Author Topic: Bowie: "This is not America"  (Read 1854 times)

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bowie: "This is not America"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 03:33:27 AM »
Well, rioting is one way to keep an "undesirable" or "deplorable" right-winger from making an appearance at a University (Club) Sponsored Event.

Didn't we recently have a discussion about other college campuses having "issues" with predominantly left-wing groups going to extreme lengths to silence people they disagree with?

I hadn't even looked into event until I followed those links. Previously I just keyed in on the assertion "the protesters weren't students, it must be a false flag incident."

So ready to believe the other side would do such things, and oh so very willing to stick their head in the sand when it comes to what their own side frequently engages in.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 04:20:02 AM »
I think that folks in cars that get mobbed like that should have some protection analogous to "Stand Your Ground" to avoid getting ripped out of a car and lynched by a violent mob.  My proposed rule is this:

If it's masking its face, don't assume it's human.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
I think that folks in cars that get mobbed like that should have some protection analogous to "Stand Your Ground" to avoid getting ripped out of a car and lynched by a violent mob.  My proposed rule is this:

If it's masking its face, don't assume it's human.

Roll up the Windows, lock the doors, and the moment any glass starts to break, lay on the horn, rev the engine, and start rolling--acting in self-defense at that point IMO. I'm certainly not volunteering to be the next Reginald Denny.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:11:58 AM by TheDeamon »

Seriati

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder about the strategic impact of the tactical decision of the policy not to arrest rioters.  It seems that while this prevents a certain level of escalation at the immediate riot, the next protest that becomes a riot uses that level of violence as a new base line.  We're becoming so tolerant of violence at protests that its a non-issue.  When you combine that with the amount of protesters/rioters who travel from protest to protest it seems like an even worse plan.

I think, if an event like this is forced to be cancelled because of violence and danger, and you fail to make any arrests then the people in charge should be held accountable for the violation of the civil rights of those whose event was cancelled.  Maybe if more rioters got jail time, or failing that more managers and administrators did we'd seem more efforts to keep protests from become riots.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder about the strategic impact of the tactical decision of the policy not to arrest rioters.  It seems that while this prevents a certain level of escalation at the immediate riot, the next protest that becomes a riot uses that level of violence as a new base line.  We're becoming so tolerant of violence at protests that its a non-issue.  When you combine that with the amount of protesters/rioters who travel from protest to protest it seems like an even worse plan.

I think, if an event like this is forced to be cancelled because of violence and danger, and you fail to make any arrests then the people in charge should be held accountable for the violation of the civil rights of those whose event was cancelled.  Maybe if more rioters got jail time, or failing that more managers and administrators did we'd seem more efforts to keep protests from become riots.

This was beyond riot: it was planned low-grade terrorism.  They brought clubs, shields, and pepper spray which they used on innocents and bystanders.   

Agreed on the civil rights liability.  Milo Y should plan appearances in conjunction with Bannon and Trump's national security advisor to set a trap for these fascist anti-fascists.  (A fascist anti-anti-fascist trap?)

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 08:27:42 PM »
You can't defeat someone who is foul by being even more foul.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
You can't defeat someone who is foul by being even more foul.

And it's likely to escalate.  It seems kind of stupid for the side with fewer guns to start the violence.  Like Kent State stupid.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Except those who start trouble like this aren't the ones without guns, Pete. ;)

It is those peacefully standing around them that won't be armed. :(

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 02:15:35 PM »
Except those who start trouble like this aren't the ones without guns, Pete. ;)

It is those peacefully standing around them that won't be armed. :(

Don't bet on it.  Concealed carry license people act all peaceful, but they are trained in gun use.