Author Topic: The Gingrich that stole EID  (Read 1539 times)

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
The Gingrich that stole EID
« on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36806380

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has suggested testing all US Muslims to see if they believe in Sharia, and deporting those who do.
Sharia is Islamic religious law based on the Koran, the life of Muhammad and the rulings of Islamic scholars.

The idea of testing for religious beliefs on ENTRY to the country makes sense, but testing for "sharia" blurs the line between Islam and Islamism.

The fact that there are some inhumane laws and principles that some Muslims associate with "sharia," does not change the fact that many innocuous, decent, and/or strongly positive laws are included as well.  Sharia is described as encompassing Muslim private laws as well as the Islamist public laws.  A finding that a muslim "supports sharia" might mean nothing more than he refuses to eat Pork.

I respectfully submit that we can live with non-pork eaters, with people that pray five times a day.  If we can't, we're not really America.

To the extent that we can do so constitutionally, I continue to support my earlier proposal that we screen anyone entering the country, or wishing to extend a visa, for onco-memes such as belief in honor crimes, female genital mutilation, belief that it's OK to commit sex acts with children and goats, belief that slavery is OK, or that God will appoint a Califf-figure who will make slaughter of unbelievers a good thing to do.