Author Topic: Will Trump burn down the Republican Party if DeSantis runs?  (Read 1050 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
Will Trump burn down the Republican Party if DeSantis runs?
« on: November 10, 2022, 08:56:56 AM »
So Trump is already feeling the heat from his terrible loss on Tuesday and DeSantis's huge win in FL.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-latest-mini-meltdown-shows-101045220.html

Trump, of course, has said it would be disloyal for anyone to run against him in as a Republican. Although it only be disloyal to him and not the Party or the Country.

So since Trump has this entitled feeling about being the only candidate and has already hinted at dirt he has on DeSantis (probably gotten from his time in office) how far will Trump go to destroy DeSantis?

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump burn down the Republican Party if DeSantis runs?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
So since Trump has this entitled feeling about being the only candidate and has already hinted at dirt he has on DeSantis (probably gotten from his time in office) how far will Trump go to destroy DeSantis?

As far as he can. 

As I said yesterday, the GOP "Operative" class is already trying to annoint DeSanctis as the new messiah.  But of course these are the same people who have tried to quit L'Orange time and again.  It may be a little different this time.  The Republican 4th Column has been turning away from the Mental Declassifier since this summer.  Very slowly. 

What hasn't changed is that 75-80% of the Republican House of Representatives are loyal Soldiers of "Il Don".  We're talking vote against certifying the election soldiers of National Christian Conservatism.  The NatCs.  I don't think they have anywhere else to go.  They're going to follow Kevin McCarthy into the dark fathoms.  I think the NatCs have too much invested in Il Don and Trumpism.  There is no other power block within the Republican party as powerful and as dedicated.  They already sold their soul to the Great Grabber.  They can't turn back now.  What's Ronna McDaniel gonna do? 

I don't know if DeSanctis can rally the NeverTrump block of Republicans.  1) Too many of them have left the Republican party anyways.  2) He's not exactly the poster boy for AntiTrumpism.  Not in the way Cheney is.  He hasn't exactly been at the forefront of "The Resistance".  He's part of the group that has been trying to find a "middle way", and there just isn't a "middle way" when it comes to Il Don. 

Plus, lets face it, the Democrats will focus their fire on DeSanctis.  Just like they did all their BS this summer with supporting Il Don's followers in primaries.  It worked for them.  They were able to pick up seats in the House because the NatCs won in primaries against Republicans who voted against Lord Tinyhands in certifying the election.  They'll do the same in a Republican primary in 2024.  Pump money into L'Orange against DeSanctis, because they know they can beat Il Don. 

To turn the tide DeSanctis would have to beat Lord Wallbuilder in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, then win a majority of states in both Super Tuesdays.  Only then would the NatCs in the House start trying to distance themselves from Il Don.  And he won't quit.  He'll keep raising money from his followers and sucking up to the Q crowd until the convention.  He'll burn the place down.  He'd tell his people to storm the convention, lol.  Don't think he wouldn't?  You havn't been paying attention to this POS. 

I think that DeSanctis could actually pull off a win in February and March, because I think the Republican 4th Column is turning against him.  You have to watch to see what Carlson and Hannity and the Five and Mark Levin do.  I think Murdoch is already trying to ditch the guy.  But even so, Tinyhands will burn the place down before going down. 

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »
A STATEMENT FROM THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

10 November, 2022

Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn't it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 million to 4.6 Million?  Just asking?

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 10:36:46 AM »
Like all bullies he is a very insecure man boy.

I don't understand how anyone can look at this guy and say Yes this is the man I will give my loyalty to and trust without question, to blindly follow.
It has to be blindly as otherwise I might see myself reflected back in ways I don't want to admit to.

All those pictures of Trump looming behind his candidates at his rallies and such, so creepy.   

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 09:39:56 PM »
It's  pretty unreal.  I mean, I should be asleep right now but I dragged myself just to share such a delightful nugget:

SAVE AMERICA
PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP
NOVEMBER 10, 2022

STATEMENT BY DONALD J TRUMP,
45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer gerat New York Post (bring back Col!), is all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious, an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations, who didn't have to close up his State, but did, unlike other Republican Governors, whose overall numbers for a Republican, were just average -middle of the pack- including COVID, and who has the advantage of SUNSHINE, where people from badly run States up North would go no matter who the Governor was, just like I did!

Ron came to me in desperate shape in 2017-he was politically dead, losing in a landslide to a very good Agriculture Commissioner, Adam Putnam, who was loaded up with cash and great poll numbers.  Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse him, he could win.  I didn't know Adam so I said, "Let's give it a shot, Ron."  When I Endorsed him, it was as though, to use a bad term, a nuclear weapon went off.  Years later, they were the exact words that Adam Putnam used in describing Ron's Endorsement.  He said, "I went from having it made, with no competition, to immediately getting absolutely clobbbered after your Endorsement." I then got Ron by the "Star" of the Democrat Party, Andrew Gilum (who was later revealed to be a "Crack Head"), by having two massive Rallies with tens of thousands of people at each one.  I also fixed his campaign, which had completely fallen apart.  I was all in for Ron, and he beat Gillm, but after the Race, when votes were being stolen by the corrupt Election process in Broward County, and Ron was going down ten thousand votes a day, along with now-Senator Rick Scott, I sent in the FBI and the U.S. Attorneys, and the ballot theft immediately ended, just prior to them running out of the votes necessary to win.  I stopped his Election from being stolen...

And now, Ron DeSanctimonious is playing games!  The Fake News asks him if he's going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, "I'm only focused on the Governor's race, I'm not looking into the future."  Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that's really not the right answer. 

This is just like in 2015 and 2016, a Media Assault (Collusion!), when Fox News fought me to the end until I won, and then they couldn't have been nicer or more supportive.  The Wall Street Journal loved Low Energy Jeb Bush, and a succession of other people as they rapidly disappeared from sight, finally falling in line with me after I easily knocked them out, one by one.  We're in exactly the same position now.  They will keep coming after us, MAGA, but ultimately, we will win.  Put America First and, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 09:42:25 PM »
I don't really like Ron DeSanctis that much.  I have other Republicans I like better.  But I'm to the point that anybody who owns L'Orange is somebody I like.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 06:56:41 AM »
I think it is nearing the point that many Republicans might be slightly relieved should Trump try to "burn down the party" in 2024.

It might cost the Republicans the 2024 election cycle as Trump "splits the vote" that is opposed to the Democrats, but it would at least clear the way for 2026 and onward to be more coherent within the Republican Party. (Or whatever the non-Trumpists form to replace it, if Trump managed to retain functional control of the GOP by some means)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 07:59:11 AM »
That happened so much sooner then I expected. Of course Trump only attacks after he has been attacked, right? I mean according to Wm Trump is very civil until someone attacks him and then he counterpunches.

I have been looking for where DeSantis attacked Trump but have not been able to find it, other than DeSantis did not say he would not run for President in 2024.  I guess that counts as an attack.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »
I feel I should restart the Great Communicator's statement thread. 

A STATEMENT BY THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

11-11-22

Young Kin (now that's an interesting take.  Sounds Chinese, doesn't it?) in Virginia couldn't have won without me.  I Endorsed him, did a very big Trump Rally for him telephonically, got MAGA to VOTE for him - or he couldn't have come close to winning. But he knows that, and admits it.  Besides, having a hard time with Dems in Virginia - But he'll get it done!

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »
So what does the Republican Party do if Trump announces next week and then Warnock wins in GA in Dec and the Dems retain control of the Senate? Will they finally turn on him? I mean he cost them the state 2 years ago and to cost them the state again? Would that not prove that he does not care about the Party?  Just himself?

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 03:31:11 PM »
So what does the Republican Party do if Trump announces next week and then Warnock wins in GA in Dec and the Dems retain control of the Senate? Will they finally turn on him? I mean he cost them the state 2 years ago and to cost them the state again? Would that not prove that he does not care about the Party?  Just himself?

Too many questions.  Too many scenarios. 

So what does the Republican Party do if Trump announces next week and then Warnock wins in GA in Dec and the Dems retain control of the Senate?

What do you mean by "Republican Party"? There are many aspects.  The apparatus?  Ronna McDaniel and the Trumpists now embedded like hookworms in the flesh of the infrastructure of the party?  They won't bat an eye.  Blame the media.  Blame Democrats.  Blame DeSanctis.  Blame the elites.  Blame Ukraine.    The rest of the elites in the party apparatus?  They will get louder about supporting DeSanctis, mentioning all that stuff up above that you did. 

The Republican 4th Column?  Most of them have turned on L'Orange already.  They've all but annointed DeSanctis in the last 24 hours.  All without DeSanctis saying or doing anyting.  ANYTHING.  But this was planned. The people at National Review have been pushing DeSanctis since 2020 as an alternative.  They have been waiting.  They have prepared the battlefield for three years.  They have all the readers.  They just don't have all the watchers and listeners.  And the watchers and listeners outnumber the readers.  But the people who make the stuff that the watchers and listeners watch and listen are primarily readers.  So the top of the food chain has already turned against the Mental Declassifier.  They never really liked him to begin with.  I think they liked to think of him as "an imperfect instrument".  I think some of them really bought the idea of being an illuminati.  A power behind the throne.  Certainly they do at Fox. 

The Republican politicians?  Depends.  They've all had to kiss the ring, except some survivors in the Senate.  Even Cocaine Mitch had to kiss the ring up to Jan 2021.  Now they just wish he would go away.  Again, they never liked him to begin with.  The NatCs in the House though will continue to suck up to L'Orange, because they've already sold their souls.  Trumpers got them elected.  They can't survive without it.  Nobody is going to have the same "thrill" for the NatCs that L'Orange had.  Because nobody else could ever say such stupid *censored* and get away with it.  Getting Mexico to pay for a wall?  Nobody else could lie like that.  Nobody else is that dumb. 

The Lord High Grabber of Kitty is a somewhat unique individual.  Nobody has been able to lie and say outrageous and crazy things like he does, because he is a genuine New York con artist and I don't even know.  Nobody else can come close to what he can say. 

The Republican voters?  The ones still registered as Republicans?  They're still overwhelmingly Trumpist.  They won't change their minds until the media lords tell them different.  And these guys are INVESTED in IL DON.  He is an avatar for themselves and righteousness and goodness.  He's their golden calf.  It will take a lot for them to change their minds, but it would have to start with Hannity, Carlson, and Levin.  Hannity and Levin may turn against L'Orange, but Carlson will never.  The rest of the Republican voters, the readers, are already ready to turn the page. 

The independents?  Well, the ones who left the Republicans left because of Il Don.  But some of them are pretty sour now.  Some might come back for DeSanctis.  Some might not.  The rest will simply gauge the way the wind is blowing. 

If Il Don announces his campaign next week, against the advice of all of his smarter followers, he will have ended up alienating the last of his followers who still have one foot in reality.  The rest of the "establishment" Republican party will crap on him.  DeSanctis doesn't have to say anything.  He can sit back and watch L'Orange self destruct.  The NatCs in the House will rally.  Like MTG and Boobear and Gaetz and Schiff, etc.  But the rest will stay silent because they're not stupid and know that he's becoming poison depending on where you are at.  It will set up another showdown between the "Establishment" and the "People's Choice". 

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 02:50:58 PM »
I think this opinion piece is spot on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-abandons-trump-throw-entire-101121926.html

Trump was never about the Republican Party, since he is the RINO, not all of the members who he has trashed.  When it becomes obvious that Trump will not be able to win in 2024, what will the rest of the Party do? Will they grow a back done, disown the  Trumpist in the Party and risk losing big in 2024 to get the stink off?

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 07:54:50 PM »
I think this opinion piece is spot on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-abandons-trump-throw-entire-101121926.html

Trump was never about the Republican Party, since he is the RINO, not all of the members who he has trashed.  When it becomes obvious that Trump will not be able to win in 2024, what will the rest of the Party do? Will they grow a back done, disown the  Trumpist in the Party and risk losing big in 2024 to get the stink off?

Lord Declassifier can still win the Republican nomination in 2024.  It all depends on how many other Republicans run against him.  More than one serious challenger would make the difference.  The only real hope is for a single establishment candidate that the establishment can rally around early and bring the 4th Estate with it.  Right now that person appears to be DeSanctis.  But there is still a large amount of open space between now and March 2024.  Splitting the Anti-Trumpist vote in any way will give the nomination to L'Orange.  I expect The Perfect Caller to still be able to get anywhere from 40 to 60% of the vote in early primary states.  The Grabber of Kitties should still be able to win New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.  Anywhere the Republican party is massively working class and non-college educated, L'Orange can still win.  He can lose the establishment but he still has a huge grasp on the proles.  But if DeSanctis or whomever else can win Alaska, Minnesota, and Texas on Super Tuesday 2024, it will change the race.  I expect Il Don to lose the rest of March, losing Kansas, Maine, PR, Idaho, Hawaii, and Michigan. 

The Trumpist apparatus in the RNC will attempt to stop a primary challenge from happening, as in 2020, but I'm unsure how successful they will be.  The key early states will be Iowa, SC, and Texas.  Nobody cares what NH does.  They're so nuts.  The final key race will be Wyoming.  If Wyoming turns against Il Don, it will be the end.  It means that the previous races will have had their effect. 

All this gets thrown out the window if the anti-Trump vote is split.  L'Orange wins easily. 

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 11:34:26 AM »
All this gets thrown out the window if the anti-Trump vote is split.  L'Orange wins easily.

Agree. Trump loses head-to-head against a competent/traditional Republican. But probably wins against 2 that split that vote and definitely wins against 3 or more of the traditional guys in a primary. Assuming he isn't confined to Mara-Lago with an ankle bracelet. I would hope a criminal conviction would limit his appeal even among his ardent supporters.

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 11:43:15 AM »
Could a party pass a rule disqualifying convicted felons or people currently serving a sentence from running in the primary? As private organizations, as I assume they could but they're so close to government agents in terms of setting electoral rules.

Frankly, the GOP passing a "no crooks" rule seems like the only way Trump getting convicted could have a material effect on the primaries.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 06:56:32 PM »
So, I'm flabbergasted at the timing of the knives coming out from the non-Trumpist wing of the party.  Because of having dinner with Kanye West and Nick Fuentes.  That was the straw that broke the camel's back?  Dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes?  I'm not trying to downplay anti-Semitism here.  Anti-Semitism is a problem in the United States, along with other forms of racism, and Anti-Semitism may be the biggest.  But Kanye West isn't exactly an anti-semitic superstar.  I mean, really?  Between him and Fuentes, one is a pathetic joke and another is certifiably mentally ill.  This isn't Louis Farrakhan here.  This isn't Robert Gregory Bowers. 

But that was the last straw?  Not the stolen classified documents in a closet?  Jan 6?  The election denial?  The food of BS?  Dinner with Kanye West was the last straw? 

I'm incredulous.  Honestly I think the same people were against L'Orange in 2016, except for Pence.  Who now has a reason to speak out I guess because he wants to be President now?  It's so self serving.  I'm not saying it was ok.  I am just incredulous that THAT was the final straw. 

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 08:55:20 PM »
It's happening now because they have two years until the next election that matters. It gives them time to re-consolidate if they successfully turf him out or two years for the base to forget that they tried and failed.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 12:41:17 PM »
It's happening now because they have two years until the next election that matters. It gives them time to re-consolidate if they successfully turf him out or two years for the base to forget that they tried and failed.

I agree completely. But after everything he's done its kind of a hilarious hill for the GOP establishment to make their stand on. The man tried to end the tradition of the peaceful transfer of power that has lasted since the founding of our nation. That can be overlooked but dinner with Ye and a right wing nutjob. That's a bridge to far.  ::)

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 01:43:59 PM »
I agree completely. But after everything he's done its kind of a hilarious hill for the GOP establishment to make their stand on. The man tried to end the tradition of the peaceful transfer of power that has lasted since the founding of our nation. That can be overlooked but dinner with Ye and a right wing nutjob. That's a bridge to far.  ::)

To be fair, a bunch of the same people for whom this is "a bridge too far" were the same people who criticized Jan 6, criticized Charlottesville, criticized Pussygrabgate, silently fought against the perfect call, and supported other candidates in 2016 during the primary.  The only real difference is Pence, who was "turned" on Jan 6, though he's been generally silent since.  That's changed since he's trying to feel out a run in 2024.  And the same people are being silent, like Hannity and McCarthy, etc. 

The difference is the volume and coordination here.  I mean, this isn't the first time L'Orange has hung out with Kanye.  And Kanye has been labeled a "jack-ass" since Black Jeezus labeled him as such in 2009.  Lord Protector Wallbuilder is basically buddies with the guy.  Nick Fuentes is all over hanging out at CPAC with all kinds of turds in the punch bowl like MTG and Boobert, etc.  But suddenly it's "too much".   ::)

I also don't see what the point is.  It's not like Fox News is going to be backing this.  It's not going to change the mind of the two core bases.  The Hard Core Trumpist Base (NatCs, Anti-Lefts) and the Blue Collar Base (McConnel who?).  You're never going to peel away the Hard Core Trumpists and the only way to pull away the Blue Collar Base is for Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, and ConRadio to all turn negative on Il Don, then have it penetrate far enough into Facebook and the water cooler and Thanksgiving.  I'm sorry, but it's all just beating the head against the wall.   

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 02:50:59 PM »
Things that were forgivable, ignorable, or deniable before are no longer, now that he's stepped over the line.;)

After all, he appeals to people because he's a "winner."  ;D

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »
After all, he appeals to people because he's a "winner."  ;D

All he needs is another storm.  Doesn't even have to be perfect this time.  He just needs the establishment vote split and a suitably disliked Democratic candidate.  It's not impossible. 

The greatest threat to L'Orange isn't the American electorate or the Republican establishment or even his own delusions.  It's the Judicial Branch of government. 

JoshuaD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 03:50:05 PM »
I liked Trump well enough. He was better than any president we've had since at least Reagan. He gave us four years of prosperity,  three supreme court justices who oppose radical and abusive constitutional interpretations. As a direct result of his nominations, Roe v Wade is finally dead, and good riddance. Terrible ruling, terrible results.

Trump kept us out of wars. He was effective in dealing with ISIS, North Korea, and Russia. I never believed he was personally socially conservative, but he did his job there for us. The January 6th stuff is way overblown. Trump was bad on some things, like COVID and his twitter account. I got all of that in exchange for a hysterical media. I'll take it. The media was a quiet tyranny and is still tyrannical although Trump did a good job in exposing how manipulative and biased they are. I'll take Trump's response to the media's manipulation over Romney's every single time.

I'd happily vote for Trump in 2024.

I'd be even happier if DeSantis is able to out-box him in the primaries and we get DeSantis. If he can fight Trump and win, he'll be the best outcome for me.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 05:29:11 PM »
I never believed he was personally socially conservative, but he did his job there for us. The January 6th stuff is way overblown. Trump was bad on some things, like COVID and his twitter account. I got all of that in exchange for a hysterical media. I'll take it. The media was a quiet tyranny and is still tyrannical although Trump did a good job in exposing how manipulative and biased they are. I'll take Trump's response to the media's manipulation over Romney's every single time.

I'd happily vote for Trump in 2024.

It always comes down to the ends justifying the means, doesn't it?  That's where it starts.  Then it slowly corrupts like some weird Chaos plague from 40K. 

Thus it is the error of men who are not strictly upright to seize upon something that seems to be expedient and straightway to dissociate that from the question of moral right. To this error the assassin's dagger, the poisoned cup, the forged wills owe their origin; this gives rise to theft, embezzlement of public funds, exploitation and plundering of provincials and citizens; this engenders also the lust for excessive wealth, for despotic power, and finally for making oneself king even in the midst of a free people; and anything more atrocious or repulsive than such a passion cannot be conceived. For with a false perspective they see the material rewards but not the punishment—I do not mean the penalty of the law, which they often escape, but the heaviest penalty of all, their own demoralization.

You're a somewhat unique bird, Josh, just not that unique.  You're not exactly a low information voter.  You don't get all of your thought from Fox News.  You're just a member of the anti-left intelligentsia.  Anything is better than a Democrat, yes?  I'd think that events, recent and historical, would have illustrated where this thought leads, but the hallmark of partisan politics is a kind of set of blinders. 

Morality cannot be traded for perceived expediency. 

four years of prosperity

Clinton gave eight

three supreme court justices who oppose radical and abusive constitutional interpretations

It won't mean anything if L'Orange destroys the Republican party and there isn't another conservative President in 20 years.

Roe v Wade is finally dead, and good riddance. Terrible ruling, terrible results.

Dobbs has been overblown by both extremes.  It simply returns the question of the legality of abortion to the States.

Trump kept us out of wars.

It's easy when you're sucking up to despots and tyrants. 

He was effective in dealing with ISIS, North Korea, and Russia.

This is where you begin to veer off from anything remotely arguable.

I never believed he was personally socially conservative, but he did his job there for us.

You have traded your soul for some silver.

The January 6th stuff is way overblown.

Lol.  No. 

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 06:51:20 PM »
four years of prosperity
I just want to investigate this one in particular, because I've heard it a lot and am genuinely baffled by it whenever it comes up. Unlike a lot of those claims, it's relatively evidence-based, which means it should be possible to evaluate it. But by what standard was America particularly prosperous under Trump's policies? There ARE a few metrics you could use to reach this conclusion, but I don't think anyone would seriously use any of those metrics to judge the prosperity of the nation overall. Specifically what sort of "prosperity" are we talking about?

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 10:03:47 AM »
four years of prosperity
I just want to investigate this one in particular, because I've heard it a lot and am genuinely baffled by it whenever it comes up. Unlike a lot of those claims, it's relatively evidence-based, which means it should be possible to evaluate it. But by what standard was America particularly prosperous under Trump's policies? There ARE a few metrics you could use to reach this conclusion, but I don't think anyone would seriously use any of those metrics to judge the prosperity of the nation overall. Specifically what sort of "prosperity" are we talking about?

It's really 3 years of prosperity with an asterisk on the 4th due to Covid19. While I think things could be handled much better than the Biden Admin is doing, especially as it relates to energy(which undergirds the rest of the economy, second only to food)... Spending time bothering to look at the demographics situation both in the US and internationally.. Part of what the Biden Admin is dealing with now was always going to happen. Covid19 just massively accelerated the timeline, and Russia has thrown its own set of challenges into the mix.. But Russia should have been comparatively trivial to deal with on the economic impact side of things.

By the time 2024(or really, 2025 to be honest) rolls around, Russia's negative economic impacts should long since be in the rear-view and mostly moot(aside from horrible energy policy driven by ideology rather than practicality). But the "post-Boomer" economic refactoring of the global economy with Covid19 accelerating the onset of said transition? That's still at least 4 years out on the horizon, and probably longer as some companies are only now starting to catch on, and building new supply chains takes years, 3 to 4 years for a suitably advanced factory is pretty typical.. Assuming the supply chain for the factory construction project doesn't also get disrupted by the supply chain problems.

Interest rates were always going to increase in the 2020's without respect to how the economy performs, because the Boomers of the western world are retiring and that money is going to cease "greasing the wheels" for the international system in play prior to Covid.

But in a good news/bad news context, at least we're not China. Their entire economic model is built around the idea of ever increasing infusions of foreign "investment capital" into their system to fuel the weird ponzi scheme they've been running since the 2008 Great Recession hit the rest of the world. Investment capital that mostly came from the Boomers. That money tap was always going to be greatly curtailed in any case. But China's handling of Covid forced divestment by a lot of corporations long before things started getting "spicy" over there a year ago. Unreliable and non-transparent supply chains don't make for strong business relationships when other options are available...

Tom

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2023, 01:16:30 PM »
I'm honestly worried about how the Trump tax increases are going to hit this year. People are not in a position to deal with it, and the House isn't going to be any help.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2023, 10:51:12 AM »
FYI, a recent poll of Republican support of Donald Trump showed that between 28 and 30 percent were solidly behind Trump for the next Presidential election.

More importantly, the pole also indicated that those 28 to 30 percent would follow him if he ran as a third-party candidate.

So while a majority of Republicans don't want Trump to be their candidate for President in 2024, they may have no choice if Trump decides to take his followers and go home. :(

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 10:52:32 AM »
I wonder what they will do when they realize that they can not win the General with Trump as the nominee.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 01:45:53 PM »
I wonder what they will do when they realize that they can not win the General with Trump as the nominee.

Deny reality. Hopefully they won't try to hang officials on the capital steps.