump warning DeSantis against running for president in 2024 and threatening to release unflattering information him, as if todays consirvitiers haven't learned to look past unflattering information as it suits them. Saw that BBC headline and you just have to laugh at the irony

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2022, 10:41:54 AM »
Trump also implied that DeSantis is dependent on his wife to run his campaign.

I really do not get this loyalty to Trump first and foremost.  I mean is not our highest loyalty to our Country first? Then maybe Party? Trump throws that all out and makes loyalty to him personally the highest order.

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2022, 10:50:37 AM »
It's too soon to know how things have shaken out here in Wisconsin, but I'm still cautiously optimistic. My dad, who's a Democratic party secretary in eastern Michigan, is absolutely over the moon with joy.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »

I really do not get this loyalty to Trump first and foremost.  I mean is not our highest loyalty to our Country first? Then maybe Party? Trump throws that all out and makes loyalty to him personally the highest order.

Boggles the mind but history is full of such examples of the 'oddest' of personalities getting that kind of loyalty. Most of the examples don't end well but were smarter then our ancestors so won't fall for that again.   

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2022, 10:54:26 AM »
It's too soon to know how things have shaken out here in Wisconsin, but I'm still cautiously optimistic. My dad, who's a Democratic party secretary in eastern Michigan, is absolutely over the moon with joy.

At least you guys kept the governor's race. No election denier governor who said Democrat's would never win another election. Michigan with the new redistricting commission was a solid D win across the board it sounds like.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2022, 10:57:33 AM »

Boggles the mind but history is full of such examples of the 'oddest' of personalities getting that kind of loyalty. Most of the examples don't end well but were smarter then our ancestors so won't fall for that again.

Best thing is we have Trump's age working against him. Biden is older, but Trump's cult of personality largely ends when he exits the stage. Not that he hasn't damaged the Republican party significantly. But Trump choosing such poor candidates has limited that damage.

Ouija Nightmare

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
Seems like a bunch of conservatives are starting to realize that the party has a Trump problem.

My guess is they’re praying for him to die suddenly in the next few minutes before the 2024 presidential heats up.

If he doesn’t then it’s going to get really interesting.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2022, 11:02:11 AM »
Well of course Trump will claim that none of this is his fault. He has absolutely no blame at all.

How Trump has swayed the Republicans like this astounds me.

Ouija Nightmare

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2022, 11:07:48 AM »
Well of course Trump will claim that none of this is his fault. He has absolutely no blame at all.

Sure, but he’s sitting on a dragon’s horde of campaign cash and was really miserly dispensing it. In a campaign where democrats outspent republicans many of the larger Republican donors are wondering why their money wasn’t at work.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »
Ted Cruz asked that exact same thing. He said Trump had over $100 million and spent almost none of it.  I mean look at it from Trump's point of view.  He grifted that from his followers fair and square. Why should he share it? Just like the documents and gifts he took, that is his money, not anyone elses.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 11:17:50 AM »
Seems like a bunch of conservatives are starting to realize that the party has a Trump problem.

I've heard that 100 times already.  I heard it after Jan 6.  I heard it after he told DeSanctimonious off.  I heard it when he started polling big in 2015.  I heard it during the debates of 2016.  I heard it EVERY time he said or tweeted something stupid.  I heard it after the chatte grabber episode.  I heard it after the 2020 election in November and December.  I hear it every dang day. 

But it's always the same people saying it.  And it's always some of the same people that just don't care or come running back to his Lordship's good graces afterwards.  You think JD Vance is somehow just going to say "screw Trump" now?  Or McCarthy?  They're too deep in.  They're not getting out now.  They're like Lloyd and Harold from The Stand.  There is a moment they wish they can't turn back but they always feel they have gone too far, can't turn back now.  There are enough people that just DNGAF.  The Mental Declassifier still is "a fighter", "a great communicator", "a winner".  They're delusional but their vote counts as much as anybody's. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 11:21:31 AM »

He already did.  He's astounding. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJI1kDSXwDU

Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit, and if they lose I should not be blamed at all.

LOL.  But this isn't new!  It's not like he became a *censored* stain of a human being yesterday. 

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 11:26:20 AM »
Trump the embodiment of the Conservative ideal of Personal Responsibility.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 01:15:50 PM »
Still waiting to see how the Trumpist on the site will call this a massive win, a win like you have never seen before, the largest win ever in the history of US elections. And all because of Trump.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2022, 01:34:56 PM »
Still waiting to see how the Trumpist on the site will call this a massive win, a win like you have never seen before, the largest win ever in the history of US elections. And all because of Trump.

Ehhh.  I think the idea is to find someone else to blame.  Hard to spin this.  I still think they're jumping the gun here.  They will still gain control of the House and still have a shot at the Senate, but the narrative is baked in already.  I still just don't get it.  The writing was on the wall that they were only going to gain something like 18 seats.  I said that a week ago.  It's not news.  I'm not that smart.  Not about polling and politics anyways.  I just read.  But suddenly it's BIG NEWZ. 

But it looks like behind the scenes the first person to get blamed is Melania. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-furious-over-oz-losing-pennsylvania-blames-wife-melania-endorsement-report

I mean, I don't know how accurate the report is.  It's kinda clickbaitish.  It's not public.  I'll wait awhile for His High Declassifierness to make an actual statement.  Everything I read says that the GOP brokers want to dump L'Orange and annoint Desanctis the new messiah.  There are rumors they're trying to postpone Lord Tinyhand's "big announcement" on the 14th, which many suspected was going to be him saying he was going to run for President again. 

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »
The justification for the narrative is that this should have been a cake walk for the GOP. Almost all the historical indicators were against the Democrats. The GOP should not have suffered several high profile losses and should have easily taken the House and Senate.